Burning CDs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diogenes

The Fly
Questions: (really just to waste some time)

1)What do you burn most often?
2)What do you do when you are burning a cd?
3)Do you think it's right to be able to burn music/data
4)Did anyone else hear that some 'hackers' cracked the anti-copy technology that sony made? (all you have to do is color the first bit of the cd with a permanent marker and the cd drive skips over the stuff that tells it not to read)

------------------
" Can playing a Gibson guitar make you rich and famous? ... how do you define rich and famous? "

-Gibson, pure

1. mp3s? you mean what genre? a little of everything.

2. sleep or play spider solitaire

3. yes, cd prices are really high the music industry is asking for it. besides, I buy plenty of cds.

4. yeah, I heard that. lol.

------------------
Sunday all the lights of London / Shining, sky is fading red to blue / I'm kicking through the Autumn leaves / And wondering where it is you might be going to

Love,
Emily

<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html" TARGET=_blank>
Emily's Wallpapers
</A>

1)U2 bootlegs
2)Not much, my burner burns disks in a couple minutes.
3)I dont know if its RIGHT.. but I dont necessarily think its WRONG.
4)No I did not.

1. Music

2. make a cup of coffee,

3. Not sure what you mean is it right to burn CDs, If you mean is it right to copy copyrighted stuff, probably not but at ?14.99 for a new album on CD and ?3.99 for a single, its no wonder people copy them or buy a copy, And Games are even worse.

4. They always find a way around it, its a never ending circle, but poor sony, they try their hardest to stop piracy, probably costing thousands, and then somebody comes along with a marker pen and scribbles on the disk and thats it, Game cracked
biggrin.gif

------------------
Smoke me a kipper
Ill be back for breakfast

1)recently movies but usually games or audio
2)post on this forum
smile.gif

3)yes, just like it's no longer bad to tape a show of the t?l? with a vhs, the big corps just have to realize that there's no way to stop it and move on
4)
biggrin.gif

..and I agree, prices are way too high. 'They' are sucking the money out of us!

------------------
" Can playing a Gibson guitar make you rich and famous? ... how do you define rich and famous? "

-Gibson, pure

1. Live stuff mostly, esp. U2

2. I usually wait to burn stuff until I have somewhere to go, so when I get back, it's finished. I try not to burn stuff faster than 2X

3. Yeah, I think it's wrong if you're depriving some band of royalties. That's probably why most of my stuff is live, or sometimes CD's that I owned in the past but lost or got rid of. If I find something I really like, I'll usually go buy the CD, esp. since most of my music is by people who are not getting rich. But yes, someone is getting rich off of CD's, and I'm afraid the bands are getting pocket change from each unit sold. Someone in the know address this, please.

4. Someone is looking incredibly foolish.

1. Music, no data or vids, just music. All kinds, everything on the planet is available. Amazing and wonderful.
2. I shut down everything else, to ensure a clean burn. Then walk the dog or watch T V.
3. Is it right? I buy recorded music the labels, the industry, and programmers, would never promote, yet alone even expose. FUCK EM! They killed their golden goose.
4. It?s only 0s and 1s now. I believe the ?jeanie? is out of the bottle.

------------------
d
e
e
p
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
\/

"I know where all the bodies are buried"

Music and movies

Browse the internet or work on homework

I know it's illegal burning copyrighted material and I won't rationalize it by saying the industry is overpricing their product. Instead, I go to church every Sunday and ask God to forgive me for burning the cds. Seriously, though, if I like the product, then I'll buy it from the store. I use cd burning as a type of free trial.

Back
Top Bottom