Bumping old threads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Angela Harlem said:
There's no problem with it when its relevant or an occasional thing because something was funny etc. Its frowned upon as being annoying when it is done incessantly or there is no real purpose. Threads that may have had issues sometimes come up, and those for obvious reasons should remain buried. Not everything needs to be deleted, but its just hoped that people will be sensible about it, you know?
:yes: i think the main reason it's been such a touchy topic is because it seems that so many people have been bumping threads lately. no one's seemed to bump multiple threads, but rather (i'm just picking a random number here) 25 people bumping 25 threads. usually, there's just maybe one bumped thread on the entire forum.

and like someone said in don't expect, suggest, *sometimes* it can cause some confusion. several members have left the forum, been banned, or just changed user names. people (i'll even include myself in this) will just read a thread like the whole thing is current. people can reply to someone who doesn't come to the forums anymore, or like angela said, touchy issues could be brought up again.

so i guess what i'm trying to say is that bumping is all right, as long as it's done in moderation (meaning not to go bumping 200 threads), and to read the thread first to make sure nothing touchy will come up.

Back
Top Bottom