Bumpass, Virginia Superthread - Page 63 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-11-2008, 10:29 PM   #931
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Local Time: 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26

Have you been paying attention to the thread in Inside Broadcast about the change of ownership? The new owner is upgrading the site within the next week or two and will shut it down for 12 hours.
Didn't know that. Okay, thanks.

Old 05-11-2008, 10:32 PM   #932
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by gluey
You're on a role! I've had a busy morning between work and seeing the doctor to get the volley of bloodtests I need before my surgey next week. I've had the theme from Jaws in my head all day Sitting back having a coffee now before I do the school run....
Eek. Doesn't sound all too fun. My mother's actually in the hospital today for some more outpatient stuff; this time, they need to send some camera down via her throat to check out her intestines. Sounds like boatloads of excitement.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-11-2008, 10:32 PM   #933
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:
Originally posted by Cute Irish Bono
Hi, Screwtape.
I haven't listened to your CD exchange playlist yet. I have been working on mine and the genre introduction. I am almost done with my introduction to jazz fusion. I hope people give it a chance. Do you know any genres that well?
Old 05-11-2008, 10:33 PM   #934
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2

I haven't listened to your CD exchange playlist yet. I have been working on mine and the genre introduction. I am almost done with my introduction to jazz fusion. I hope people give it a chance. Do you know any genres that well?
Don't worry about it, Screwtape. Yes I do. Britpop, grunge, and alternative music.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:34 PM   #935
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

Eek. Doesn't sound all too fun. My mother's actually in the hospital today for some more outpatient stuff; this time, they need to send some camera down via her throat to check out her intestines. Sounds like boatloads of excitement.
Eek....had that done a few years ago when I had gallstones....they sedate you really well so you don't remember any of it. Wish they could sedate me next week, but NO, I have to be WIDE AWAKE for the whole procedure.....not liking that thought too much
Hope everything goes ok for your Mum Ax.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:35 PM   #936
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

So, Screwtape, jazz fusion? That's cool. I'm sure you'll do great and people will give it a chance.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:36 PM   #937
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Don't worry about it, Screwtape. Yes I do. Britpop, grunge, and alternative music.
Have you seen the genre introduction thread? I think people would be interested in an introduction to grunge and Britpop. I personally would like a better view of grunge.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:38 PM   #938
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

Have you seen the genre introduction thread? I think people would be interested in an introduction to grunge and Britpop. I personally would like a better view of grunge.
Yes, I have. Screwtape, I could easily talk about how Britpop or grunge make me feel. But I am not quite sure I can explain the commerical aspect of it. Is that o.k.?
Old 05-11-2008, 10:40 PM   #939
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Yes, I have. Screwtape, I could easily talk about how Britpop or grunge make me feel. But I am not quite sure I can explain the commerical aspect of it. Is that o.k.?
You can introduce or explain it in any way you want. No restrictions. No rules. Just your view of the genre.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:40 PM   #940
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Eek....had that done a few years ago when I had gallstones....they sedate you really well so you don't remember any of it. Wish they could sedate me next week, but NO, I have to be WIDE AWAKE for the whole procedure.....not liking that thought too much
Gluey, if you don't mind my asking, what are you having done??
Old 05-11-2008, 10:41 PM   #941
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

You can introduce or explain it in any way you want. No restrictions. No rules. Just your view of the genre.
O.K., thank you. I will go to that thread now.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:43 PM   #942
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 11:51 AM
Quote:

Oh, they do that for gallstones now? Heh. The doctors suspect some of Mum's problems might be caused by internal scar tissue left over from when she had gallstones removed in the early 1990s.

And holy shit, they can't sedate you or anything? I'd ... run away or something.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-11-2008, 10:43 PM   #943
Blue Crack Addict

Okay everyone who should be my third artist in the CD exchange?

Julee Cruise
Chris Issak
Keith Jarrett
Old 05-11-2008, 10:46 PM   #944
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MsPurrl

Gluey, if you don't mind my asking, what are you having done??
Hey!! Great to see you here!!

I'm having an EP Study done for an Atrial Arrythmia that I have. They go in through my groin (both sides) with all their wires etc, and bring on an 'attack' , then they try and 'burn' the faulty connection away in my heart. I have to remain totally unsedated etc to give it the best chance of being successful Bit freaked out about it now.....
Old 05-11-2008, 10:50 PM   #945
Blue Crack Supplier

Screwtape: John Frusciante will definitely be one of my artists. Not sure who else yet. I might do some rarer Springsteen stuff. After that, who knows.

Tags
superthread