Bumpass, Virginia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
KhanadaRhodes said:

lol yeah, he was in pain again. he's doing okay, he found out the hard way his diet is apparently very restrictive at first, at least. he was having more dairy than he should've and it was hurting his stomach (lol, nothing gross or anything).

Can you tell him to stop being so like my mother? :laugh: :wink:

She has to be extremely careful with her diet as the wrong foods induce pancreatitis attacks. Dairy in particular is risky. It's always a bit of a challenge when we go out to find somewhere that has a good range of things she can eat.

OK, so we're nearing the next thread. Where do we want to go? I've been suggesting Geebung, Queensland for a while, and there's Lake Minnewanka in Alberta. I was also reminded last night of Bogan Gate, New South Wales.

Axver said:
OK, so we're nearing the next thread. Where do we want to go? I've been suggesting Geebung, Queensland for a while, and there's Lake Minnewanka in Alberta. I was also reminded last night of Bogan Gate, New South Wales.

oooh, Bogan Gate sounds nice, and we can wear our trakky daks and fit in perfectly :yes:

cinnaminson said:

oooh, Bogan Gate sounds nice, and we can wear our trakky daks and fit in perfectly :yes:

:lol:

See, I was thinking it'd be a good idea to shut the Bogan Gate to keep people like myself safe. :wink:

Well, I would say that we've got U2 on my side of the Bogan Gate, but then I remembered there's this:

Bogans.jpg

Though since Bogan Gate is in NSW, maybe I should have used this one.

BogansII.jpg

cinnaminson said:
I've clicked onto Khan's video of the week and had a terrible shock!!! It was a song I've never seen before by the Sparks called Get in the Swing.

those shorts :eek:
:lmao: what a coincidence, i was just working on that page cuz i realized i never updated it (i do it every friday).

that video is hilarious :lol:

Axver said:
Can you tell him to stop being so like my mother? :laugh: :wink:

She has to be extremely careful with her diet as the wrong foods induce pancreatitis attacks. Dairy in particular is risky. It's always a bit of a challenge when we go out to find somewhere that has a good range of things she can eat.
whoa, how weird! i feel bad for him because there's so many things he can't eat right now. it'll apparently get better in time and won't be so strict, but right now he can't have any fiber, dairy...well, this is what he has to follow.

KhanadaRhodes said:

whoa, how weird! i feel bad for him because there's so many things he can't eat right now. it'll apparently get better in time and won't be so strict, but right now he can't have any fiber, dairy...well, this is what he has to follow.

oh dear, I think I know a little more about your Dad than I ever wanted too :ohmy:

KhanadaRhodes said:

That seems similar to my mother, though I don't know the precise details of her diet. Apparently some things might be able to be reintroduced gradually, but for the most part, foods she has to avoid now, she'll have to avoid for the rest of her life unless somebody comes up with some form of treatment.

KhanadaRhodes said:

:lmao: yeah i didn't see that first paragraph until just now. oops...

Well, at least I can say the reason my mother's on her diet is simply because certain foods send her pancreas haywire!

Axver said:
That seems similar to my mother, though I don't know the precise details of her diet. Apparently some things might be able to be reintroduced gradually, but for the most part, foods she has to avoid now, she'll have to avoid for the rest of her life unless somebody comes up with some form of treatment.
yeah, same thing with my dad. i feel bad for him, because he's just so matter of fact about some foods he'll never be able to eat again, like popcorn, that he loves. i know it's got to piss him off.

funny thing is, with the whole popcorn thing, he's the third person who can't eat popcorn for similar reasons. two friends of mine can't either, and they don't have anything like this! plus, my parents have encountered a plethora of people who have what he has, it's weird.

i feel bad for anyone who has some condition that restricts their diet, especially for things like my dad and your mom, because it's not like with heart attacks where they necessarily did anything to have it happen.

Axver said:

Well, at least I can say the reason my mother's on her diet is simply because certain foods send her pancreas haywire!
:lol: i don't know a lot of specifics about my dad's condition other that what i've read on wikipedia! that's enough info for me :no:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom