Bumpass, Virginia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
gluey said:
You're on a role! I've had a busy morning between work and seeing the doctor to get the volley of bloodtests I need before my surgey next week. I've had the theme from Jaws in my head all day :yikes: Sitting back having a coffee now before I do the school run....

Eek. Doesn't sound all too fun. My mother's actually in the hospital today for some more outpatient stuff; this time, they need to send some camera down via her throat to check out her intestines. Sounds like boatloads of excitement.

Screwtape2 said:

I haven't listened to your CD exchange playlist yet. I have been working on mine and the genre introduction. I am almost done with my introduction to jazz fusion. I hope people give it a chance. Do you know any genres that well?

Don't worry about it, Screwtape. :hug: Yes I do. Britpop, grunge, and alternative music.

Axver said:

Eek. Doesn't sound all too fun. My mother's actually in the hospital today for some more outpatient stuff; this time, they need to send some camera down via her throat to check out her intestines. Sounds like boatloads of excitement.

Eek....had that done a few years ago when I had gallstones....they sedate you really well so you don't remember any of it. Wish they could sedate me next week, but NO, I have to be WIDE AWAKE for the whole procedure.....not liking that thought too much :yikes:
Hope everything goes ok for your Mum Ax. :hug:

So, Screwtape, jazz fusion? That's cool. I'm sure you'll do great and people will give it a chance.

Screwtape2 said:

Have you seen the genre introduction thread? I think people would be interested in an introduction to grunge and Britpop. I personally would like a better view of grunge.

Yes, I have. Screwtape, I could easily talk about how Britpop or grunge make me feel. But I am not quite sure I can explain the commerical aspect of it. Is that o.k.?

gluey said:

Eek....had that done a few years ago when I had gallstones....they sedate you really well so you don't remember any of it. Wish they could sedate me next week, but NO, I have to be WIDE AWAKE for the whole procedure.....not liking that thought too much :yikes:

Gluey, if you don't mind my asking, what are you having done?? :hug:

Screwtape2 said:

You can introduce or explain it in any way you want. No restrictions. No rules. Just your view of the genre. :)

O.K., thank you. I will go to that thread now. :up:

gluey said:

Oh, they do that for gallstones now? Heh. The doctors suspect some of Mum's problems might be caused by internal scar tissue left over from when she had gallstones removed in the early 1990s.

And holy shit, they can't sedate you or anything? I'd ... run away or something. :yikes:

MsPurrl said:

Gluey, if you don't mind my asking, what are you having done?? :hug:

:hug: Hey!! Great to see you here!!

I'm having an EP Study done for an Atrial Arrythmia that I have. They go in through my groin (both sides) with all their wires etc, and bring on an 'attack' :yikes:, then they try and 'burn' the faulty connection away in my heart. I have to remain totally unsedated etc to give it the best chance of being successful :yikes: Bit freaked out about it now.....

Screwtape: John Frusciante will definitely be one of my artists. Not sure who else yet. I might do some rarer Springsteen stuff. After that, who knows.

gluey said:

:hug: Hey!! Great to see you here!!

I'm having an EP Study done for an Atrial Arrythmia that I have. They go in through my groin (both sides) with all their wires etc, and bring on an 'attack' :yikes:, then they try and 'burn' the faulty connection away in my heart. I have to remain totally unsedated etc to give it the best chance of being successful :yikes: Bit freaked out about it now.....

Yeah, I'm finally branching out a little bit.

Ack! That doesn't sound very pleasant at all! All good things to you--my thoughts and prayers are with you. :hug: :hug:

phillyfan26 said:
I was just there a couple of weeks ago.

There's more or less two "downtowns" (split by a highway). I was in the up scale one with my hotel, but we went food shopping to the other "downtown," which was a real down-townish kind of place.

Which probably doesn't help you at all, but, yeah.
:lol: not really, but thanks :wink:

i've been there twice before so i'm somewhat familiar with the downtown area...not sure which one i know that you know of though, lol. the one that has underground atlanta and used to have world of coca-cola.

there's supposedly something on a street, but i find the whole thing highly suspect. i know it's a long shot, but i figured i'd ask if anyone really knew the city :lol:

Axver said:
your mom and my dad are twins! he was back in the hospital again today too.

:hug: hope she's okay though.

KhanadaRhodes said:

your mom and my dad are twins! he was back in the hospital again today too.

:hug: hope she's okay though.

Really? :lol:

How's your father doing?

Axver said:
Really? :lol:

How's your father doing?
lol yeah, he was in pain again. he's doing okay, he found out the hard way his diet is apparently very restrictive at first, at least. he was having more dairy than he should've and it was hurting his stomach (lol, nothing gross or anything).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom