Bumpass, Virginia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
coolian2 said:

Crusaders managed a win too.

Although there was little challenge for top spot anyway.

Now the Crusaders don't even need to turn up next week and they will still finish first. :laugh:

In fact, if they hadn't turned up this week too, the worst that could've happened is second, i.e. they'd still get a home semi.

"Dream Team" is basically the poxiest/most cliche name for a sports side.

I thought at first, when the game was being talked about a few months ago, that it was a play on "Dreamtime" and all the players had indigenous heritage. That seems like the sort of suckup the AFL would do.

V are a goal up, a few minutes to go. What's a bet it's rigged and ends in a draw?

The Sad Punk said:
"Dream Team" is basically the poxiest/most cliche name for a sports side.

I thought at first, when the game was being talked about a few months ago, that it was a play on "Dreamtime" and all the players had indigenous heritage. That seems like the sort of suckup the AFL would do.

V are a goal up, a few minutes to go. What's a bet it's rigged and ends in a draw?

:lol:

It's only three quarter time on my broadcast. But yeah, I'd believe a draw. Then they'll claim it was just a fuck-up with the siren going too early or something. Nooo, it wasn't fixed.

The Sad Punk said:
Alright, I was wrong, Victoria won by 17 points. :grumpy:

Ooh, they're trading guernseys.

How is your broadcast so far ahead of mine? :huh:

Scores level on 105 on my broadcast ...

Axver said:

How is your broadcast so far ahead of mine? :huh:

Scores level on 105 on my broadcast ...

Gotta say it's because it's being played at the MCG and so it wouldn't be shown live, so as not to take away potential ticket purchasers.

The Sad Punk said:

Gotta say it's because it's being played at the MCG and so it wouldn't be shown live, so as not to take away potential ticket purchasers.

I didn't think they still did that bullshit. At least, they don't in the cricket.

Back when they used to do it in the cricket, I lived on the Gold Coast and could get the NSW Channel 9 affiliate, so I just changed channels ...

Axver said:

I didn't think they still did that bullshit. At least, they don't in the cricket.

It's the same here, I think in both respects. Cheap stuff.

The first Police Academy is on Comedy Channel, and my dad is home - I'm gonna watch it with him for a while. See you later Ax. :wave:

The Sad Punk said:
It's the same here, I think in both respects. Cheap stuff.

The first Police Academy is on Comedy Channel, and my dad is home - I'm gonna watch it with him for a while. See you later Ax. :wave:

Have a good one! :wave:

Dear Superthread Sigur Ros fans,

I cannot fathom why you recommended the album Von to me. Besides Myrkur, which is a fucking amazing track, the rest of the album is a complete waste. Sure, it's atmospheric, but you need to DO something with the atmosphere and give the listener something to take away rather than just ambiencing yourself into a dull grey background.

Regards,
Ax

This place has been far too dead tonight.

And I won't be here much of tomorrow. Steam train to go photograph, amongst other things. :drool:

Axver said:
Dear Superthread Sigur Ros fans,

I cannot fathom why you recommended the album Von to me. Besides Myrkur, which is a fucking amazing track, the rest of the album is a complete waste. Sure, it's atmospheric, but you need to DO something with the atmosphere and give the listener something to take away rather than just ambiencing yourself into a dull grey background.

Regards,
Ax

I must've missed this, because I sure as hell would not have recommended Von. It's easily their worst album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom