Bumpass, Virginia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People who don't properly tag albums are made of all kinds of epic phail. :mad:

As I'm sure you also discovered, Bonnie, if you got Swervedriver's Raise off Sordo.

Hey, Ian, you were praising the Aussie rugby league shirts last night, weren't you?

After seeing the highlights of the game on the news tonight, all I want to know is: why?

It was a replica of the jersey the first Australian team wore against New Zealand when one of the first International league game was played on May 9, 1908.

Which i also why they played at the SCG, instead of the vastly superior (for football) SFS.

coolian2 said:
Incidentally, that was why New Zealand wore the All Blacks look-a-like jersey instead of the traditional white V.

Ahh. Looks better without the V if you ask me.

coolian2 said:
It was a replica of the jersey the first Australian team wore against New Zealand when one of the first International league game was played on May 9, 1908.

Well, their first jersey was damn bland and unimaginative! Looks like somebody just went to a Target and bought a bunch of polo shirts for the guys to wear or something. The reason I say that is because I have a somewhat similar polo shirt in my wardrobe!

Axver said:

Ahh. Looks better without the V if you ask me.

I can't really decide. I like the fully black one for a bunch of reasons, but the really traditional one with the white V is brilliant.

I've always liked that Rep teams from provinces and cities in New Zealand had the exact same design - the same style V - but instead of black the jersey was the predominant colour of the rep teams area.

Uniformity :drool:

Axver said:

Well, their first jersey was damn bland and unimaginative! Looks like somebody just went to a Target and bought a bunch of polo shirts for the guys to wear or something. The reason I say that is because I have a somewhat similar polo shirt in my wardrobe!

:laugh:

It's a matter of taste, i'm not the only one who loves it out of the league fans i know.

I think those polo shirt guys may have copied league :shh:

coolian2 said:

I can't really decide. I like the fully black one for a bunch of reasons, but the really traditional one with the white V is brilliant.

I've always liked that Rep teams from provinces and cities in New Zealand had the exact same design - the same style V - but instead of black the jersey was the predominant colour of the rep teams area.

Uniformity :drool:

That is cool. What is the origin of the V anyway?

coolian2 said:

:laugh:

It's a matter of taste, i'm not the only one who loves it out of the league fans i know.

I think those polo shirt guys may have copied league :shh:

I find horizontal stripes more often than not don't tend to work too well. And it was just bloody weird seeing Australia in something other than green and gold.

By the way, I don't suppose you've seen anything from the Hurricanes vs Force game in the Super 14? The try the Force scored was so not a try.

Axver said:

I find horizontal stripes more often than not don't tend to work too well. And it was just bloody weird seeing Australia in something other than green and gold.

By the way, I don't suppose you've seen anything from the Hurricanes vs Force game in the Super 14? The try the Force scored was so not a try.

I love hoops. Second only to the V in terms of jersey coolness.

I have seen the Hurricanes/Force on the news but can't remember the Force try. Speaking of tries that weren't tries, how bad was the double movement in the league test last night? He was fucking tackled and crawled over the line - i've seen less get called as a double movement before!

Watched Road to Utopia instead of the 'tribute' game. Looking at it now, can see why. Talking to a coach during play? Really trivializing the whole thing.

Game isn't that bad, though.

coolian2 said:

I love hoops. Second only to the V in terms of jersey coolness.

I have seen the Hurricanes/Force on the news but can't remember the Force try. Speaking of tries that weren't tries, how bad was the double movement in the league test last night? He was fucking tackled and crawled over the line - i've seen less get called as a double movement before!

Oh yes, I saw that league try! My very first thought was "HOW THE HELL WAS THAT NOT CALLED AS A DOUBLE MOVEMENT?" But I almost never see double movements called nowadays, at least in union.

In the 'Canes/Force game, the Force chipped ahead and the ball was bouncing in the in-goal zone and both a Force player and a Hurricanes player dived for it. The Force guy happened to get his hand to it first and touched it before it bounced away. There is no way there was either downward pressure or control.

coolian2 said:
Ok, Channel 10. A camera, presumably in the umpires hat?

No fucking wonder nobody is taking this pseudo-State of Origin wank seriously.

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about here. Out of the loop, I guess. What's taking place?

Dear 65 Days Of Static,

When I listen to your music, I expect post-rock. Sure, I know you like your electronic stuff, but at its core, I expect your music to be founded on post-rock.

So what the fuck is this solely electronic EP all about? Seriously, guys. Well, at least the first track isn't boring, but the rest is.

Regards,
Ax

/rant

Axver said:

Oh yes, I saw that league try! My very first thought was "HOW THE HELL WAS THAT NOT CALLED AS A DOUBLE MOVEMENT?" But I almost never see double movements called nowadays, at least in union.

In the 'Canes/Force game, the Force chipped ahead and the ball was bouncing in the in-goal zone and both a Force player and a Hurricanes player dived for it. The Force guy happened to get his hand to it first and touched it before it bounced away. There is no way there was either downward pressure or control.

Ah, i've only seen the main camera angle of that. It did look a bit messy.

coolian2 said:

I'm half watching this AFL hall of fame "it's not quite origin but it'll shut you up" game

Is it like VIC vs SA or WA or something?

I wonder how I've managed to not hear about this.

Alright, I take back what I said - this game is really boring. Atmosphere, but no intensity. The novelty is okay I guess, but I have a problem with the lineups.

coolian2 said:

Ah, i've only seen the main camera angle of that. It did look a bit messy.

They showed it side-on on the news here. Now, I suppose I shouldn't make a final judgement call without seeing it in slo-mo, but I'm not sure you need to because it really looked like his hand just grazed it and nothing more.

Well, not as if it mattered, at least. 'Canes get the win, Force are out of contention for the top four. And the Bulls made our life even easier for us by knocking the Brumbies out of contention too. :up:

Axver said:

They showed it side-on on the news here. Now, I suppose I shouldn't make a final judgement call without seeing it in slo-mo, but I'm not sure you need to because it really looked like his hand just grazed it and nothing more.

Well, not as if it mattered, at least. 'Canes get the win, Force are out of contention for the top four. And the Bulls made our life even easier for us by knocking the Brumbies out of contention too. :up:

Crusaders managed a win too.

Although there was little challenge for top spot anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom