Bumberry, NSW Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I only listen to rock and its couple of variations: hip hop/rap, country, classical, techno ... they don't do it for me. Rock is pretty much it for me.

phillyfan26 said:

I know what you mean. I've been listening, up until these past couple of days, to David Bowie constantly, and his numbers are up there.

My top iTunes song is still Last to Die by Bruce Springsteen, with 71 plays. Moonage Daydream by David Bowie is second with 64 plays.

I listened to Ziggy Stardust, by the way. Alright album. I don't know if I really feel that strongly about it, but I'll give it another couple of spins; it might grow on me.

No spoken words said:

You'll be the first to die, for your own mistake.

Devil's Arcade > Gypsy Biker > Last to Die

Last to Die - 71
Gypsy Biker - 58
Devil's Arcade - 55

I agree with your assessment though.

Devil's Arcade is in my Desert Island playlist, too. I found the perfect song to segue into it, and I think you've mentioned you like this song as well.

Axver said:
I guess because I want a cohesive album experience.
thank you. i have a friend who listens to their music on shuffle most of the time and teases me because i pretty much always listen to entire albums. i just feel incomplete if i don't. if i listen to a couple songs, it's like...where's the rest?

Axver said:

I listened to Ziggy Stardust, by the way. Alright album. I don't know if I really feel that strongly about it, but I'll give it another couple of spins; it might grow on me.

Any songs stick out?

phillyfan26 said:
I only listen to rock and its couple of variations: hip hop/rap, country, classical, techno ... they don't do it for me. Rock is pretty much it for me.

I'm a prog/art/psychedelic rock and atmospheric metal guy, mostly. I appreciate other strands of those genres too - like Crowded House's pop rock is indescribably well done, and I'm so down with Orphaned Land's Middle Eastern death metal it's not funny. Oh, and I also love a lot of post-rock and post-metal, which I see as an extension of my interest in atmospheric music.

Beyond that, I find I'm quite open to most things, but haven't really gotten into it. Screwtape says he's going to get me into jazz. Country and rap do nothing for me, though. And all that soul/R&B that Brau kept berating people for not including in Desert Islands just bored me or sounded like cats being strangled at its worst extremes.

*GROSS ALERT*

the only thing worse than finding one of your hairs in your food is realizing that it is one of your grey hairs

I honestly think I wouldn'tve been so mortified if it were just one of my brown hairs. /public service announcement

KhanadaRhodes said:

thank you. i have a friend who listens to their music on shuffle most of the time and teases me because i pretty much always listen to entire albums. i just feel incomplete if i don't. if i listen to a couple songs, it's like...where's the rest?

I'm still very much an album guy, but I do use shuffle now and then....I also make playlists to be listened to at work.

KhanadaRhodes said:

YES. I can't stand shuffle. I've put my iTunes onto shuffle very occasionally, and it's just pissed me off. "No, I don't want to listen to this now! It doesn't fit here!" If I want a mixture of bands, rather than just one artist, I'll still put it together in a playlist that flows and creates a cohesive experience, like the Desert Island tracklists.

KhanadaRhodes said:

the only time i use shuffle is on my ipod. otherwise i gotta go on the musical journey. Love, Loss, Hope, and Repeat is one of those that can only be enjoyed in full. Whenever one of the tracks appears on my shuffle I stop it and play the whole album through. I'm obsessed like that.

unico said:
*GROSS ALERT*

the only thing worse than finding one of your hairs in your food is realizing that it is one of your grey hairs

I honestly think I wouldn'tve been so mortified if it were just one of my brown hairs. /public service announcement

you have grey hair????????

:hug:

phillyfan26 said:

Any songs stick out?

Honestly, none that I really remember. But on first listens, it's rare that I'll jump all over a song and say it stuck out more. Give it a few more plays.

I'm big on albums. My one buddy is just like Khan's friend: has 150 songs from about 140 musicians, listens on shuffle. Makes fun of how I like albums. Only album he owns is Sean Kingston.

phillyfan26 said:
I'm big on albums. My one buddy is just like Khan's friend: has 150 songs from about 140 musicians, listens on shuffle. Makes fun of how I like albums. Only album he owns is Sean Kingston.

Your one buddy is a dick.

mysterious_jen said:
looks around... bumberrys a nice place :wink:

hey guys. :wave"

hot enough for you axe?
:eeklaugh:

Hey Jen! :wave:

Yeah, just a wee bit warm, huh? My mother and her partner Alan are here - flako, asleep on the couches! So that's why I'm here.

Axver said:

Honestly, none that I really remember. But on first listens, it's rare that I'll jump all over a song and say it stuck out more. Give it a few more plays.

Gotcha.

Honestly, from your tastes, I think Station to Station and the three Berlin albums would be more up your alley. Low, specifically.

unico said:
*GROSS ALERT*

This is the one good thing about being an albino: I will never go grey. Just a bit too far beyond that already! :lol:

No spoken words said:
Your one buddy is a dick.

I think 30 of his songs are techno, 60 are rap, and the rest are a mix of Blink 182 and Sum 41.

Most high schoolers today have shit music tastes. The rest post on this board.

phillyfan26 said:

Don't be friends with Phail Collins. Just don't.

phillyfan26 said:

I think 30 of his songs are techno, 60 are rap, and the rest are a mix of Blink 182 and Sum 41.

Most high schoolers today have shit music tastes. The rest post on this board.

I wish you'd stop being friends with him.

No spoken words said:
AXVER:

Have you ever heard of /listened to anything by Alcest?

I have not only heard of Alcest; I rank Souvenirs D'un Autre Monde as the best album of 2007, even ahead of Porcupine Tree's Fear Of A Blank Planet. I never ever thought I'd hear somebody mix shoegazer and positive black metal and even a hit of post-rock, but fuck, Neige has done it perfectly in Alcest. I love Souvenirs D'un Autre Monde so much. What a listening experience. :drool:

Axver said:

I have not only heard of Alcest; I rank Souvenirs D'un Autre Monde as the best album of 2007, even ahead of Porcupine Tree's Fear Of A Blank Planet. I never ever thought I'd hear somebody mix shoegazer and positive black metal and even a hit of post-rock, but fuck, Neige has done it perfectly in Alcest. I love Souvenirs D'un Autre Monde so much. What a listening experience. :drool:

I'd never heard of them, then Phanan recommended that album. I fucking love it.

phillyfan26 said:

Gotcha.

Honestly, from your tastes, I think Station to Station and the three Berlin albums would be more up your alley. Low, specifically.

Yeah, I should download them. But like I've said, I'm just not really in one of those moods where I'm branching out musically. I go through phases like this. I guess it's consolidation, and part of it's just my current mood and mental state - I need familiar stuff. Then I hit phases where I can't stop acquiring new music and hearing anything and everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom