Bumberry, NSW Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

Not even close. Think I've got my closing sequence of five or six songs worked out at least. The start's causing me huge trouble.

You know how you'll be able to tell my playlist is more poppy than yours? Sheer difference in the number of songs.

Ax: Just spent the last half hour downloading some of the stuff. Thanks again. :up:

Khan, if you have the patience to send MP3s as attachments to me, I'd welcome them. :wink:

Playlist: I have my first disc pretty much done, and the closing of my second disc is done. The first half of disc two is what's giving me trouble. No idea how to start it, don't know how to lead into the theme of the end.

Axver said:

I don't think it has ever factored highly for me. I did love Walk On when I was just becoming a serious U2 fan, but as much as I like its sincerity, the cliche lyrics get too much after a while. And I've never actually rated Kite that highly, mainly due to its awful processed strings intro. I wish the studio version had been like the astonishing live version on Vertigo.

I think the middle ground album for me is probably War. It has some classic songs, an over-rated one (SBS), some middling stuff, and some bullshit.

I was going to say it's a middle ground album like War for me.

Theres the overrated stuff (Walk On, BD (as much as i love it), Elevation)
The alright stuff (WILATW, Kite)
And the bullshit (IALW, POE, Grace)

Just received the I'm Not Your Baby you sent. Sorry about the Yahoo. It does deserve a pox.

the tourist said:

You know how you'll be able to tell my playlist is more poppy than yours? Sheer difference in the number of songs.

:lol:

At the moment, I've got 2 hours 26 minutes of music, made up of 24 songs. Last time, I had 2 hours 39 minutes; 36 songs. I think in Desert Island II, I had 40 songs.

Off ATYCLB, I enjoy Beautiful Day, Walk On, Kite, and In a Little While.

Meh: WILATW

The Rest: Phail Collins.

Stuck was good acoustically, Elevation was decent live. That's it, that's the list.

Axver said:

At the moment, I've got 2 hours 26 minutes of music, made up of 24 songs. Last time, I had 2 hours 39 minutes; 36 songs. I think in Desert Island II, I had 40 songs.

I've currently got just under 2 hours, 22 songs.

phillyfan26 said:
Ax: Just spent the last half hour downloading some of the stuff. Thanks again. :up:

Khan, if you have the patience to send MP3s as attachments to me, I'd welcome them. :wink:

Playlist: I have my first disc pretty much done, and the closing of my second disc is done. The first half of disc two is what's giving me trouble. No idea how to start it, don't know how to lead into the theme of the end.

Not a problem. Dirty Day (Bitter Kiss) is coming, then if I've time, Father Is An Elephant and Carry Me Home for everybody.

I'm having trouble leading from my opener to my closing stuff. I want a bit of light in my playlist before plunging totally into darkness, but it's hard to work that in cohesively.

Axver said:

I have 42 songs at 2 hours 36 minutes.

coolian2 said:

I was going to say it's a middle ground album like War for me.

Theres the overrated stuff (Walk On, BD (as much as i love it), Elevation)
The alright stuff (WILATW, Kite)
And the bullshit (IALW, POE, Grace)

As I see it, there's:

Classic stuff: TGBHF
Good stuff: WILATW
Also good stuff, but something wrong/missing: Walk On (cliche lyrics), Kite (intro sucks), Grace (just not on WILATW's level)
Mediocre but listenable: BD, Wild Honey, New York
Kinda daft: Elevation, Peace On Earth
Absolute dogshit: Stuck, IALW

Axver said:
I'm having trouble leading from my opener to my closing stuff. I want a bit of light in my playlist before plunging totally into darkness, but it's hard to work that in cohesively.

I feel like this album has less cohesion than my symphonic. Sure, in the symphonic, that was the point, but, still, it's pissing me off.

I need a good opener for my second disc, and I don't have one.

My playlist takes some risks, I even have a ska band thrown in there.

coolian2 said:

All he did was pass on what his brother said

And shit, those are weird boundaries in Vaduz

I hope his brother didn't lose his job at the Kunstmuseum in the fallout. :tsk:

Varitek said:
Ax I don't think I have Carry Me Home.

Alright, I'll include you in the e-mail. It'll come with FIAE, but I guess you just don't need to download it. It'll be the 11/11/1980 performance.

Girl breaks up with her boyfriends of two plus years. How long do I wait to make a move?

phillyfan26 said:
I feel like this album has less cohesion than my symphonic. Sure, in the symphonic, that was the point, but, still, it's pissing me off.

I need a good opener for my second disc, and I don't have one.

My playlist takes some risks, I even have a ska band thrown in there.

That's actually my problem too. Some songs just aren't fitting together in the way I want them to. I'll get it in the end, I hope, but it might take a bit of experimentation.

Also, I've thrown my "no metal because Interference is closed-minded" rule to the four winds. Fuck it, I want a really dark tracklist, and I know where to get it. So what if some music n00bs can't take death growls?

Varitek said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Liechtenstein-admin.png

wtf.

if i do go to liechtenstein this summer ya'll can give me your addresses and expect a post card.

The boundaries are just fucked. You get the feeling it's probably from some sort of Middle Ages dealing, some lord just buying up plots of land where he could with no regards to territorial cohesion.

And you MUST go to the Kunstmuseum and write to us all. Not necessarily at the same time. But if you were to sit down in a gallery there and write to us, that'd be even funnier!

My closing track is definitely going to be an instrumental, I'm just not sure which would work best ... there's a few. One would be a good traditional closing, but one would be a little off-kilter, but could work with the theme better if I work it right.

Needs a better opening to the second disc still. Can't find one. Hmm. Decisions.

This one song per artist rule really hamstrings me. I honestly don't listen to enough artists to get the cohesion going well enough.

coolian2 said:

Before anyone else does

I disagree. Let some other poor bastard be the rebound.

But then again, why the hell should he take advice from either of us?

phillyfan26 said:
Girl breaks up with her boyfriends of two plus years. How long do I wait to make a move?

I don't know if the relationship was as serious and intense as my 18 month college relationship, or why she broke up (part of why I broke up with him was that I was feelilng claustrophobic, so I really wasn't into commitment afterwards). But there will be a rebound period of a while. For me it was probably 5-6 months, though it took a while to find someone to emotionally rebound off of for final closure. But you don't want to be a rebound if you really like her....so I would wait a while if you want something healthy.

If you just wanna make out with her or have a shallow relationship built on rebound, go for it in a few weeks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom