Bumberry, NSW Superthread - Page 34 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-10-2008, 09:50 AM   #496
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by unico

well, i'd rather be doing more meaningful work. what i mean is that this job sucks in general. the pay is ridiculously low. i'm not doing what i spent 2 years studying and researching my master's degree to do. instead i'm just a paper pusher. also some faculty seem to treat me like i'm their personal assistant, asking me to do mundane things like printing off e-mails for them, or taking their phone calls. it is an unfortunate waste of my talents. good thing i won't be here much longer.
Bah, that does sound pretty shitty.

My lazy side sometimes takes over and likes the idea of anything where I'm paid to essentially slack off and post on Interference. But yeah, I could never tolerate a job where my brain goes to waste.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-10-2008, 09:51 AM   #497
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 05:18 PM
Quote:

what kind of work do you do? (if you don't mind me asking)
I was referring to when I used to be a "cash register operator", and that was boring especially on late shifts.

Currently, I'm a supervisor at a cafe, and do stuff like cleaning up, making coffee (the REAL stuff, not what you Americans drink) and cooking. It's good fun, and pays reasonably.

Old 03-10-2008, 09:51 AM   #498
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic
See I've been paid to stand around and do nothing.

It's as boring as all hell, especially with no Internet connection.

But then again I just wasted something like 4 days in a hospital staring into space, so I might be slightly biased...
Let's get the government to pass a law that all hospital rooms must come with a laptop and all hospitals must be fully fitted with wi-fi. For free. Fuck TVs, we're so past TVs. Hospital rooms need computers, not TVs.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-10-2008, 09:52 AM   #499
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

Bah, that does sound pretty shitty.

My lazy side sometimes takes over and likes the idea of anything where I'm paid to essentially slack off and post on Interference. But yeah, I could never tolerate a job where my brain goes to waste.
haha yeah, slacking off is fun, but that's not to say i don't feel guilty about it. as soon as a student comes in or calls, the site gets closed. unfortunately i'm here because i've nothing to do. so it's not like i'm putting off work or procrastinating or something.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:53 AM   #500
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Let's get the government to pass a law that all hospital rooms must come with a laptop and all hospitals must be fully fitted with wi-fi. For free. Fuck TVs, we're so past TVs. Hospital rooms need computers, not TVs.
i'm all for it! i rarely watch tv anymore. it's incredibly dull to me.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:54 AM   #501
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

Incidentally, I would have to say the Terrorism lecture was the most informative introductory lecture I've been to. Most of my other stuff the last week has been a waste of time. I hope this standard keeps up.
Awesome.

Although, I did see the co-ordinator's name on an email, and I had to laugh cause it's such a... well, terrorist name!

I mean,

Muhammad Rashaad Bakashmar

Just screams terrorist, especially if you're one of those uneducated idiots.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:54 AM   #502
Vocal parasite

Quote:
unfortunately i'm here because i've nothing to do. so it's not like i'm putting off work or procrastinating or something.
I could offer you a job. You could write my essays for me! Puts your brain to use, and pays well - ten million Zimbabwean dollars per essay!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-10-2008, 09:55 AM   #503
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I was referring to when I used to be a "cash register operator", and that was boring especially on late shifts.

Currently, I'm a supervisor at a cafe, and do stuff like cleaning up, making coffee (the REAL stuff, not what you Americans drink) and cooking. It's good fun, and pays reasonably.
ah okay. yeah being a cashier was pretty boring. i had to do crazy shit to pass the time. i was always talking to customers, playing tag with the scanner with the other cashiers, bowling merchandise with the managers...all things i shouldn't have been doing. it sucked when i was the only cashier. i learned the lyrics to many pop songs that i couldn't stand.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:56 AM   #504
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I could offer you a job. You could write my essays for me! Puts your brain to use, and pays well - ten million Zimbabwean dollars per essay!
as tempting as ten million Zimbabwean dollars sounds, at the moment I'm looking up articles for my own essay. so i'll have to pass.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:56 AM   #505
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

The only thing I had was a TV, which had one channel - you wanted more channels, you went downstairs and paid for them.

I kept my mobile on the whole time though, and was told by my friends that the radiation was probably setting off some maching somewhere in the building and killing someone.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:56 AM   #506
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Awesome.

Although, I did see the co-ordinator's name on an email, and I had to laugh cause it's such a... well, terrorist name!

I mean,

Muhammad Rashaad Bakashmar

Just screams terrorist, especially if you're one of those uneducated idiots.
I KNOW. I had EXACTLY the same thought when I saw that. I was just waiting for some ignorant dolt to ask a ridiculous question, but thankfully nobody did. He seems like a fairly friendly fellow and I'm looking forward to the rest of this course.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-10-2008, 09:56 AM   #507
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

ah okay. yeah being a cashier was pretty boring. i had to do crazy shit to pass the time. i was always talking to customers, playing tag with the scanner with the other cashiers, bowling merchandise with the managers...all things i shouldn't have been doing. it sucked when i was the only cashier. i learned the lyrics to many pop songs that i couldn't stand.
Oh, the horrible horrible music they used to play at Target!
Old 03-10-2008, 09:58 AM   #508
Vocal parasite

Quote:

i'm all for it! i rarely watch tv anymore. it's incredibly dull to me.
I agree entirely. There are so few shows I can bring myself to care about, and they're usually the shows that make me laugh. I spend so much time reading serious stuff, both academically and in fiction, that TV is just an escape for the lulz.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-10-2008, 09:58 AM   #509
Vocal parasite

Quote:
i learned the lyrics to many pop songs that i couldn't stand.
Like your signature?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-10-2008, 09:59 AM   #510
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

I KNOW. I had EXACTLY the same thought when I saw that. I was just waiting for some ignorant dolt to ask a ridiculous question, but thankfully nobody did. He seems like a fairly friendly fellow and I'm looking forward to the rest of this course.
"Excuse me, but is your experience of terrorism gathered from a firsthand experience?"

"Could you please clarify that for me?"

"Are you, or were you a terrorist?"

Tags
superthread