Bumberry, NSW Superthread - Page 33 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-10-2008, 09:36 AM   #481
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic
Wow, it's pretty quiet in here. Uni starts, and bang! postwhoring stops.
Yeah, it's been a bit slower. I think we're now taking 1.5-2 days with threads. Ian and I both seem to be getting lives, so there's that.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-10-2008, 09:36 AM   #482
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

So with no boss around, you're slacking off on the blue crack, eh?

I've had a lovely day. It's been great to see Mum. Now she and her partner Alan are sleeping on a mattress in my kitchen. Don't even ask; it somehow makes the most sense here!
i spoke too soon. boss just walked in

Old 03-10-2008, 09:37 AM   #483
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Fair enough; basically I thought I had appendicitis, the doctors thought I had appendicitis then thought I had a perforated bowel/appendix, then during the operation they found out it was none of the above, just old scar tissue pressing against the bowels.

And the worst part of it all was, I GOT NEEDLES STUCK IN ME!
sounds painful!!! so you're hangin in there now? how long until you're fully recovered?
Old 03-10-2008, 09:38 AM   #484
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by unico

i spoke too soon. boss just walked in
Aww. And yet you're STILL here with us? Stuff work, eh?

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-10-2008, 09:40 AM   #485
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:04 AM
Quote:

sounds painful!!! so you're hangin in there now? how long until you're fully recovered?
Probably a week for me to walk around and all that fully; by my standards of fully recovered, probably about a month.

And I agree with what Ax just said - your boss walks in and you're still here?!
Old 03-10-2008, 09:41 AM   #486
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Aww. And yet you're STILL here with us? Stuff work, eh?
no FUCK work!
if I had stuff to do, believe me I'd do it. plus the faculty are gone b/c it is spring break, so it will either be a slow week where nothing happens or a stressful week where all these problems surface and i'm the only one here to address them.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:42 AM   #487
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

Don't worry - it was more a contextual, introductory sort of thing, and what's most important are a few of the terms encountered that my notes explain. I always take comprehensive notes and it really has little bearing on the lecture content - I tend to inexplicably fall asleep in lectures, no matter how entertaining the lecturer, so I take copious notes or otherwise scribble in the margins to keep myself awake. And really, offering you the use of my notes is the least I can do!

The good news for you is this course has no exam. I believe there will be some mid-semester open book task but I can't quite remember right now. The main assessment at the end of semester is an essay. So don't worry yourself too much if you can't make this week's lecture. Again, I hope you recover swiftly from this! Let me know if there's anything besides loaning you my notes that I can do. Actually, what's your e-mail? Just in case I need to get in contact with you - any post here is liable to get lost deep within a closed thread!

As for me, I had a good weekend! Went out nerding around on trains on Saturday and had a productive Sunday cleaning up the place. Now my mother's down here since she was well enough to travel and that's very nice. Tempted to blow off classes tomorrow to spend more time with her, but I do have a tute with my favourite tutor ...
I'd skip, or at least finish the tute then go off travelling. Family is, to me, one of the most important things anyone can have and should come first - and I figure you think the same way!

uwenlow at gmail.com is where you can get me, although I don't use that for IM chatting - I do try to at least keep some sort of net security going.

And no exam is the best thing I've heard all day!
Old 03-10-2008, 09:43 AM   #488
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

no FUCK work!
if I had stuff to do, believe me I'd do it. plus the faculty are gone b/c it is spring break, so it will either be a slow week where nothing happens or a stressful week where all these problems surface and i'm the only one here to address them.
So pretty much the exact opposite of the university situation here, where we've just started, everyone's in and most people are shouting at each other wondering what the hell's going on...
Old 03-10-2008, 09:44 AM   #489
Vocal parasite

Quote:

no FUCK work!

I'm the kind of person who thinks a slow week, being paid to arse around and do sweet fuck-all, is the ideal kind of job.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-10-2008, 09:45 AM   #490
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

So pretty much the exact opposite of the university situation here, where we've just started, everyone's in and most people are shouting at each other wondering what the hell's going on...
yeah pretty much! but i'm sure it'll get that way next week over here. though i personally don't see why i have to be here when there are no students around.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:45 AM   #491
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

I'm the kind of person who thinks a slow week, being paid to arse around and do sweet fuck-all, is the ideal kind of job.
See I've been paid to stand around and do nothing.

It's as boring as all hell, especially with no Internet connection.

But then again I just wasted something like 4 days in a hospital staring into space, so I might be slightly biased...
Old 03-10-2008, 09:47 AM   #492
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

well, i'd rather be doing more meaningful work. what i mean is that this job sucks in general. the pay is ridiculously low. i'm not doing what i spent 2 years studying and researching my master's degree to do. instead i'm just a paper pusher. also some faculty seem to treat me like i'm their personal assistant, asking me to do mundane things like printing off e-mails for them, or taking their phone calls. it is an unfortunate waste of my talents. good thing i won't be here much longer.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:47 AM   #493
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I'd skip, or at least finish the tute then go off travelling. Family is, to me, one of the most important things anyone can have and should come first - and I figure you think the same way!

uwenlow at gmail.com is where you can get me, although I don't use that for IM chatting - I do try to at least keep some sort of net security going.

And no exam is the best thing I've heard all day!
Yeah, I'm a bit torn really. I've got my favourite tute, then a lecture I'm happy to skip, then the first tute for Democracy & Violence and I really feel I should attend it. But Mum goes home on Thursday, which feels all too terribly soon. Though if I'm at uni, it gives her time to freely rock around shops in Melbourne that I'd never want to go to!

Righto, I'll drop you a line. As it stands, I only use Gmail for e-mail - AIM is my IM of choice. To be specific, an ancient version hacked to include Firefox-like tabs but otherwise retain the simplicity of early versions.

I'll only have one exam this semester.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-10-2008, 09:47 AM   #494
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

See I've been paid to stand around and do nothing.

It's as boring as all hell, especially with no Internet connection.

But then again I just wasted something like 4 days in a hospital staring into space, so I might be slightly biased...
what kind of work do you do? (if you don't mind me asking)
Old 03-10-2008, 09:49 AM   #495
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Especially in the History faculty, which the rest of the uni doesn't give a shit about so our readers haven't fucking turned up in the bookshop yet and nobody knows anything about what's happening ...!

Incidentally, I would have to say the Terrorism lecture was the most informative introductory lecture I've been to. Most of my other stuff the last week has been a waste of time. I hope this standard keeps up.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread