Bumberry, NSW Superthread - Page 32 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-10-2008, 09:04 AM   #466
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:12 PM
mornin party peoples!

Old 03-10-2008, 09:10 AM   #467
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 02:12 PM
Hey Mia!

How are you today?

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-10-2008, 09:16 AM   #468
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:12 PM
Damn, it was warm.

Add to that the fact that my (new) scar hurts, my back is beginning to hurt from bending over and that my bowels aren't able to push hard enough to perform their job, and it's been a pretty crappy day!

How've you all been?
Old 03-10-2008, 09:19 AM   #469
Blue Crack Addict

Ax - I'm great! Boss isn't in just yet, it's just me and another, so it is a peaceful morning. How was your day? Did you have fun times with your mom?
Old 03-10-2008, 09:20 AM   #470
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic

Add to that the fact that my (new) scar hurts, my back is beginning to hurt from bending over and that my bowels aren't able to push hard enough to perform their job, and it's been a pretty crappy day!
Mornin Maj!
Old 03-10-2008, 09:21 AM   #471
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Howdy Mia!
Old 03-10-2008, 09:21 AM   #472
Blue Crack Addict

How goes it?
Old 03-10-2008, 09:24 AM   #473
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Damn, it was warm.

How've you all been?
Ick, that's entirely unfun. Best wishes that your recovery goes well. How long is it likely to take? Not sure if you saw in the last thread - I mentioned I've got fairly extensive notes from Thursday's lecture if you want them, and I'll of course have more if you can't make it again this week.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-10-2008, 09:24 AM   #474
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Well, I'm still happy to be alive, so very well! Otherwise, I'm just complaining about my back and stomach and bowels to whoever'll listen.

How about you? Had a good weekend?
Old 03-10-2008, 09:25 AM   #475
Blue Crack Addict

Yeah what happened Maj, did you have surgery or something? I haven't been keeping up
Old 03-10-2008, 09:26 AM   #476
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by unico
Ax - I'm great! Boss isn't in just yet, it's just me and another, so it is a peaceful morning. How was your day? Did you have fun times with your mom?
So with no boss around, you're slacking off on the blue crack, eh?

I've had a lovely day. It's been great to see Mum. Now she and her partner Alan are sleeping on a mattress in my kitchen. Don't even ask; it somehow makes the most sense here!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-10-2008, 09:27 AM   #477
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
Ick, that's entirely unfun. Best wishes that your recovery goes well. How long is it likely to take? Not sure if you saw in the last thread - I mentioned I've got fairly extensive notes from Thursday's lecture if you want them, and I'll of course have more if you can't make it again this week.
Awesome, that's great. I appreciate your willingness to lend your notes to me, although it does imply that there was a lot of stuff I missed (!)

I might or might not make it in depending on how walking goes. I'm just worried I'll fall over and be unable to get up or something stupid like that - understandable when you remember that I am (was?!) a martial artist who prefers to have control over a fit and entirely healthy body.

How was your weekend? Read a few pages back and it seemed like you had a great dinner, at any rate!
Old 03-10-2008, 09:29 AM   #478
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by unico
Yeah what happened Maj, did you have surgery or something? I haven't been keeping up
Fair enough; basically I thought I had appendicitis, the doctors thought I had appendicitis then thought I had a perforated bowel/appendix, then during the operation they found out it was none of the above, just old scar tissue pressing against the bowels.

And the worst part of it all was, I GOT NEEDLES STUCK IN ME!
Old 03-10-2008, 09:33 AM   #479
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Wow, it's pretty quiet in here. Uni starts, and bang! postwhoring stops.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:34 AM   #480
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Awesome, that's great. I appreciate your willingness to lend your notes to me, although it does imply that there was a lot of stuff I missed (!)

I might or might not make it in depending on how walking goes. I'm just worried I'll fall over and be unable to get up or something stupid like that - understandable when you remember that I am (was?!) a martial artist who prefers to have control over a fit and entirely healthy body.

How was your weekend? Read a few pages back and it seemed like you had a great dinner, at any rate!
Don't worry - it was more a contextual, introductory sort of thing, and what's most important are a few of the terms encountered that my notes explain. I always take comprehensive notes and it really has little bearing on the lecture content - I tend to inexplicably fall asleep in lectures, no matter how entertaining the lecturer, so I take copious notes or otherwise scribble in the margins to keep myself awake. And really, offering you the use of my notes is the least I can do!

The good news for you is this course has no exam. I believe there will be some mid-semester open book task but I can't quite remember right now. The main assessment at the end of semester is an essay. So don't worry yourself too much if you can't make this week's lecture. Again, I hope you recover swiftly from this! Let me know if there's anything besides loaning you my notes that I can do. Actually, what's your e-mail? Just in case I need to get in contact with you - any post here is liable to get lost deep within a closed thread!

As for me, I had a good weekend! Went out nerding around on trains on Saturday and had a productive Sunday cleaning up the place. Now my mother's down here since she was well enough to travel and that's very nice. Tempted to blow off classes tomorrow to spend more time with her, but I do have a tute with my favourite tutor ...

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread