Bumberry, NSW Superthread - Page 31 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-10-2008, 07:20 AM   #451
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:16 AM
Quote:
Zooropa's my favourite nineties album besides Passengers, and speaking of that, I'd really, really miss having Passengers. I'd also badly want Acrobat and Gone. But I'm willing to trade all that for Lovetown being the end. What a way to go out, and what a legacy they would have left. Some of the best post-punk and some even better atmospheric rock. No embarrassing Stuck In A Moments or Vertigos.
Just imagine what's happening in some parallel universe. I bet they get all the luck on that dimension.

Old 03-10-2008, 07:25 AM   #452
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk
I'm not familiar with the last two, I joined in 05 but didn't post for about a year, cause I wasn't a U2 fan for most of 06.

But U2man was damn good value. He better come back, I think he very rarely fell flat.
Ah, right. I honestly wonder how many of the people in our little postwhorehouse here actually listen to U2 much.

U2Man was awesome. I honestly never really got why he was banned. But then, I don't follow too much of the forum politics.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-10-2008, 07:27 AM   #453
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Just imagine what's happening in some parallel universe. I bet they get all the luck on that dimension.
Bastards. There's probably some dimension where U2 go straight from Lovetown to Zooropa and Passengers, then reunite in 2006 or so to release an album with the 11 or so good songs from the four shitty albums we're stuck with.

I, for one, would love to live in a dimension with no Playboy Mansion, Miami, etc.

Then again, maybe we're having some luck too. Possibly in some alternate dimension, Coldplay's the world's biggest band, pumping out best-selling albums of piano fluff every year.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-10-2008, 07:33 AM   #454
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:16 AM
Quote:
Ah, right. I honestly wonder how many of the people in our little postwhorehouse here actually listen to U2 much.
Oh, I listen to them a lot, and I've been a fan since about 2001, albeit rather more casually. In early '06 I was just like, fuck this I'm getting into different music, U2 would be as much in the past as Nirvana and the Smashing Pumpkins had been for me. But seeing them live changed all that, and I gathered a whole new respect for them. I hope you enjoyed these Histories.

Quote:
Then again, maybe we're having some luck too. Possibly in some alternate dimension, Coldplay's the world's biggest band, pumping out best-selling albums of piano fluff every year.
This is going to happen soon in this dimension, I bet. I get the impression that people think Coldplay is yesterday's news a lot, but their new album will sell forty billion copies and Chris Martin will make up silly characters and they're going to have a song like One. I mean, I hope this doesn't happen, but it probably will.

Anyway, I've been here overtime, so I'll have to say goodbye. Catch you later!
Old 03-10-2008, 07:43 AM   #455
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Oh, I listen to them a lot, and I've been a fan since about 2001, albeit rather more casually. In early '06 I was just like, fuck this I'm getting into different music, U2 would be as much in the past as Nirvana and the Smashing Pumpkins had been for me. But seeing them live changed all that, and I gathered a whole new respect for them. I hope you enjoyed these Histories.
I've always been a casual fan, and 2002-05 was the period of my serious fanaticism. Now, I think I've taken all of the healthy interest in tracks I really like, and picked up a site I really enjoy co-maintaining, but don't have a burning desire to listen to the band any more. That said, I've listened to a fair bit of U2 this year, much more than last year. Certainly it's no secret Porcupine Tree has become my #1. I can relate to your 2006 experience - I branched out shitloads then. I just really badly needed new stuff.

Quote:
This is going to happen soon in this dimension, I bet. I get the impression that people think Coldplay is yesterday's news a lot, but their new album will sell forty billion copies and Chris Martin will make up silly characters and they're going to have a song like One. I mean, I hope this doesn't happen, but it probably will.
Please, don't give me nightmares! I'm optimistic: their next album will flop, and in 10 years, nobody will remember them.

Quote:
Anyway, I've been here overtime, so I'll have to say goodbye. Catch you later!
Have a good one!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-10-2008, 07:55 AM   #456
Blue Crack Addict

Greetings Motherfuckers!
Old 03-10-2008, 08:04 AM   #457
Vocal parasite

Greetings, lazy non-postwhore.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-10-2008, 08:05 AM   #458
Blue Crack Addict

Actually, We were internetless all weekend anyway.

It would have made little difference if I was home or not.

How was your weekend?
Old 03-10-2008, 08:07 AM   #459
Vocal parasite

Excuses, excuses.

Actually, I'd go mad in such circumstances. Well, at least my Internode connection has always been rock solid.

My weekend was good; I went riding on trains and was all nerdy like that. How about yourself?

PS I need to hop on one of the V/Line trains and come visit you one day soon in Shepparton.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-10-2008, 08:12 AM   #460
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
Excuses, excuses.

Actually, I'd go mad in such circumstances. Well, at least my Internode connection has always been rock solid.

My weekend was good; I went riding on trains and was all nerdy like that. How about yourself?

PS I need to hop on one of the V/Line trains and come visit you one day soon in Shepparton.
Coolio.

Well internet is always reliable, but because we're currently so far out of town, they need to upgrade our service. Its been about the only time its ever been down since 2005.

My weekend was bascially go to my girlfriends sisters Deb Ball. T'was a great night, then caught up with a friend from Shepparton in the city, and that was about it.

Just got home about an hour ago.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:16 AM   #461
Vocal parasite

Ah, right. We had some issues at my old place you visited in Tallai just because we were on the fringe of the Gold Coast. Bit of a piss-off. I've had better Internet ever since I've lived in central suburbs of Brisbane and then Melbourne.

Sounds like you've had a good one then. I went down to Frankston to ride the cool train that runs between there and Stony Point. In the process I discovered everything they say about Frankston really is true.

But now I've really got the travel/photography bug and need to ride and photograph all the other services. At least you provide a convenient excuse to go to Shepparton! Not sure what the hell I'll use to justify going to places like Echuca and Bairnsdale ...

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-10-2008, 08:23 AM   #462
Blue Crack Addict

Echuca is a nice little town.

I guess If you don't like water skiing, then there's not much to look forward too.

Shepp's an even more waste of time really.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:25 AM   #463
Vocal parasite

I get the feeling there isn't exactly shitloads to do in much of country Victoria. But damnit, I want to ride these trains! Even if it means just checking out a cafe near the station before riding back to Melbourne!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-10-2008, 08:27 AM   #464
Blue Crack Addict

Yeah, perhaps you would be better off being a train driver

I'm off to bed. Absolutely stuffed. Talk to you later!
Old 03-10-2008, 08:37 AM   #465
Vocal parasite

I would drive trains if I had satisfactory vision.

Have a good one!

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread