Bumberry, NSW Superthread - Page 30 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-10-2008, 06:50 AM   #436
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk
That's okay, I want Bono to leave U2.
I wouldn't mind either.

Really, Edge is what makes this band. Bono's unfocused and has no memory, Larry's got no talent, and Adam ... well, he's got no talent but he covers for it with a good attitude.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-10-2008, 06:52 AM   #437
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26

Let's not act like Brau now.
The forum certainly lacks colour with him gone now. But it's a colour the forum needed to lack.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-10-2008, 06:55 AM   #438
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:35 AM
There are still pricks around, don't worry.
Old 03-10-2008, 06:57 AM   #439
Vocal parasite

Quote:
There are still pricks around, don't worry.
Nobody else has ever said I have Bono's schlong down my throat though!

And Brau's musical conceit won't be missed from the Desert Island tournament, that's for sure.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-10-2008, 07:04 AM   #440
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:05 PM
I have honestly always seen U2 as one musician and three deadweights (deadweights that come up with good ideas now and again, granted). Edge really deserves more credit than to be simply seen as an abuser of the delay pedal. Anyway, he's still too influenced by the producers and such and such.

Why did Canadiens get banned, anyway?
Old 03-10-2008, 07:08 AM   #441
Blue Crack Addict

I probably shouldn't have called U2 deadweights on a U2 forum.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:09 AM   #442
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I have honestly always seen U2 as one musician and three deadweights (deadweights that come up with good ideas now and again, granted). Edge really deserves more credit than to be simply seen as an abuser of the delay pedal. Anyway, he's still too influenced by the producers and such and such.

Why did Canadiens get banned, anyway?
Yeah, that's pretty much my perspective too. I feel that by Pop, Adam was really doing some interesting stuff and wasn't dead weight, but for whatever reason, he's gone back into his shell and is just plodding around in the land of mundanity.

Apparently, for spamming, inappropriate behaviour, having to be warned on a daily basis, and this was his final demise: http://forum.interference.com/showth...80#post5017680

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-10-2008, 07:11 AM   #443
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:35 AM
Alright, I'm out. Have a good one, guys.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:11 AM   #444
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I probably shouldn't have called U2 deadweights on a U2 forum.

Most of the regulars here don't seem to like U2 any more anyway. It seems the more posts you have, the less you like the guys.

I've said that I wish U2 had quit in Berlin. We all know the story about the creation of One saving the band. I wish it hadn't. If U2 just had their eighties material as their entire canon, they'd probably be in my top two bands permanently.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-10-2008, 07:12 AM   #445
Blue Crack Addict

I'm going to have to decide whether that's good riddance or not, he seemed like a nice chap beyond all that shit.

In any case, U2man still needs to come back.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:12 AM   #446
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Alright, I'm out. Have a good one, guys.
Farewell, Pee Fan.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-10-2008, 07:14 AM   #447
Blue Crack Addict

Seeya Pfan.

Quote:
I've said that I wish U2 had quit in Berlin. We all know the story about the creation of One saving the band. I wish it hadn't. If U2 just had their eighties material as their entire canon, they'd probably be in my top two bands permanently.
I would agree, but Zooropa is my favourite album. I'm not sure where I stand on U2 having a respectable history and 'One' never existing in exchange for Zooropa. I may need to think about this next time I'm inebriated.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:15 AM   #448
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I'm going to have to decide whether that's good riddance or not, he seemed like a nice chap beyond all that shit.

In any case, U2man still needs to come back.
I think he's a good guy, even if I thought some of his attempts to be funny fell rather flat. When he was funny, he was hysterical.

I really miss U2Man. He was great in the European Vertigo setlist parties and next time around won't be quite the same without him. I miss the guys from those parties. U2Man, zwervers, yimou ... not sure where the latter two have gone.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-10-2008, 07:17 AM   #449
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I would agree, but Zooropa is my favourite album. I'm not sure where I stand on U2 having a respectable history and 'One' never existing in exchange for Zooropa. I may need to think about this next time I'm inebriated.
Zooropa's my favourite nineties album besides Passengers, and speaking of that, I'd really, really miss having Passengers. I'd also badly want Acrobat and Gone. But I'm willing to trade all that for Lovetown being the end. What a way to go out, and what a legacy they would have left. Some of the best post-punk and some even better atmospheric rock. No embarrassing Stuck In A Moments or Vertigos.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-10-2008, 07:18 AM   #450
Blue Crack Addict

I'm not familiar with the last two, I joined in 05 but didn't post for about a year, cause I wasn't a U2 fan for most of 06.

But U2man was damn good value. He better come back, I think he very rarely fell flat.

Tags
superthread