Bumberry, NSW Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phillyfan26 said:
I'd say Treasure, Native Son, Lady with the Spinning Head, and Smile are all favorites of mine right now. The Electrical Storm electric guitar mix is great too (both the demo and the single).

I don't have Dancing Barefoot. I also don't have Slow Dancing or Wild Irish Rose.

Those are all awesome. How do you feel on the matter of Native Son vs Vertigo? I think everything about Native Son is superior to Vertigo personally.

Wild Irish Rose is sending now. I'm going out soon, but if I've time, I'll get Dancing Barefoot and Slow Dancing started too. :)

I prefer Native Son. The lyrics are the main thing. The melody's better, the vocals are better ... I think the guitar parts are comparable, I'm not against Vertigo's guitar stylings. Native Son's definitely a better track, though, no doubt about it. The lyrics alone kick the ass of Vertigo ten times over.

Axver said:

Those are all awesome. How do you feel on the matter of Native Son vs Vertigo? I think everything about Native Son is superior to Vertigo personally.

Wild Irish Rose is sending now. I'm going out soon, but if I've time, I'll get Dancing Barefoot and Slow Dancing started too. :)

Am i able to jump on the Wild Irish Rose bandwagon? I have Dancing Barefoot and Slow Dancing already.

coolian2 said:

My Mondays were constructed by Phail Collins himself. My Tuesdays he just gets a co-credit.

:lol:

The worst part about my Thursdays is I may end up having to do some of my Royal Historical Society work that day before class too. It'd be mornings at the Historical Society, then I'm at uni midday to 5:15 with a 1.5 hour break in there. But at least one of my lectures and tutes are with Maj. Panic (when he's not in hospital anyway ...) and I can go have lunch with Ali.

coolian2 said:

Am i able to jump on the Wild Irish Rose bandwagon? I have Dancing Barefoot and Slow Dancing already.

Ah shit, it's already sending. I'll pass it on later today. I think Vazza wanted a copy too? I know I needed to send one to her and I've sent so much stuff lately that I can't recall if I did or not.

Axver said:

Ah shit, it's already sending. I'll pass it on later today. I think Vazza wanted a copy too? I know I needed to send one to her and I've sent so much stuff lately that I can't recall if I did or not.

I thought i was a bit late.

No rush, i've barely downloaded anything you've sent me yet. I'm looking forward to it.

And thanks a lot for doing it too

phillyfan26 said:
I prefer Native Son. The lyrics are the main thing. The melody's better, the vocals are better ... I think the guitar parts are comparable, I'm not against Vertigo's guitar stylings. Native Son's definitely a better track, though, no doubt about it. The lyrics alone kick the ass of Vertigo ten times over.

Quoted for truth. This is pretty much my opinion too. :up:

Axver said:

Quoted for truth. This is pretty much my opinion too. :up:

I think Vertigo sounds slightly more finished, but ... Native Son's got so much more going for it.

I love Edge's verse. :drool:

Axver said:

you got me for WIR already

Well, it's currently 43 minutes short of the maximum. It's a big difference is all. I tend to think you're right and that everyone will be fair.

Yeah, I mean, I'm not changing it, it's a concept album that I finally got to work.

phillyfan26 said:

I think Vertigo sounds slightly more finished, but ... Native Son's got so much more going for it.

I love Edge's verse. :drool:

I think it is another example of the band turning their back on a good thing. Too many songs never make the album because of that stupidity. Yes I said it, U2 can be a very dumb band sometimes. :wink:

Screwtape2 said:

I think it is another example of the band turning their back on a good thing. Too many songs never make the album because of that stupidity. Yes I said it, U2 can be a very dumb band sometimes. :wink:

Joshua Tree was honestly the only album where they got things generally close to correct.

Screwtape2 said:

True but that isn't saying much. Walk To The Water, Spanish Eyes, Wave of Sorrow, Luminous Times and Deep In The Heart are good enough to make an album even if they needed a little more work.

Yeah but this isn't a knock against everything that did make the album, which was all fabulous. Could they ahve done a double, or put out R+H earlier and with more original stuff on it? yeah, but JT is fine.

Screwtape2 said:
True but that isn't saying much. Walk To The Water, Spanish Eyes, Wave of Sorrow, Luminous Times and Deep In The Heart are good enough to make an album even if they needed a little more work.

Absolutely, they just got closer there. Spanish Eyes for TTYW should have been obvious, but they did pretty well.

UF: EPAA, 4th of July, MLK? All weaker than the B-sides.

I have Zooropa in mine. The very end of that song matches up perfectly with another song (that squeaky disc sound), which I have matched it up with.

Varitek said:

Yeah but this isn't a knock against everything that did make the album, which was all fabulous. Could they ahve done a double, or put out R+H earlier and with more original stuff on it? yeah, but JT is fine.

Oh I agree that the Joshua Tree is fine. I'm just saying those songs deserved better. Walk To The Water is the best song ever written in my opinion. It deserved better than a b-side.

I'm not a huge fan of Walk to the Water. I think most of the Joshua Tree session tracks were superior to it. It's a good tune, though.

phillyfan26 said:

Absolutely, they just got closer there. Spanish Eyes for TTYW should have been obvious, but they did pretty well.

UF: EPAA, 4th of July, MLK? All weaker than the B-sides.

Just imagine what kind of unreleased stuff we get for TUF. How much of that will be better than the songs already there. See I really think the band are terrible at choosing which songs to finish. TUF was a great album and was their most cohesive album but I think when we see the unreleased tracks we'll see how much more it could have been.

phillyfan26 said:
I have Zooropa in mine. The very end of that song matches up perfectly with another song (that squeaky disc sound), which I have matched it up with.

Ahh, I used New Year's Day, as it mateches up with a lot of the sounds of the more current bands I put songs on by.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom