Bumberry, NSW Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
unico said:

:lol: as tempting as ten million Zimbabwean dollars sounds, at the moment I'm looking up articles for my own essay. so i'll have to pass.

You sure about that? I mean, ten million Zimbabwean dollars might go so far as buying you a newspaper. A NEWSPAPER! MIGHT!

major_panic said:

The only thing I had was a TV, which had one channel - you wanted more channels, you went downstairs and paid for them.

I kept my mobile on the whole time though, and was told by my friends that the radiation was probably setting off some maching somewhere in the building and killing someone. :lol:

... wow. That's really bad. I'd have thought that they'd at least give you the five free-to-air channels for, uh, free.

:lol: Was that at Royal Melbourne? Because I walk past there to get to uni from the route 55, and judging by all the smokers always congregated at the entrance, I don't think they need your mobile phone to kill them - they're doing a fine job already by themselves, thank you very much!

Axver said:

You sure about that? I mean, ten million Zimbabwean dollars might go so far as buying you a newspaper. A NEWSPAPER! MIGHT!

"Here's your tissue sir, only five million dollars"

major_panic said:

"Excuse me, but is your experience of terrorism gathered from a firsthand experience?"

"Could you please clarify that for me?"

"Are you, or were you a terrorist?"

:laugh:

I was seriously expecting the first question. I think the guy's an African Muslim, so I was afraid some moron would ask "did you meet Osama in Somalia?" or some such shit.

He should have a really interesting perspective on things though.

Axver said:

:lol: Was that at Royal Melbourne? Because I walk past there to get to uni from the route 55, and judging by all the smokers always congregated at the entrance, I don't think they need your mobile phone to kill them - they're doing a fine job already by themselves, thank you very much!

Nah, I was at the ENEMY'S CAMP - Monash Medical Centre. I live much closer to that place than to Royal Melbourne.

Speaking of which, I've always maintained that Melb Uni is the best place in Australia to get injured in - we're surrounded by hospitals. I've seen an ambulance pull out onto Royal Parade from the private hospital, make a u-turn and go straight into the uni! I still wonder if it'd have been more efficient for two people to run across the road with a stretcher...

major_panic said:

When I was sitting around bored waiting for my operation, Mia's sig popped into my head. It's... curiously addictive.

:lmao:

I luckily enough can't actually remember the song properly. And I don't want any of you to remind me! Don't waste your time finding YouTube links - I won't click them!

The funniest thing is that I don't have a clue what the song is.

When I say her sig popped into my head, I mean literally. I had to figure out a tempo for the words, for goodness sakes!

unico said:

:hmm: the whole news paper? or are there sections missing?

The sport section's been cut, for two good reasons:

1. All the major sports feature those dirty white imperialists. Let's burn their farm houses and steal their businesses!
2. The Zimbabwean national cricket team, comprised solely of black Africans loyal to ZANU-PF, are so utterly dominant that all other countries are incapable of playing them and have launched a boycott of Zimbabwe so that they can play amongst themselves and acquire the necessary skills to compete. Lazy, untalented imperialist pigs!

/Mugabe

Axver said:

1. All the major sports feature those dirty white imperialists. Let's burn their farm houses and steal their businesses!
2. The Zimbabwean national cricket team, comprised solely of black Africans loyal to ZANU-PF, are so utterly dominant that all other countries are incapable of playing them and have launched a boycott of Zimbabwe so that they can play amongst themselves and acquire the necessary skills to compete. Lazy, untalented imperialist pigs!

/Mugabe

:lmao:

Axver said:

/Mugabe

:laugh:

major_panic said:

Nah, I was at the ENEMY'S CAMP - Monash Medical Centre. I live much closer to that place than to Royal Melbourne.

Speaking of which, I've always maintained that Melb Uni is the best place in Australia to get injured in - we're surrounded by hospitals. I've seen an ambulance pull out onto Royal Parade from the private hospital, make a u-turn and go straight into the uni! I still wonder if it'd have been more efficient for two people to run across the road with a stretcher...

HOW DARE YOU! You've betrayed us. I don't think I can ever speak to you now. :tsk:

And haha, that's true. I remember when I had an asthma attack before an exam once, and the invigilators actually had to have a discussion about where it would be easiest to take me for medical treatment!

I think to get people from uni to the hospital, the ambos just need a portable siren that one can put on their head. Then they can safely run out into traffic with their stretcher and the siren on!

major_panic said:
The funniest thing is that I don't have a clue what the song is.

When I say her sig popped into my head, I mean literally. I had to figure out a tempo for the words, for goodness sakes!

HA. Classic.

I know I've heard the song, but I've mercifully forgotten the tempo or anything really associated with it. I'm happy to stay that way!

Axver said:

I think to get people from uni to the hospital, the ambos just need a portable siren that one can put on their head. Then they can safely run out into traffic with their stretcher and the siren on!

:lol:

Okay people, I need sleep. I'll catch you all some other time! Have fun postwhoring and all that!

:wave:

G'night, Maj.! I'll be in touch via e-mail sometime.

I probably should go too. I was going to leave about 75 minutes ago ... woops.

Have a good one, Mia! :wave:

And remember, the offer of millions of Zimbabwean dollars for essays remains on the table, should you get sufficiently bored ... :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom