Bumberry, NSW Superthread - Page 15 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-09-2008, 11:48 PM   #211
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:10 PM
I only listen to rock and its couple of variations: hip hop/rap, country, classical, techno ... they don't do it for me. Rock is pretty much it for me.

Old 03-09-2008, 11:48 PM   #212
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26

My top iTunes song is still Last to Die by Bruce Springsteen, with 71 plays.
You'll be the first to die, for your own mistake.

Devil's Arcade > Gypsy Biker > Last to Die

Old 03-09-2008, 11:49 PM   #213
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 12:10 PM
Quote:

I know what you mean. I've been listening, up until these past couple of days, to David Bowie constantly, and his numbers are up there.

My top iTunes song is still Last to Die by Bruce Springsteen, with 71 plays. Moonage Daydream by David Bowie is second with 64 plays.
I listened to Ziggy Stardust, by the way. Alright album. I don't know if I really feel that strongly about it, but I'll give it another couple of spins; it might grow on me.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-09-2008, 11:50 PM   #214
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words

You'll be the first to die, for your own mistake.

Devil's Arcade > Gypsy Biker > Last to Die
Last to Die - 71
Gypsy Biker - 58
Devil's Arcade - 55

I agree with your assessment though.

Devil's Arcade is in my Desert Island playlist, too. I found the perfect song to segue into it, and I think you've mentioned you like this song as well.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:50 PM   #215
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
I guess because I want a cohesive album experience.
thank you. i have a friend who listens to their music on shuffle most of the time and teases me because i pretty much always listen to entire albums. i just feel incomplete if i don't. if i listen to a couple songs, it's like...where's the rest?
Old 03-09-2008, 11:51 PM   #216
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

I listened to Ziggy Stardust, by the way. Alright album. I don't know if I really feel that strongly about it, but I'll give it another couple of spins; it might grow on me.
Any songs stick out?
Old 03-09-2008, 11:51 PM   #217
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:40 AM
looks around... bumberrys a nice place

hey guys. :wave"

hot enough for you axe?
Old 03-09-2008, 11:52 PM   #218
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I only listen to rock and its couple of variations: hip hop/rap, country, classical, techno ... they don't do it for me. Rock is pretty much it for me.
I'm a prog/art/psychedelic rock and atmospheric metal guy, mostly. I appreciate other strands of those genres too - like Crowded House's pop rock is indescribably well done, and I'm so down with Orphaned Land's Middle Eastern death metal it's not funny. Oh, and I also love a lot of post-rock and post-metal, which I see as an extension of my interest in atmospheric music.

Beyond that, I find I'm quite open to most things, but haven't really gotten into it. Screwtape says he's going to get me into jazz. Country and rap do nothing for me, though. And all that soul/R&B that Brau kept berating people for not including in Desert Islands just bored me or sounded like cats being strangled at its worst extremes.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-09-2008, 11:52 PM   #219
Blue Crack Addict

*GROSS ALERT*

the only thing worse than finding one of your hairs in your food is realizing that it is one of your grey hairs

I honestly think I wouldn'tve been so mortified if it were just one of my brown hairs. /public service announcement
Old 03-09-2008, 11:52 PM   #220
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

thank you. i have a friend who listens to their music on shuffle most of the time and teases me because i pretty much always listen to entire albums. i just feel incomplete if i don't. if i listen to a couple songs, it's like...where's the rest?
I'm still very much an album guy, but I do use shuffle now and then....I also make playlists to be listened to at work.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:53 PM   #221
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by unico
/pubic service announcement
Dalton did it, not me!
Old 03-09-2008, 11:53 PM   #222
Vocal parasite

Quote:

YES. I can't stand shuffle. I've put my iTunes onto shuffle very occasionally, and it's just pissed me off. "No, I don't want to listen to this now! It doesn't fit here!" If I want a mixture of bands, rather than just one artist, I'll still put it together in a playlist that flows and creates a cohesive experience, like the Desert Island tracklists.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-09-2008, 11:54 PM   #223
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

the only time i use shuffle is on my ipod. otherwise i gotta go on the musical journey. Love, Loss, Hope, and Repeat is one of those that can only be enjoyed in full. Whenever one of the tracks appears on my shuffle I stop it and play the whole album through. I'm obsessed like that.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:54 PM   #224
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by unico
*GROSS ALERT*

the only thing worse than finding one of your hairs in your food is realizing that it is one of your grey hairs

I honestly think I wouldn'tve been so mortified if it were just one of my brown hairs. /public service announcement
you have grey hair????????

Old 03-09-2008, 11:54 PM   #225
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Any songs stick out?
Honestly, none that I really remember. But on first listens, it's rare that I'll jump all over a song and say it stuck out more. Give it a few more plays.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread