Bulls, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Actually, the night of the HTDAAB leak was pretty incredible. I still remember it fondly, despite current feelings on the album.

Good times. I remember it too. I think I was on dial up or ISDN or someshit. Took forever to get the complete picture.

One Step Closer may not actually be a classic, but it's still one of the few decent tracks on HTDAAB. I stand by my defence of it - if not my lavishings of excessive praise - in the days after HTDAAB leaked.

:up:

Axver responding to disappointed guy said:
Mate, SAVOUR IT. Give it time to sink in, experience its richness. It's mellow and it's a grower.

Looks like it (OSC) stood the test of time for you.

Didn't it leak in the early evening? Or am I getting old and having memoryfails again ...

I think I remember coming home from school and discovering that it had leaked earlier in the day ...

Contact between Axver and Danny. :cute:

Axver said:
I was actually in bed when I heard the bleep of AIM of Bono_man2002 talking to me. I then nearly told him I was going back to bed but decided to check Interference once more ... AND THERE WAS MIRACLE DRUG!

This has been PERFECT.

I'll be YouSendIting everything either soon or in the morning. I'm not sure if I'm going to sleep or not.

*feels like a stalker*

Pretty sure NLOTH leaked during the early afternoon, when some Aussie online store accidentally made it available for purchase.

And U-Wen, I can't recall the last time you STARTED a thread! :laugh:

Previous assertions are void in instances of :fuckyeah: posts...

:fuckyeah!:

I wish NLOTH had leaked when I was ACTUALLY AWAKE.

Now that was a pretty memorable night. :nostalgia:

I am 2/3 through terms of the point in the story I'm bemoaning, but I think I can speed through most of the rest.

I could have done this with so much more spleen and bile if given more time... but then it might never end and I would be dead of spleen explosion. Expleension?

*continues*

One Step Closer may not actually be a classic, but it's still one of the few decent tracks on HTDAAB. I stand by my defence of it - if not my lavishings of excessive praise - in the days after HTDAAB leaked.

Every time I hear it, I inch closer to defining it as the best track on HTDAAB.

I still think Grace -> OSC -> Cedars of Lebanon would work amazingly well in a movie context, or just some quiet atmospheric thing.

Pretty sure NLOTH leaked during the early afternoon, when some Aussie online store accidentally made it available for purchase.

Oh, it did? But my recollections of that day still apply.

Good times. I remember it too. I think I was on dial up or ISDN or someshit. Took forever to get the complete picture.

I was on dialup ... and as AMAAW (I think) was downloading, there was a HUGE crack of thunder and I lost power for about a minute. I'd been listening to the new album (or the bits that had leaked so far, anyway!) on headphones and had no idea there was even a storm. I remember letting out this huge exclamation of "FUCK!" and when the power came back, I spent all the rest of the storm being really nervous power would go down again.

Hah hah, the days when You Send It was relevant ...

:giggle:

bono_man2002 said:
i also cant believe that bono did not lie to us.....

U2 defintly have 2+ albums up their sleve....i can wait 20 years for music this good.

:laugh:

LITTLE DID HE KNOW BONO KEPT LYING FOR YEARS AFTER.

I was on dialup ... and as AMAAW (I think) was downloading, there was a HUGE crack of thunder and I lost power for about a minute. I'd been listening to the new album (or the bits that had leaked so far, anyway!) on headphones and had no idea there was even a storm. I remember letting out this huge exclamation of "FUCK!" and when the power came back, I spent all the rest of the storm being really nervous power would go down again.

:lmao:

Every time I hear it, I inch closer to defining it as the best track on HTDAAB.

Nowadays, the songs that stick in my mind most positively from HTDAAB are COBL, AMAAW, Crumbs, and OSC. Not that I listen to anything from there regularly.

However, funnily enough, I do play Smile and Native Son on occasion. Two best songs from the era, and neither made the album!

I remember when sloth leaked... least, I remember having downloaded it on a Saturday, and listening to it through lunch.

And I haven't started a thread in years, probably, but oh well.

Bahaha.

Originally posted by csimpok
Yahweh is also great but i wouldn't say it is a classic.
Some songs sound the same (very similarly). Haven't anybody realized this?

Axver said:
What album did you listen to? These songs are so varied and FANTASTIC. The only two you can really compare are Vertigo and ABOY.

So defensive eh?

Contact between Axver and Danny. :cute:

*feels like a stalker*

:stalker:

Oh yes, I remember that! And you were uploading me and others links. Jesus on Dialup. I thought you had Broadband or something. I must have been dial up as well. I remember going to bed about 5am that morning listening to the album on a mini disc player!

:giggle:

:laugh:

LITTLE DID HE KNOW BONO KEPT LYING FOR YEARS AFTER.

Oh God. :facepalm:

Nowadays, the songs that stick in my mind most positively from HTDAAB are COBL, AMAAW, Crumbs, and OSC. Not that I listen to anything from there regularly.

However, funnily enough, I do play Smile and Native Son on occasion. Two best songs from the era, and neither made the album!

Funnily enough, those are the songs I rate on HTDAAB too... the more laid back, midtempo stuff. I still absolutely LOVE AMAAW, it jumped out at me in a dark alleyway and still has me locked in its basement.

As we all know, I'm not a huge fan of Native Son because it sounds to me somewhat unfinished, but I will agree that Smile is excellent.

Oh yes, I remember that! And you were uploading me and others links. Jesus on Dialup. I thought you had Broadband or something. I must have been dial up as well. I remember going to bed about 5am that morning listening to the album on a mini disc player!

Honestly, I don't remember if HTDAAB came out before or after I got broadband. Maybe it was after; moot point with regards to uploads though, given my upload speeds were barely any faster than dialup until quite recently!

Hai guize, remember shaun vox?

shaun vox said:
LAPOE FUCKING KICKS ARSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Then sooner or later he was whining that U2's rockers were crap.

Funnily enough, those are the songs I rate on HTDAAB too... the more laid back, midtempo stuff. I still absolutely LOVE AMAAW, it jumped out at me in a dark alleyway and still has me locked in its basement.

As we all know, I'm not a huge fan of Native Son because it sounds to me somewhat unfinished, but I will agree that Smile is excellent.

AMAAW copped so much shit when HTDAAB came out, it was insane. But yeah, it's been one of the songs that's actually lingered around for me. Still think the album is staggeringly beneath U2's potential though.

At least Native Son has something to say for itself, unlike Vertigo. I just find Vertigo to be completely empty ... I don't know why I find its music so superior as Native Son, though. That song feels like it has spark.

Back
Top Bottom