Buh Bye Mr. Dan Reeves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is sad when the sixth most winningest coach gets booted from a team because the GM could not support the coach with anything more impressive than Michael Vick.

it is sad when a coach fails to produce any good results with his players and his plays while Vick was out.

at least Arthur had balls of steel to boot him.

mvd: Do you think Dan Reeves just lost it in his old age? [this is non-confrontational....I haven't really followed his coaching in Atlanta/]

There must be a reason here...he won with the Broncos and the Giants. :shrug:

no jeff i don't believe he lost it due to his age at all. his coaching has been questionable since the whole downfall of Vick at preseason. it was weird how the spirits of the team, the fans, the organization all went down the toilets. it is a sad thing going to the games and seeing people wearing paperbags and demanding Reeves to be fired. we had hopes that Doug Johnson and the rest of the Falcons would have pulled their weight while Vick was out but it did not happend. I and many would have thought that Coach Reeves would have stepped up to the plate to at least boost his players morale but it was not really there at all.

I personally have never seen a team and a fan base spirits deflate and implode because one key player is out. Last Sunday nights game was amazing and crazy. the atmosphere at the Dome with the fans and the team was one you would suspect with a team heading for the playoffs or the superbowl. it is something that should have been there all year but wasn't. The rumour mill about Dan's release has been the main talk on sports talk radio, the news stations, and the paper here. many wanted to see him be replaced. I am curious who will take over next season. the coach that took over yesterday is filling in until Arthur Blank finds his main man. you know how sports works, it is business in the end. the bottom line matters. the players were sorry to see him go. it is never nice to see a person lose his/her job, Dan seems to be in good spirits and is not bitter about his release. Our team proved we are nothing without Vick, which is not good at all. but hopefully next season the management and team will change so this does not happend again.

/pretending to know what i am talking about :wink:

Last edited:
Elvis Presley said:
Buh Bye Dan, hang it up old boy, your ship has sailed...

No, seriously, can the Bears have him? Anybody but dopey Dick Jauron. In addition, we also have a defensive coordinator who insists that noone knows defense except him. The fans, media and analysts are too dumb to understand him and his master plan. Dan Reeves, any day.

Back
Top Bottom