Bug repellant! Bug repellant! Rah! Rah! Rah!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martha

Blue Crack Supplier
Orange County and all over the goddamn place
So, being as I'm living in Coastal California, and we don't have all that much of a bug problem, I don't know what's a good bug repellant. I'm heading out to Oklahoma, Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and North and South Dakota. These places tend to have bug issues, and I don't want the blood sucked out of me when I pass through.

What do those of you who live in buggy states use to keep the little shits from biting? Off? That's what I remember using in Omaha.

Whenever my fam goes biking n' fishing trips in Northern Minnesota, dad always brings this stuff in a lil green bottle called Muskol. That's the best stuff I've ever used. :yes: It has like 610 percent DEET in it or something so it kills even the bird sized mosquitos if they get more than 10 feet from you.

The Off Outdoorsman/Sportsman works well too. :up:

kariatari said:
Whenever my fam goes biking n' fishing trips in Northern Minnesota, dad always brings this stuff in a lil green bottle called Muskol. That's the best stuff I've ever used. :yes: It has like 610 percent DEET in it or something so it kills even the bird sized mosquitos if they get more than 10 feet from you.

The Off Outdoorsman/Sportsman works well too. :up:

:up:

I've used Muskol too, with good success.

Those west nile mosquitoes better watch out.

my mom is all against using stuff with deet in it because of it being all toxic or something.

do those citronella candle things work well? we have a wildernessy backyard and i wonder how best to bugproof it, but no deet unless me ma doesn't find out

I've used those citronella things at the cottage and apparently the bugs of Ontario don't really respect it all that much. Yeah, it helps a little, but nowhere near the spray stuff.

DEET is the only thing that really truly always works. Deep Woods Off is the best. Increasing concentrations of DEET don't repel better, they just repel for longer. 30% DEET is usually a good maximum.

what ^ said. i bbq-ed last night and while everyone else was hanging around outside swatting mosquitoes, i was fine.

too bad i left it outside in the rain last night :shifty:

it's in a green aerosol spray can. go to the store and you can't miss it. good stuff :up:

Citronella oil is my favourite. We don't get that many bugs here, but I used to work at a riding stables and you get SO MANY bugs around horses that you're covered in bites by the end of the day if you don't use bug repellent.

Back
Top Bottom