Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-28-2007, 08:05 PM   #16
Refugee

Local Time: 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem

It never helped in the flashback episodes where he was affecting that horrid excuse for an Irish brogue, either.
I'm now experiencing very painful flashbacks of my own. It took me years of therapy to get over how bad that Irish accent was.

Old 10-28-2007, 08:10 PM   #17
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:27 PM
I won't trouble you further by reminding you of the wig he wore in the flashbacks.

Old 10-28-2007, 08:16 PM   #18
Refugee

Oh dear.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:29 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:27 PM
I, too, got hooked on Buffy thanks to Fox reruns. Actually, Mr. Blu & I both got so caught up in it, if we were going to be away from the house during the time the back-to-back episodes would air, we'd make sure to record them so we could come home later & watch our double feature.

Unfortunately, the problem with getting hooked on a show through reruns is that the episodes aren't always shown in chronological order, so it's easy to get lost with the story line(s).

I don't know why I didn't think of it when I was home in September, but that'd have been a great idea: rent all the seasons of Buffy & watch from start to finish. Come to think of it, there's no reason why I couldn't still try to do that. Anyone know if Blockbuster carries those, or would I be better off trying Netflix?
Old 10-28-2007, 09:34 PM   #20
Blue Crack Distributor

I haven't used Blockbuster in years, so I don't know if they'd have all the seasons when you wanted them, in the right order. Go Netflix!
Old 10-28-2007, 10:51 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

<--- Sometimes shows her advanced years & lack of techno savvy.

It's true - I do still occasionally find myself in a Blockbuster but I swear, it's no more than twice every 18 months! :crossesheartswearstodie:
Old 10-28-2007, 10:58 PM   #22
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:27 PM
Former Buffy addict, here.

We were latecomers, too. Caught up on nightly reruns on the Space Network, and started watching in real time in season 6. I dug out my dvds a couple of weeks ago with the intention of having a marathon. Maybe next weekend.

So many great things about this series. Even in the weaker seasons, there were episodes that were absolutely brilliant. It's definitely in my top 5 favourite shows of all time.

Band Candy.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:11 PM   #23
Blue Crack Distributor

Oh man, I love Band Candy!

"Summers, you drive like a spaz!!!"

Old 10-28-2007, 11:28 PM   #24
War Child

I was a huge fan of Buffy back when it was first airing. Amazing set of characters, although it started to get really boring towards the end. The first few seasons were the best.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:30 PM   #25
Blue Crack Distributor

The last season was kind of a mess, with all the potential Slayers (and GOD, did I want that annoying bitch Kennedy OFF MY SCREEN!!!!).

Aside from the season as a whole, I thought they did a really good job wrapping it up. The final episode was really good.

(Poor Anya! *sniff* )
Old 10-28-2007, 11:39 PM   #26
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem

(Poor Anya! *sniff* )
I adored her!
Old 10-28-2007, 11:42 PM   #27
Blue Crack Distributor

Anya: "Oh, is she your orgasm friend?"

Giles: "Yes, that's absolutely the most appalling thing you could have said."

Good times.

And can we please talk about the awesome brilliance of "Restless," the season 4 closer? The dream episode? Oh MAN, that episode gives me goosebumps every time I watch it.

"You think you know... who you are ... what's to come. You haven't even begun."

and ...

"I walk. I talk. I shop. I sneeze. I'm gonna be a fireman when the floods roll back. There's trees in the desert since you moved out, and I don't sleep on a bed of bones. "

and of course, for the lolz, the guy with the cheese slices in everybody's dream!

I also loved the part in Giles' dream where he gets up on stage at the Bronze and starts singing. "I've got to warn Buffy! There's every chance she could be next. ... and Xander try not to bleed on my couch, I've just had it steam cleaned..."
Old 10-29-2007, 03:40 AM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

God, I used to LOVE Buffy, religiously. I started watching it in its second season and at first I found the constant quips and the overall style of the show a bit irritating. But I think what really made me sit back and go 'whoa' was when Angel lost his soul and turned bad. Initially I thought, yeah right surely everything will get a quick fix by the end of the next episode. But not only it wasn't fixed, they actually had the guts to have a formerly good guy brutally murder Jenny Calendar! I remember being blown away by this development and that season's final left me an emotional wreck for a while.

I think the show went off the rails for me somewhere in the fourth season. I loathed Riley and the whole Initiative storyline and Adam as the villain was lame as heck. There were still some good individual episodes but I could never really keep the same interest as before. And I just felt that the show lost something when the characters left school - maybe it was a sense of connection to the real world. I think that what happened to Buffy - and later to Angel as well - is that both shows pretty much disappeared into their own mythologies and lost that "grounded" feel when Buffy was attending school and Angel & co. were just a small detective agency helping people on a small scale.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:17 AM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

About Angel - I agree that David Boreanaz could be embarrassingly wooden at times. But I thought that Angel and Buffy had genuine chemistry that continued to sparkle even in the later crossover episodes. And I always thought that, at his core, Angel was just a big loveable dork,

I'd also like to give some love to the wonderfully creepy, scary and insane Drusilla,
Old 10-29-2007, 11:05 AM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Location: and if you don't know where you're going...any road will take you there..
I was a latecomer...didn't start watching until after the show was off the air. my fiance got me addicted. I caught up on everythng on dvd, and the 5 seasons of Angel too. I'm a softie so I wanted Buffy and Angel to be together. couldn't help myself. an it occured to me that Joss didn't let anyone be happy relationship-wise by the time Buffy ended. Anya died, Tara died, Riley and Angel left, Spike "died" and reemerged on Angel. the last season with the potential slayers was a bit annoying at times. I absolutely couldn't stand Kennedy hitting on Willow. ugh.