Buffy: The Musical

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PopFly

War Child
I can't BELIEVE that nobody has posted about this. Tell me there's another thread somewhere; come on, people!

Anyway, Buffy the Vampire Slayer had an all MUSICAL episode this past Tuesday. It was one of the best things I've ever seen on any television show ever. The songs were all catchy as hell, and helped from the fact that a couple of the cast members have great pipes (not quite Bono-esque; maybe Edge-esque).

Tell me there are some Buffy fans that saw this classic!

------------------
"Good men die unhappily. Bad men die unluckily. THAT's tragedy." --Tom Stoppard

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

I saw it and have to give it a thumbs down...hopefully they'll recover from this, but it looks like Jump the Shark material to me.
Been watching the older episodes on FX and they are so much better than the crap on first run so far this season.

[This message has been edited by Hewson (edited 11-09-2001).]

That was the most horrible ten minutes of television I have ever seen. And I saw "ten mintues" because that was all we could bear; I'd rather watch Home Shopping Club. What was the point of it?

I've never watched an episode of Buffy.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Originally posted by U2Bama:
That was the most horrible ten minutes of television I have ever seen. And I saw "ten mintues" because that was all we could bear; I'd rather watch Home Shopping Club. What was the point of it?

What was the point?! Well, it is Sweeps month, and I won't deny that was a factor. But moreso, the episode was a fun and creative thing to do.

------------------
"Good men die unhappily. Bad men die unluckily. THAT's tragedy." --Tom Stoppard

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

Watched it, taped it, watched it again.

It was a great gimmick episode, much like Hush from season 4. I enjoyed the songs too and especially the little jokes about theatre like Tara doing the jazz hands and Anya's comments about the missing 4th wall.

Plus it tied together all the themes and plots from this season and kind of blew everything apart. This episode is definitely a turning point in the season so far. And the kiss at the end..Ack! Don't know how I feel about that. I adore Spike, but him and Buffy? No!

I don't know about the earlier seasons being better. I think all the seasons are great, but they're all different. I've always been impressed that the characters on the show are allowed to grow up and evolve and the situations around them are always changing. I'm so happy that they haven't been stuck in high school for 6 years fighting the same bad guys, ya know?

buffy needs to beef up and then maybe i'll be able to bear watching her silly show

------------------
but for the grace of love I'd will the meaning of heaven from above...

Originally posted by PopFly:
Anyway, Buffy the Vampire Slayer had an all MUSICAL episode this past Tuesday

Now that's what I call scary!!
rolleyes.gif

------------------
Vorsprung durch Technik

I thought Hush from Season Four was a blinding peice of television..unfortunatly I will have to wait a fair few months to enjoy this episode, sounds fantastic though..and I'm glad the writers are keeping the show fresh

Back
Top Bottom