Bryan Adams vs. Ryan Adams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What's better: "Summer of 69" or Ryan Adams?

• Summer of 69

Votes: 24 46.2%
  • Ryan Adams

Votes: 28 53.8%

• Total voters
Ryan Adams Gold album is one the best albums I've heard.I'd take Firecracker,Answering Bell,When The Stars Go Blue,Sylvia Plath & Sweet Carolina anyday of the week over that Robin Hood theme toon.......

haha, c'mon

Bryan Adams is boring as hell and Ryan Adams is one of the best songwriters of his generation

When "Summer Of '69' was released in 1985 it was more exciting than anything Ryan Adams has ever put out.

No matter how good 4 "cool" people think Ryan is.

Last edited:
no matter how cool you think summer of 69 is,
there's also plenty of people who think bon jovi is the golden ticket. numbers don't mean shit sometimes.

personality aside, ryan adams is an amazing songwriter, musician and artist overall. cold roses, love is hell, 29, heartbreaker
all wonderfully crafted superb albums.

MrBrau1 said:
When "Summer Of '69' was released in 1985 it was more exciting than anything Ryan Adams has ever put out.

No matter how good 4 "cool" people think Ryan is.
true

I love Ryan, would always chose him over Bryan
but Ryan does have songs that are less good than summer of 69

U2Man said:
summer of 69 :rockon:

:hug:

I love Summer of '69 but haven't heard a single Ryan Adams song. :shrug:

This poll is funny. It's like asking "what's better: stairway to heaven or the who?" :huh:

summer of 69 is awesome.

it friggin' rocks.

anyone who has ever been to a party knows what happens when that songs comes on and is played really loud! :dance: :dance: :dance:

not all music has to be serious. party music can be marvellous too :rockon:

U2Man said:
summer of 69 is awesome.

it friggin' rocks.

anyone who has ever been to a party knows what happens when that songs comes on and is played really loud! :dance: :dance: :dance:

:yes: Sure, Bryan Adams has written a whole lot of sappy stuff and some absolutely cringeworthy songs such as the poignant I Wanna Be Your Underwear :wink: but Summer of '69 towers high above all the rest. What a fun nostalgic rocker! :rockon:

I like some of Ryan Adams' stuff, but back in the mid 80's, before he got sappy all the time, Bryan Adams released Reckless, and with the exception of Heaven, it's a great rocking party all the way through.

Ryan Adams. The man has crafted some amazing, beautiful music. :heart:

And no, I'm not just saying that because I'm cool. :wink:

I like "Summer of 69". When it comes on the radio, I don't change the station...I turn it up. But to say that there is NO song that Ryan has come up with that is better than "Summer of 69"? No way in hell. Dude, I'm not just saying that as a diehard Ryanite either. Seriously, if you think "Summer of 69" is better than anything Ryan has done...I'd offer to make you a Ryan mix to try to sway you, but I fear it's probably too late.

Back
Top Bottom