bruuuuuuuuuce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IWasBored

Blue Crack Supplier
9:00pm-10:00pm EST. on CBS. thanks arw for telling me about it

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
60 min.
Music from ?The Rising? alternates with the Boss's classics in this pulsating compilation of performances culled from a 2002 Barcelona concert.
Inspired by Sept. 11, ?The Rising? CD addressed loss and survival in such songs as ?Lonesome Day,? ?You're Missing,? ?Mary's Place? and the title track, all performed here. During ?Mary's Place,? Springsteen climbs atop a piano, dances the twist and bellows ?I drop the needle and pray? to illustrate the despair-defying power of rock. The lights dim as Springsteen sings ?You're Missing,? delivering his grieving lyric in a shell-shocked whisper. Also included are ?Darkness on the Edge of Town? and an engagingly raw ?Dancing in the Dark.?

I really should buy that album sometime.

All I have right now is The Greatest Hits/Best Of album. I LOVE that though.

I have Born in the USA on vinyl... I'm seeing Bruce live on April 13th... gee, I'm getting to see a lot of great concerts. Tunnel of Love was also good, but a little soft for the Boss.

IWasBored said:
can i come with you, cujo?

Well, I don't have an official date yet, so if you're willing to fly up here then sure.

calc exam that day...i hope i don't fail that one as badly as i failed the one today...

cujo said:

Well, I don't have an official date yet, so if you're willing to fly up here then sure.

I know you dont, because I turned you down. You really need to learn that I dont like you that way....

cujo said:
Hey mofo, you can be my wingman anytime...

You got it Iceman.

Just dont ask me to play a lot of shirtless volleyball with you or to listen to "Playin' with the Boys" by Kenny Loggins, that's where I draw the line.

u2popmofo said:

You got it Iceman.

Just dont ask me to play a lot of shirtless volleyball with you or to listen to "Playin' with the Boys" by Kenny Loggins, that's where I draw the line.

That is awesome man... but hey mofo (sniff, sniff) ... you stink.

IWasBored said:
interesting how you guys are keeping this thread bumped

well, like mofo said, I do have this attraction to shirtless volleyball...

i watched it with the sound turned WAY up and it was really cool and my mom taped it for me too

and then on my radio show i played "glory days" (i meant to play "dancing in the dark" but i messed up)--i played a vinly record without messing up! i played van dieman's land the first time i was on the air and you know how it fades into the part where the band's talking (or actually, isn't talking)? i cut that off and aired a big disasterous scratchy sound...but this time it worked! only i cued up the WRONG track...

my mom has become a springsteen fan now. she called me up saying that she's thinking of going to media play tomorrow cos she has this $2 dollars off on a cd coupon, and getting a bruuuuuuuuuce album!

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I was at the bar last night and as my friend and I walked in they were playing Glory Days on the jukebox. :up: That's one of my favorite Bruce songs. :up:

Your entire post sounded quite a bit like the actual lyrics to Glory Days...

Ironic, don't you think? Maybe a little too ironic, yes I really do think...

IWasBored said:
i watched it with the sound turned WAY up and it was really cool and my mom taped it for me too

By any chance..could I get a copy of that? I was moving into my new apartment last night and we don't have reception yet, so I couldn't watch it!

Did anyone else tape it?

u2popmofo said:

Your entire post sounded quite a bit like the actual lyrics to Glory Days...

Ironic, don't you think? Maybe a little too ironic, yes I really do think...

Haha, you're right! :up: Funny thing is, we met in high school so we have lots of memories we go back to every now and again, so...:hmm:

I have yet to watch the special. Too busy today. :)

glad ultraviolet light is here cos i unfortunatly don't have the equipment to make copies of tapes for people :(

my brother was really angry cos he didn't get to watch The Iron Giant which was on at the same time, and while my mom was argueing with him, they missed taping the first half of "the rising" :mad:

but today my mom went to the store and bought the album (the rising) cos all of a sudden she tells me that she's always liked sprinsteen even though she doesn't have any albums...i think she just doesn't like to admit to becoming a fan of some band after just watching a 1 hour tv special.

martha said:
It didn't even come close to capturing what a Springsteen concert is all about, though.

you mean it's even COOLER than that?? cos that looked awesome!

IWasBored said:

you mean it's even COOLER than that?? cos that looked awesome!

Yes, it most definately is. Bruce just has that "something" that causes his live shows to be great. Much like U2. Video does not do it justice, it must be experienced to fully understand and appreciate it.

If you dont have The Rising go out and get it. Excellent album, I lost a little interest in Bruce in the early 90's but I think The Rising is up there with some of his best work and it really renewed my interest in him again.

Back
Top Bottom