Bruce Willis Loses It

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sami0201

Blue Crack Addict
:yikes: :lmao:

Willis Is Mad As Hell...

Bruce Willis loses it at the "16 Blocks" junket. Plus, "Brick" and casting news

Feb. 24, 2006
Perhaps it's his age or maybe it was the two-and-a-half feet of snow that blanketed Manhattan the night before, but Bruce Willis pretty much defined the term "loose cannon" when appearing before the press to discuss his new movie "16 Blocks" a few weeks ago. Warner Bros. had to be a tad disheartened that he didn't spend much time talking about his fine performance in Richard Donner's new thriller. Instead, Willis had a ball discussing a number of other topics, such as politics. Willis has identified himself as a Republican in the past, and before a journalist could even ask for his opinion on recent current events, the star interrupted him to set something straight.

"I'm sick of answering this [expletive] question," he says. "I'm a Republican only as far as I want a smaller government, I want less government intrusion. I want them to stop [expletive] on my money and your money and tax dollars that we give 50 percent of... every year. I want them to be fiscally responsible and I want these [expletive] lobbyists out of Washington. Do that and I'll say I'm a Republican... I hate the government, OK? I'm a-political. Write that down. I'm not a Republican."

Willis was so riled up that given more time he might have actually announced his candidacy for something (there's always next time). And yet, Willis wasn't done! Entertainment Weekly just listed "Die Hard 4" as one of the top movies the magazine never wants to see made. Talk about setting someone off...

"Entertainment Weekly hates me. They've hated me since they've been a magazine," Willis says. "[Expletive] them, and you can go and tell them that. Why does anybody hate anybody? Y'know, because they have some beef. Who cares?"

The next thing we know, Willis has segued into a rant about disgraced author James Frey and the dress-down Oprah Winfrey recently gave him on her TV show.

"[To have Frye be] sucker punched on Oprah by one of the most powerful women in television just to grind [her] own ax," Willis says visibly frustrated. "Oprah, you had President Clinton on your show, and if this [expletive] didn't lie about a couple of things, I'm going to set myself on fire right now. James Frey's a writer, he can write whatever he wants. It's shameful how he was treated."

Willis then smartly frames Frey's dilemma in the context of the paparazzi-filled world he deals with every day.

"Have you heard of these magazines called In Touch or Us Weekly or People or any of these types of magazines?" he asks. "They lie about people, and they just make up [expletive] all week long, and you have to sue them to get it changed. I mean, this is the world we live in. They're all [full of] lies, and nobody's yelling at them, so let's leave James Frey alone."

And just in case no one could figure it out, Willis states the obvious. "I'm pissed off today."

After 30 minutes or so of Willis' blunt rants, the Hitlist was left with one indelible image: Willis' longtime publicist, Paul Bloch, covering his face with his hands in disbelief. Bloch was most likely thinking "I pray that they don't print this stuff." Ah, too late...

We're all entitled to our good AND our bad days. It's just too bad he missed out on about 30 mins when he could have been gloating about his new film. I'm sure he got an earful from his publicist. :|

Nah, he's still getting the same publicity, and the article mentions the movie, so there you go. :wink:

I agree with him completely about the whole James Frey thing.

sami0201 said:

After 30 minutes or so of Willis' blunt rants, the Hitlist was left with one indelible image: Willis' longtime publicist, Paul Bloch, covering his face with his hands in disbelief. Bloch was most likely thinking "I pray that they don't print this stuff." Ah, too late...

Poor Paul! That's a real nightmare. Most days all he has to worry about is Tom Cruise and now Bruce. :|

Back
Top Bottom