Bruce Springsteen concert on MTV!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Popmartijn

Blue Crack Supplier
Hello,

Yesterday, when I came back from work I did some channel surfing and I saw a Bruce Springsteen video on MTV. Not accustomed to MTV playing Bruce (a live version of Fire) I was even more surprised that it was followed by another Bruce vid. Checking the programming schedule I saw that it was some sort of a Bruce Springsteen night with a concert on 21:00. At first I thought they were re-running the Plugged concert, but I soon found out that they were going to show him live from Barcelona.
TOO COOL!!!

I am going to see him coming Tuesday, but I did not want to miss this one as a warming up. And boy, the concert (or at least the broadcasted part) was hot!

The Rising
Lonesome Day
Prove It All Night
Darkness On The Edge Of Town
Empty Sky (acoustic and almost Bruce solo)
You're Missing
Waiting On A Sunny Day (acoustic and a big party)
The Promised Land
World's Apart
Badlands
She's The One
Mary's Place
Dancing In The Dark

At the beginning of Mary's Place he really got the arena quiet (almost whispering the first verse) and it was a big party in general. I thought Prove It All Night was dragging a bit, but Badlands was superb (the crowd was totally into it and it looked like Bruce didn't want to stop).
It was great to see Bruce up-close and interacting with the crowd. Unfortunately, I didn't record it (WHY??? :scream:) or have pictures of it, but there are again great stills for the 'Funny Bruce Faces' collection. It was something I wouldn't have expected from MTV (also, no commercials!).

C ya!

Marty

Back
Top Bottom