Bruce Springsteen Appreciation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

I'm Ready

War Child
Recently Rediscovered how awesome his songs are after going a couple of months without listening

i"m tired of all these "appreciation threads" but nevertheless... Bruce= :dancing: :dance: :dance::applaud: :up: :yes: :yes: :drool::dance:dance:

Last edited:
yea..it took me a long, long time to get into bruce but now im hooked,
for anyone who only knows dancing in the dark and born in the usa should really give him a second chance and go listen to his early begininngs and be blown away.:love:
great music & great lyrics:up: and even betetr live
i could go on and on but i wouldnt be able to stop

i love all of the wild the innocent and the e street shuffle- check it out

i still owe none other than interference's own mr. headache in a suitcase for helping me get into the music of springsteen.

in the last couple years i've acquired all the studio albums (except for human touch), the 75-85 set, and tracks.

i've never seen bruce with the e street band live, but i think the devils & dust tour show in boston last may qualifies as one of the best shows i've ever been to.

it's a toss up between bruce and the clash for the answer to "who is my favorite band".

:up:

HE'S BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN. HIS NAME IS A SYNONYM FOR FUCKING AWESOME. THIS THREAD IS ENTIRELY REDUNDANT.

Tracks is quite a nice collection, especially the first disc since I enjoy his 70's stuff the best.

It's quite mind blowing to think he's about 56 years and is still putting out great records regardless of the time period in which he wasn't all there [coughcoughhumantouchcoughcoughluckytowncough].
Wish he would come down to san diego for the devils&dust tour.

Anyone else planning to buy the Storytellers dvd coming out this month?
I'm such a sucker for very very few artists that I actually bother buying real cds/records/dvds and he had to be one of them:angry:

IT has been re-edited thank god!

Total running time is 115 minutes, which breaks down like this:

Show Introduction (1:18)
Devils & Dust - The Song (4:52)
Devils & Dust - The Story (6:30)
Blinded by the Light - Introduction (1:48)
Blinded by the Light - The Song (5:18)
Blinded by the Light - The Story (6:57)
Brilliant Disguise - Introduction (5:46)
Brilliant Disguise - The Song (4:25)
Nebraska - The Song (4:51)
Nebraska - The Story (5:09)
Jesus Was an Only Son - The Song (4:51)
Jesus Was an Only Son - The Story (7:09)
Waitin' on a Sunny Day - Introduction :)32)
Waitin' on a Sunny Day - The Song (4:51)
Waitin' on a Sunny Day - The Story (2:27)
The Rising - The Song (5:13)
The Rising - The Story (8:34)
Thunder Road - The Song (6:28)
Thunder Road - The Story (9:50)
Credits (2:18)
Bonus: Q&A session with fans (15.47)

^Excellent. The Thunder Road performence was superb. Jesus Was An Only Son is my least fave from D&D, so I may still find myself skipping that one sadly!

I only have a 3Cd compilation but I really like it. I think I will start getting his albums.

The Rising is my favourite Bruce song :heart: I also like Lonesome Day and Waitin on a sunny day a lot

I saw him on The Rising tour, but at that point I only knew his really famous songs. I now have most of his albums, and looking back on the setlist from the show I was at depresses me, as I heard some great songs that I didn't know at the time (Adam Raised a Cain, Prove it All Night, Out in the Street, Land of Hope and Dreams etc...). Luckily, I was able to see him again on the Devils and Dust tour, which was one of the coolest concerts I've ever seen. I can't wait for him to tour with the E-Street Band again.

i love "you're missing" off "the rising". heck, i love that entire cd so much.

was anyone at the Colloseum?!?! (sp?) I've heard soooo many things about that legendary concert.

Back
Top Bottom