Broomrape Lane, Lake Havasu City, Arizona Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't really say what made me a casual fan. I guess because I grew up with their music as a constant presence. Same goes for bands like REM and Crowded House. As early as 1999, I knew one goal of mine was to see U2 live. But then when I heard Gone on the Best Of, 11OTT on the UABRS video, and Bad on RAH, I was completely blown away. Gone convinced me that I needed to own everything U2 had released, and 11OTT and Bad convinced me that I needed everything full stop, bootlegs and all.
yeah, that's how i was. i've been a casual fan of U2 for as long as i can remember, thanks to my aunt. same goes with inxs. the four tapes i played most once i got older were ab, zooropa, kick, and x. (when i was younger i overplayed wham's make it big* and madonna's like a virgin, but whatevs.) circa 96 i bought U2's albums, though i didn't know passengers existed until the internet. then i bought that in 97, after pop.

so i guess you could say zoo station made me a hardcore fan, since it's the first track of ab. i dunno. i do know when i was a kid my two favourite tracks off ab were zoo station and the fly.

She hasn't a single 100 post performance on the stats spreadsheet. But Khan needs to update that to account for recent ones. And so that I can make the various stats lists that will go with the Superthread Purity Test.

Anyway, onto JT now?
i can as soon as i go on my other comp :tsk:

and i already said my preference :tongue:

Time to Joshua Tree it up. I've got the remaster ready to go. You lot set?

gI'll embaress my self befoer Chass does. I didn't get TJT til the remaster came out, so for the longest time I thought Streets was as long as the single version is :reject:

yeah, that's how i was. i've been a casual fan of U2 for as long as i can remember, thanks to my aunt. same goes with inxs. the four tapes i played most once i got older were ab, zooropa, kick, and x. (when i was younger i overplayed wham's make it big* and madonna's like a virgin, but whatevs.) circa 96 i bought U2's albums, though i didn't know passengers existed until the internet. then i bought that in 97, after pop.

so i guess you could say zoo station made me a hardcore fan, since it's the first track of ab. i dunno. i do know when i was a kid my two favourite tracks off ab were zoo station and the fly.

I've mostly my uncle to blame, the guy who owns 30 copies of the OTH single and saw every Kiwi Lovetown show and so forth. But my whole family love U2. Hell, everybody did. I was surprised when I came online and found there are people who dislike U2 with a raging passion, since they'd always been "that legendary band everybody likes" to me.

:sad: My U2 story began with the 'All I Want Is You' video, and me thinking to myself, "who the fuck just died???" After making it my aim in life to work the fucking clip out, I spent weeks watching it on Video Hits and one day I sid to myself "Self, this song is simply awesome. Love this band like they are your family. Join a cult, belong". I got the album on cassette tape and learned who they all were. The goodlooking one played drums, the weird looking navajo played guitar, the hairy one played bass and the short one was the singer.

Fine. I know none of you wanted to know all this, but you got it anyway.
:grumpy:

:sad: My U2 story began with the 'All I Want Is You' video, and me thinking to myself, "who the fuck just died???" After making it my aim in life to work the fucking clip out, I spent weeks watching it on Video Hits and one day I sid to myself "Self, this song is simply awesome. Love this band like they are your family. Join a cult, belong". I got the album on cassette tape and learned who they all were. The goodlooking one played drums, the weird looking navajo played guitar, the hairy one played bass and the short one was the singer.

Fine. I know none of you wanted to know all this, but you got it anyway.
:grumpy:
:lol: i love your descriptions! :D

oops, never did the second part of this. i will now.

*i was so obsessed with this album i went through i think at least three copies of this. yeah, i liked it that much, i kept wearing the tape out.

This is possibly worse than my three musical confessions combined. :lol:

To put that into perspective, I got into U2 when I was 13, and I got TJT when I was 20 OVER SEVEN YEAR S LATER! I phail
:tsk: i did wif U2 what i do with every band: bought the albums in order.

luckily, i had a list of all their albums thanks to a blurb in a book. it was printed in 95, so it said they were working on "an album of mostly instrumentals (which became passengers obvs) and a rock-and-roll album (which...so did not become pop)"

Anna, that's a lovely story :p

And I am just now realizing how quickly I must've gotten into U2 (sucks having OCD btw, just putting that out there.) Cause I know I was obsessed by the time the Walk On Video came out, and that obesssion didn't REALLY die down til after I saw them live twice.

:tsk: i did wif U2 what i do with every band: bought the albums in order.

luckily, i had a list of all their albums thanks to a blurb in a book. it was printed in 95, so it said they were working on "an album of mostly instrumentals (which became passengers obvs) and a rock-and-roll album (which...so did not become pop)"

I wish I had done that with U2. I'm pretty sure it wnet something like ATYCLB, Best o80-00, Achtung Baby, 90-80, War, TUF, Pop, Zoorpa, Boy, TJT October

wf is missing from this list ause I know that's not enough.

I feel Bono over-does some of the verses in ISHFWILF. If he'd tone back the delivery and not force the emotion, I think it'd be better. More like the choruses, which seem to be delivered more effortlessly.

Just skip a chunk of I Still Haven't Found A Short Title Because I'm A Rambly Irish Git to catch up.
i loved ishywilf (that's how i pronounce the title, suck it) when i was a kid. i thought the video was hilarious.

fun fact: when i was younger, i didn't know who was who, really. i thought adam was some random drunk they kept showing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom