Broomrape Lane, Lake Havasu City, Arizona Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I have no preference on JT or Zooropa. I recently listened to most of Zooropa as part of Traviud's Zoopassenropa mixed album, and I've played my own custom JT a few times lately.

And not to sound up myself or anything, but I love my custom tracklist and prefer it to the original.

1. Streets
2. ISHFWILF
3. WOWY
4. Luminous Times
5. Spanish Eyes
6. In God's Country
7. Bullet
8. RTSS
9. RHMT
10. One Tree Hill
11. Exit
12. MOTD

For me, it's ASOH that reminds me why I love U2 and still bother with U2gigs.com and stuff like that. Just the opening notes and the first verse ... yeah, I'm a fan again.

It's just simply a stunningly gorgeous album. End of story. There's nothing to discuss, nothing to rank.. A lovely listen.

It's just simply a stunningly gorgeous album. End of story. There's nothing to discuss, nothing to rank.. A lovely listen.

I've drifted really far away from a lot of U2's stuff over the years and wouldn't rank them in my top three bands or anything now, but UF remains my favourite album by anyone. Songs like ASOH, Wire, UF, Promenade, Bad, and Indian Summer Sky are stunningly good, and then all the awesome b-sides from that era just make it even better.

Just put Alex Descends on to pass the time until we get going (I suggest starting with JT), and FUCK THIS IS SUCH A GOOD SONG.

We need the rest of the music Bono and Edge came up with for Clockwork Orange, damnit!

what's really sad is...i can't even tell you what song of theirs made me into a U2 fan. i just remember liking them. i bought achtung and zooropa on tape when they came out, and a few years later bought everything on cd. i couldn't pinpoint one song or even one album that made me become a fan. :reject:

Just put Alex Descends on to pass the time until we get going (I suggest starting with JT), and FUCK THIS IS SUCH A GOOD SONG.

We need the rest of the music Bono and Edge came up with for Clockwork Orange, damnit!
i'm listening to mofo from the mtv europe music awards :D

wtf, how did i press submit? anyway, now it seems like the now playing tread :giggle:

I vote Zoo AND tjt :love:

and yes angela, i m aybe a bit tsipsy

it's definitely your colour. :sexywink:

i wanna join in with youse all on your zooropa listening but there's futurama on in the background and someone will cause me to have to leave the comp alone before too long.
:angry:

Hey Chass, if I'm not grossly mistaken, it looks like you're on target to hit 100 posts in a single Superthread for the first time.

I'm probably going to be ousted with this admission, but when I heard Beautiful Day I just fucken knew this was music for me. The Best of 1990-2000 sealed the deal for me. At the time I didn't even know how big U2 were.

I
ll tell you what made me a fan, and I dont care how embaressing it is, since I've admitted it before, I fucking hated beatufiul day, but I coudlnt' figure out why everyone was making such a big eadl about it, saying U2 was back,since I'd never even heard of them before, so Iwaited for the next single, cause I just NEEDED to udnerstand, plus I checked out their previous work online, though I'd never really heard of sanything. Well I can't remember what the second single was, either Stuck or Walk On, but whatever tat song was sucked me in, and i immediatley bought atycab, adn then the Best of 8090 and never looked back. I taped the video to Walk On and played it ove rand over again until I transcribed the lyrics on a little piece of paper that I kepti in my pocket and memorized ( until this day it was the only U2 song I knew EVERY line too, though now I don't even knwo everline to it, withou music) For this reason I can never HATE HATE atycab, no matter how much I realize they have made better music.

Sorry for the ytpos peeps.

what's really sad is...i can't even tell you what song of theirs made me into a U2 fan. i just remember liking them. i bought achtung and zooropa on tape when they came out, and a few years later bought everything on cd. i couldn't pinpoint one song or even one album that made me become a fan. :reject:

I can't really say what made me a casual fan. I guess because I grew up with their music as a constant presence. Same goes for bands like REM and Crowded House. As early as 1999, I knew one goal of mine was to see U2 live. But then when I heard Gone on the Best Of, 11OTT on the UABRS video, and Bad on RAH, I was completely blown away. Gone convinced me that I needed to own everything U2 had released, and 11OTT and Bad convinced me that I needed everything full stop, bootlegs and all.

I
ll tell you what made me a fan, and I dont care how embaressing it is, since I've admitted it before, I fucking hated beatufiul day, but I coudlnt' figure out why everyone was making such a big eadl about it, saying U2 was back,since I'd never even heard of them before, so Iwaited for the next single, cause I just NEEDED to udnerstand, plus I checked out their previous work online, though I'd never really heard of sanything. Well I can't remember what the second single was, either Stuck or Walk On, but whatever tat song was sucked me in, and i immediatley bought atycab, adn then the Best of 8090 and never looked back. I taped the video to Walk On and played it ove rand over again until I transcribed the lyrics on a little piece of paper that I kepti in my pocket and memorized ( until this day it was the only U2 song I knew EVERY line too, though now I don't even knwo everline to it, withou music) For this reason I can never HATE HATE atycab, no matter how much I realize they have made better music.

Sorry for the ytpos peeps.
it was stuck :sad:

I refuse to believe that.

She hasn't a single 100 post performance on the stats spreadsheet. But Khan needs to update that to account for recent ones. And so that I can make the various stats lists that will go with the Superthread Purity Test.

Anyway, onto JT now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom