Broomrape Lane, Lake Havasu City, Arizona Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Miami is my least favourite song on the album, but I'm definitely fond of it. So much better live it isn't funny. The segue (well, really it was a wicked cut) into Bullet is something else.

God yes, Miami --> Bullet is one of the band's best segues. Though I also liked the sudden transition from Bad/Dirty Day into Bullet on ZooTV, just with the way the song absolutely exploded out of whatever snippet Bono was doing or "love, it won't last kissing time".

But for the first time, I feeeeel ...
*KA-BOOOM!*

ugh...playboy mansion. now these lyrics are lame. and incredibly dated now. michael jackson? big mac? wtf!

Yeah, agreed. This song needed much more work lyrically, because it's not totally worthless musically. Honestly, though, I think it would have been better as a b-side and NASOTR should have been on the album. After all, NASOTR has fantastic lyrics.

God yes, Miami --> Bullet is one of the band's best segues. Though I also liked the sudden transition from Bad/Dirty Day into Bullet on ZooTV, just with the way the song absolutely exploded out of whatever snippet Bono was doing or "love, it won't last kissing time".

But for the first time, I feeeeel ...
*KA-BOOOM!*

The first time I heard Bad/The First Time -> Bullet I nearly shit my pants. Oh, for those types of performances again.

god, i don't know what i hate more. the first verse, or the second where he's like rapping or whatever :yuck:

the only part redeeming it is "then there will be no time for sorrow..."

Yeah, agreed. This song needed much more work lyrically, because it's not totally worthless musically. Honestly, though, I think it would have been better as a b-side and NASOTR should have been on the album. After all, NASOTR has fantastic lyrics.
:yes: when i got that single, i was blown away with nasotr.

Then will there be no time for sorrow
Then will there be no time for shame
And though I can't say why
I know I've got to believe

I like that part :)

Yeah, if they'd run with that for more of the song, it wouldn't suck so much lyrically.

And now Velvet Dress. I love this song. U2 have never done anything else quite like this, though I do prefer the Jools Holland version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom