Broomrape Lane, Lake Havasu City, Arizona Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i've never bought a shrit, what are they like?

Itchy?

my friend got me a "Jack Bauer for President' shirt for my 19th birthday, and I loved it todeath, but everytime I wear it it makes me all itchy, this is even after repeate washings so SOMETHING in it must be doing it

FUCK YEAH PEOPLE, GONE.

This song is why I'm here, truly. I heard it on the Best Of and went from casual fan to serious fanatic straight away. Then I watched UABRS and RAH and saw 11OTT and Bad on them and that sealed the deal and I haven't looked back.

Best song on Pop, EASILY.

I wish I knew why the Best Of version gets so heavily crapped on. It's FUCKING AMAZING and it's paired with UTEOTW, which is excellent tracklisting.

i wonder what's better: pop the album, or pop live? like, all the songs live and in order of the album? if only they'd play the album live like some bands have done as of late, it'd rock cuz everything would be cohesive, not jarring.

I still think the Best Of version of Gone is better, incidentally. The wailing guitar is even more intense on that version, and it's my favourite aspect of the song. Plus, the following lyric is phrased better on the Best Of: "then you discover what you thought was freedom just was greed". One of my favourite U2 lyrics.

i wonder what's better: pop the album, or pop live? like, all the songs live and in order of the album? if only they'd play the album live like some bands have done as of late, it'd rock cuz everything would be cohesive, not jarring.

Mofo --> IGWSHA would still bring the jarring suckiness.

As for the individual songs, though, Pop slayed live. Prime example starting right now: Miami. Shithouse studio, but a fucking beast live.

God, I hate the synths or whatever that is at the start.

Gone :rockon: but this is pretty much the end of my absolute adoration of this labum but two more tracks

I've listened to a tracklist of live Pop, and it was just alright. I prefer some of the studio versions.

Also, Miami! :hyper: (shut up people, I like this song)

2:08 or so is where studio Miami starts to get into the realm of "tolerable".

And ... what about my photos, Ashley?

Mofo --> IGWSHA would still bring the jarring suckiness.

As for the individual songs, though, Pop slayed live. Prime example starting right now: Miami. Shithouse studio, but a fucking beast live.

God, I hate the synths or whatever that is at the start.
:mad: miami is great in the studio live. :sad:

yeah it would be, but i'd want everything played in order cuz that's how i roll. they should so totally do that. 11 nights (or 12 if they did it when the new album comes out), 11/12 albums. every album, every song, in order.

Damn, and around 3:10 or so, Miami goes crap again.

said maybe
said i wanna have yoooooour baby
baby
baby
we could make something beautiful
something that wouldn't be a problem
we could make something beautiful
at least not in miami

you know some places are your auntie
but there's no place like...
MIAMIIIIII MY MAMMY!!!! :combust:

Springsteen played Darkeness on the Edge of Town and BTR live a couple of motns ago...I hear it ownd, bu I keep forgetting do download the bootleg to fid out

Some places are like your aunty

SERIOUSLY WHAT THE FUCK.

"Heavy as a truck" has NOTHING on that.

*bass*

I bought two new suits, Miami
Pink and blue, Miami
I took a picture of you, my mammy
Getting hot in a photobooth, Miami
I said you looked like a madonna
I said maybe...
I said I wanna have your baby, baby
Baby...