Broomrape Lane, Lake Havasu City, Arizona Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, i like DYFL drunk, whodaythunkit
First time I listened to it drunk, I decided then and there that I wanted to have sex with Adam Clayton.

I swear "looking for a sound that's going to drown out the world" actually sounds like "looking for a sound that's going to drown out a mirror".
Gah, you could've told me that before I made my video! :tongue:

Also, the temperature of tap water is directly proportionate to the outside temperature. In the winter it's so cold that I turn the hot on a little to take the chill out of it when I brush my teeth. In the summer it's closer to room temperature (or warmer?) and it makes me sad to drink it.

Also I freaking love IGWSHA.

I'm always never quite sure what to make of IGWSHA. Some of its lyrics are absolute quality, while others are clunky and forced. I like the guitar. Some of the synths are unnecessary.
i like the song. the only songs i could say i don't care for even a little on pop are playboy mansion. i'd probably rank igwsha lower if i were to rank the songs individually but that's only cuz something has to come last.

now sats i love, but to me some of the lyrics in that song seem trite.

I miss the isngle version of IGWHA. I used to have it but it's gone now :(

Still onmy second favorite track onthe album, whih isn't difficult for it since I only voluntarily listen to two tracks on this album anyways

this does not surprise me :hmm:

But Ax your predebate prep is AMAZING :lmao:

:lol:

Since I was the third speaker, i.e. at least two thirds of my speech was rebuttal, I always found it helpful to get myself amped up. So I would bring my discman and listen to Mofo live. I also liked to pace around while I created an intro and a conclusion in my head (that was the only part of the speech I planned; everything else I did off the top of my head as I spoke), and desks got in the way, so my simple solution was simply to hop on them and walk around on them!

The rest of my team were happy to deal with my quirks since I wasn't bad at third speaker and I had enough of a reputation that other teams were scared of me! :laugh:

Ok what I said above isn't exactly right, I do also love Playboy Mansion, LNOE, SATS & Gone But seriously my rankings are like

Please
IGWSHA

Gone/SATS/LNOE
Playboy Maniosn

the rest

I'm not entirely sold on studio SATS, though it kills that awful one on the Best Of.

I think the definitive version is the electric live version. Sure, they had trouble with it, but when they held it together, it was fantastic - mainly because I love the sound Edge got out of his guitar.

my rankings. i think:
discotheque
mofo
last night on earth
if you wear that velvet dress
please
miami
do you feel loved
staring at the sun
gone
wake up dead man
if god will send his angels
the playboy mansion

and i don't even agree with that. but some stuff has to get ranked lower. it'd be stupid to have like, eight songs tied for #3.

now sats i love, but to me some of the lyrics in that song seem trite.

Yeah, but come on, Bono worked in "intransigence". That's worth a point or two in my books. He probably doesn't even know what that means any more these days ...

I'll admit i hated it at first too, but then I started to realy think about it and it grew on me

yes!!! lnoe!!!!!!!
dancer.gif
dancing.gif
dance.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom