Broomrape Lane, Lake Havasu City, Arizona Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Discotheque has some cool guitar, but it really is one of my least favourite songs on the album. Mainly because I think the vocal take is kind of crappy, and they never really nailed the song until they got to Popmart. Popmart got the intro right, and Edge's guitar at the end went up another notch entirely.

Hurrah, now onto DYFL.

Hey Yahweh? DYFL is what you sounded like when you were a good song.

I like DIscotheque cause it was my friends and I's song during high school, even though they didn't listen to U2. It and Hawkmoon. We used to randomly walk up to each other and make up random reasons as to why we needed each other's love, Hawkmoon style

One of these included Like and iPod needs iTunes, and like a fat guy needs food, I need your love

With my fingers as you want them
With my nails under your hide
With my teeth at your back
And my tongue to tell you the sweetest lies

Do you feel loved?
Do you feel looooved?
Do you feel loved?

:combust:

You live on E street :wink:

And not everything has to have atmosphere, Ashley! You just don't like Pop because your favourite person Brian Eno wasn't involved.

At least Daniel Lanois wasn't involved. And Eno has to take responsibility for the fuck-up that is ATYCLB.

I guess I'm happy with room temperature water because

a) I live in New Zealand and room temperature is lower
b) No easy ways to refill with cold water when at school or uni

Your first point is quite true. I have never had a problem with room temperature water in New Zealand, and I was actually quite happily drinking room temperature water last night. But in Queensland, or for half the year in Melbourne, it must be chilled.

The water fountains at uni tend to be somewhat chilled, so I can get at least coldish water there. At high school, I took two drink bottles, both with a third frozen as ice overnight and wrapped in tea towels to hold in the cold. Lasted all day except on the most stinking hot Queensland days.

fuck yes! moooooooooofooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dancer.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom