Broomrape Lane, Lake Havasu City, Arizona Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to stick around and have a listening party, since that's one of the album's we've yet to listen through together, but I've got to suffer through take my little brother to see the Mummy

Well, we'll have us a listening party later.

So far, I'm noticing the most new stuff on If God Will Send His Angels.

The beginning sounded really cool and binaural. I can hear more random Edge backing, and some random acoustic guitar waaaaaay in the background.

I'm sure Ax is sleeping off his.. drunkfest.

Not that I really needed to sleep off anything. I feel pretty good. Not a hint of a hangover. And I drank a whole bottle of wine in three hours.

So, tell me, what's the significance of the carrot stick in Wake Up Dead Man?

I'd love to know what you're referring to here.

And are you able to hear Van Diemen's Land hidden deep in the mix?

It'll be more alive when the Aussikiwis get here.

Now I'm here, and where is everyone? :tsk:

(And Aussikiwi? I used to refer to myself as Kiwozian ... but it never caught on and I didn't like it anyway.)

G'day to you as well, Axver! :wave:

Yes, yes it is. Hasn't moved much since we left, apparently. Though I sort of disappeared, but yeah.
How are you doing today?

G'day to you as well, Axver! :wave:

Yes, yes it is. Hasn't moved much since we left, apparently. Though I sort of disappeared, but yeah.
How are you doing today?

I see Chass is ostensibly viewing the thread. She needs to click refresh or something. :tsk:

And yeah, I'm not bad. A little tired since my last couple of hours of sleep were a bit restless, but happily not hungover. :up:

Yourself?

I see Chass is ostensibly viewing the thread. She needs to click refresh or something. :tsk:

And yeah, I'm not bad. A little tired since my last couple of hours of sleep were a bit restless, but happily not hungover. :up:

Yourself?
Yes she does.

Sorry to hear that. :down: I hate restless sleep. Glad that you're not hungover though!

I've been better. My day was pretty good except a little while ago I ate some M&Ms and I suppose that was a wee bit too much sugar for me to handle. :( So I feel kind of off.

Yes she does.

Sorry to hear that. :down: I hate restless sleep. Glad that you're not hungover though!

I've been better. My day was pretty good except a little while ago I ate some M&Ms and I suppose that was a wee bit too much sugar for me to handle. :( So I feel kind of off.

And everybody else needs to, you know, stop having lives and silly things like that.

I can't believe I've avoided a hangover, heh. Genetic freakiness for the win?

Aww, that's pretty crap. See, I don't react to sugar either ... never had a sugar high in my life despite enjoying things loaded with it.

And everybody else needs to, you know, stop having lives and silly things like that.

I can't believe I've avoided a hangover, heh. Genetic freakiness for the win?

Aww, that's pretty crap. See, I don't react to sugar either ... never had a sugar high in my life despite enjoying things loaded with it.
Having lives is made of pure lame.

Haha, I've done much weirder! There was the time I drank all my schnapps and hit the tequila and didn't get a hangover. :D

Well, sugar problems run in my dad's side of the family. I can have typical amounts of sugar but if I overdo it in the least I wind up paying for it for a couple hours. :sad:

Having lives is made of pure lame.

Haha, I've done much weirder! There was the time I drank all my schnapps and hit the tequila and didn't get a hangover. :D

Well, sugar problems run in my dad's side of the family. I can have typical amounts of sugar but if I overdo it in the least I wind up paying for it for a couple hours. :sad:

Who'd want to go out and have fun when they could be tied to their computer? :tsk:

Genetic freakiness certainly for the win then.

Oh, now that's lame. See, here, red cordial (a juice-like thing) is well known for sending people absolutely hyper due to its sugar content. And at my high school, the Home Ec department would sell ice cups at lunchtime made of various cordials. The red cordial one was AMAZING. And everybody who had one seemed to be just that bit more hyper in classes after lunch ... except me. Even the time when I had three one lunch hour.

:lol: Oops, I left this open while trying out that game Ashley wanted me to download for her.

And the carrot stick is about at 21 seconds into the song

Bono: "I'm alooone in this wooorld"
Some voice: "Carrot stick."

And then you hear it AGAIN later in the song.

*relistening now*

I can sorta hear what's supposed to be Van Diemen's Land, but I can't really hear it clearly enough that I'd be able to recognize it as anything without knowing beforehand what it was supposed to be... if that makes sense.

Who'd want to go out and have fun when they could be tied to their computer? :tsk:

Genetic freakiness certainly for the win then.

Oh, now that's lame. See, here, red cordial (a juice-like thing) is well known for sending people absolutely hyper due to its sugar content. And at my high school, the Home Ec department would sell ice cups at lunchtime made of various cordials. The red cordial one was AMAZING. And everybody who had one seemed to be just that bit more hyper in classes after lunch ... except me. Even the time when I had three one lunch hour.
Computers and Superthread for the SuperWin. :up:

:hi5:

Yeah it's like, I can have candy (not too much) or a can of regular soda (7UP because I'm not allowed to have caffeine.) in a day's time and still be OK, so sweets aren't too much of an issue unless I take in a bit more than that.
That cordial would probably send me into one of these misery spells if I had one. My 16th birthday cake did it to me because it had too much sugar in it. It was so sweet that it made me sweat as I ate it.
I don't typically (or never did) get on sugar highs. It never affected me.

:lol: Oops, I left this open while trying out that game Ashley wanted me to download for her.

What weak Superthread dedication ... :tsk: :wink:

And the carrot stick is about at 21 seconds into the song

Bono: "I'm alooone in this wooorld"

And then you hear it AGAIN later in the song.

*relistening now*

I can sorta hear what's supposed to be Van Diemen's Land, but I can't really hear it clearly enough that I'd be able to recognize it as anything without knowing beforehand what it was supposed to be... if that makes sense.

Okay, again at 1:23

Bono: "But maybe your hands aren't freee"

:laugh:

:lmao: Wow, I had never noticed that, and my good headphones are broken so I'm listening to things on speakers or lame iPod earbuds until I choose a new pair. As for VDL, I can clearly hear "hold me now", but the rest I find to be borderline indistinguishable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom