Broomrape Lane, Lake Havasu City, Arizona Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That weirdo, non-carbonated "squiash" is my favourite thing to drink. :p
Never tried it mixed with Sprite, though. :hmm: This will have to be tested.
:down: Carrots, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, all ew.

Actually, I enjoyed that weirdo, non-carbonated "squash" when I was in the US, and confused the shit out of Kate when I asked for "lemonade" because she never knew to which I was referring. But IT'S NOT LEMONADE. Lemonade is fizzy! It's Sprite! Damn Americans, fucking up words for the rest of us. See: earlier discussion on jelly and jam.

I used to LOVE kumara, and it's still good when used for chips, but I've largely gone off it in a big way. And carrot and pumpkin can simply burn. Along these lines, you know what's feral? MANGO! :barf:

I was just wondering what Ax has been drinking? :) damn, it's almost 4am over there?

I just drank an entire bottle of cabernet merlot from Victoria; Windy Peak specifically, of the 2006 vintage. Fairly unremarkable; it has some hints of fruit, but not that strongly and it takes a while for the flavours to reveal themselves. It lasts in the mouth a bit, but perhaps more due to the alcohol than its own qualities. I wish it were drier, then it would be sensational.

Nonetheless, it was undoubtedly a good wine to drink quickly during the rugby, and for $12.88, it was worth it. Not sure about over your way, but that's a pretty good price for wine here. A good wine, I expect to be over $20, though I have found some good stuff around $16. Under that, I expect only something to drink quickly during rugby or whatever.

Actually, I enjoyed that weirdo, non-carbonated "squash" when I was in the US, and confused the shit out of Kate when I asked for "lemonade" because she never knew to which I was referring. But IT'S NOT LEMONADE. Lemonade is fizzy! It's Sprite! Damn Americans, fucking up words for the rest of us. See: earlier discussion on jelly and jam.

I used to LOVE kumara, and it's still good when used for chips, but I've largely gone off it in a big way. And carrot and pumpkin can simply burn. Along these lines, you know what's feral? MANGO! :barf:
Yeah, here, we call it Lemonade. If that's not the original name, I wonder what IS then. I've never heard Sprite referred to as Lemonade before. Either way, I love that weirdo, non-carbonated squash. :drool:

OH GOD. MANGO. :barf:
Most vile indeed. Kill it with fire!

Sounds good.:up:

It is. I wish I could've found the Caramel Baileys though. All they had were original and mint chocolate. Mint chocolate is probably my favourite anything (candy wise, ice cream, etc.) so I would love to try it, but I didn't figure it'd mix too well with Buttershots, so I went with Original. I returned to pick up a bottle of the Mint Chocolate but they were out!

Yeah, here, we call it Lemonade. If that's not the original name, I wonder what IS then. I've never heard Sprite referred to as Lemonade before. Either way, I love that weirdo, non-carbonated squash. :drool:

OH GOD. MANGO. :barf:
Most vile indeed. Kill it with fire!

That's because you've been stuck in "Ohioi" all your life, you poor woman.

I lived in Queensland for nine years. Queensland produces a huge crop of mango. Each year, the fresh mangoes would come in and I'd hate them. They're awful. But Queensland also produces a lot of pineapple, and that stuff is fuckin' delicious. I love pineapple. :drool:

That's because you've been stuck in "Ohioi" all your life, you poor woman.

I lived in Queensland for nine years. Queensland produces a huge crop of mango. Each year, the fresh mangoes would come in and I'd hate them. They're awful. But Queensland also produces a lot of pineapple, and that stuff is fuckin' delicious. I love pineapple. :drool:
It's quite sad, isn't it? :(

Mango is absolutely disgusting. However, Pineapple? :drool: It's hard to keep pineapple around me for very long. I tend to eat it all!

It's quite sad, isn't it? :(

Mango is absolutely disgusting. However, Pineapple? :drool: It's hard to keep pineapple around me for very long. I tend to eat it all!

You need to travel more!

On the odd occasions that I do have breakfast, pineapple is my fruit of choice to go with my cereal. It is DELICIOUS. :drool:

You need to travel more!

On the odd occasions that I do have breakfast, pineapple is my fruit of choice to go with my cereal. It is DELICIOUS. :drool:
Yeah, I do.

I believe I've mentioned it before, but I've never tried it. I think I shall next time I have some.
I also like cooked pineapple slices that have been sitting on a nice, glazed ham in the oven!

I live close to Temecula valley here in California and they have great wineries...:up:

Must admit, I am not very familiar with US wine, though I know California does some quality chardonnay. I wanted to try more US wines when I visited the country in 2005, but since your puritan government thinks the drinking age should be 21 rather than 18, my style was rather cramped since I was 18 at the time. Come on! I'd been legally buying alcohol for months in Australia and New Zealand. What neanderthal century is the US stuck in? I would have loved to sample more of your wines! Especially the aforementioned chardonnay. It's not my favourite white variety (I am most partial towards riesling and gewurztraminer, and have a fondness for pinot gris too), but when it's done well, it can be absolutely sensational.

Ax, California makes some of the best Chardonnay in the world.
You gotta come over and do a wine trip or something.

Ax, California makes some of the best Chardonnay in the world.
You gotta come over and do a wine trip or something.

Most certainly! I managed to score a glass of Californian chardonnay while I was in the US, I unfortunately forget vineyard and vintage, and it was most certainly a quality drop. I need to try some more. New Zealand does some pretty good chardonnay too, but I have found Australian chardonnays to be largely bland. The Aussies do shiraz/syrah better than anyone, though.

And may I just say that genuine vintage port from Portugal is STUNNING? My father had some 21 year old vintage port for my 21st birthday and it's the best stuff I've ever had. Simply incredible. It was complex, rich, fruity, and aged so stunningly well.

ok,ok........Glass of Chardonay and white chocolate covered strawberries....:drool:

:lol:

This is a good call.

Also, you cannot go wrong with late harvest chardonnay when it is paired with any kind of sweets or white/milk chocolate or soft cheese. Late harvest chardonnay was one of my early loves, back when I was about seven or eight. What I had then was early nineties vintage stuff from New Zealand's Martinborough region. Very sweet and fruity. Get out a platter of fruit and choccies, pour a glass, and enjoy!

I am really good. :D

How have you been?

Good to hear! :up:

I'm pretty good. Just drank a whole bottle of wine so I am a bit buzzed, though being a genetic freak who can handle a high amount of alcohol, I am not wasted!

Otherwise, university has resumed for this year's second semester, so that gives me something useful to do. And I probably should sleep soon, as it is nearly 4am here and my sleeping schedule was just starting to get back to something vaguely resembling normality!

Yes, I ramble a little more when drunk ...! :lol:

Good to hear! :up:

I'm pretty good. Just drank a whole bottle of wine so I am a bit buzzed, though being a genetic freak who can handle a high amount of alcohol, I am not wasted!

Otherwise, university has resumed for this year's second semester, so that gives me something useful to do. And I probably should sleep soon, as it is nearly 4am here and my sleeping schedule was just starting to get back to something vaguely resembling normality!

Yes, I ramble a little more when drunk ...! :lol:

School? :down:
yuck.gif

4 am? You should def. be sleeping. :D

And I can tell. :lol:

School? :down:
yuck.gif

4 am? You should def. be sleeping. :D

And I can tell. :lol:

I am doing good subjects this semester, though, so it's not so bad. The early starts can burn in hell, though. 8am being early by my lazy standards.

Yeah, I think I will bow out for the night soon ...! Should drink a bit more water first, though. Don't entirely fancy a hangover!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom