Broomrape Lane, Lake Havasu City, Arizona Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First on my list is 6/12/82 London, as well as 6/5/83 Boston, 20/8/83 Lorely, and 26/12/83 Dundee...

Ah, coolness. 6 December 1982 is really good quality, though being pre-War it's partly Octoberish too. I quite enjoy the Pre-War Tour. It's really weird hearing Bono announce songs like SBS and NYD to no audience response!

Ah, coolness. 6 December 1982 is really good quality, though being pre-War it's partly Octoberish too. I quite enjoy the Pre-War Tour. It's really weird hearing Bono announce songs like SBS and NYD to no audience response!

:lol:

:bono: This is not a rebel song... this is Sunday Bloody Sunday!!
audience: ....?
:bono: :scratch:
:edge: I knew this would happen if I let him use the time machine.

A TRY OVER A MINUTE AND A HALF AFTER FULL TIME; WE GET THE BONUS POINT!

FUCK YEAH I LOVE BEING A KIWI.

What if that's his natural accent? :wink:

Where are you up to anyway?

If that's his natural accent, then he's a brain-damaged half-Cockney, half god-knows-what. :yikes:

Just into Trevor now (which always makes me giggle cos that's my brother's name) ... no idea what all that at the start was... and now we're getting bird noises, a la Wire and Exit... and assorted other sound effects. :lol:

And Dan Carter misses the conversion but it's all good, we're 39-10 at full time and I am bowing to the TV because WE FUCKING RULE. But that's not too unusual. Maybe the "KIWI! KIWI! WOO!" is influenced by drink, though.

So I'm done with seven glasses. Time for #8!

If that's his natural accent, then he's a brain-damaged half-Cockney, half god-knows-what. :yikes:

Just into Trevor now (which always makes me giggle cos that's my brother's name) ... no idea what all that at the start was... and now we're getting bird noises, a la Wire and Exit... and assorted other sound effects. :lol:

:laugh:

That weirdo noise clearly has a long heritage. I can do it, too.

Ahh, no wonder I couldn't get that VHS tape to work last night...
I was trying to rewind an already rewound tape. :doh:

Is that NZ's answer to "Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi"?

:laugh: Nah, just me drunk.

I am definitely drunk now, I think. I had some rugby comments that I ranted at the wine glass as I poured my eighth glass but I cannot quite remember it now. Sweet game from the All Blacks; we outplayed the Wallabies on every level and showed why we're the best country in the world at the best sport in the world. Frankly, I am not entirely sure why Australia bothered, as nothing they could do could answer our quality of play. We really learnt a lot from last week's errors. Great work at the lineouts and the breakdown especially.

I know you don't care, Ali, nor do you, Serena, but rugby is life, and maybe Steph will bother to catch up on this or something. Because she's South African and a rugby fan and therefore cool. :up:

To summarise: Australia, you are a flash in the pan. Go home before we embarrass you further and taunt you a second time!

Didn't Bono say he'd only performed while drunk once?
I so don't buy that. :lol:

I think he referred to one specific time when all of them decided to deliberately get smashed before a show, just to see what it was like... but I'm sure one or more of them have performed while under the influence more often than that.

I think he referred to one specific time when all of them decided to deliberately get smashed before a show, just to see what it was like... but I'm sure one or more of them have performed while under the influence more often than that.

Yeah, they did a show under the influence in the pre-Boy days and it failed abysmally. Though it might have been under the influence of drugs rather than alcohol; I can't remember. I certainly imagine Adam has played under the influence of both drugs and alcohol since then! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom