Broomrape Lane, Lake Havasu City, Arizona Superthread - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-02-2008, 12:04 PM   #106
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisaura View Post
You might be right, but I can't help feeling a bit iffy about going out, buying alcohol, waiting for my housemates to go out or to bed, and sit here drinking on my own just for the sake of amusing internet people.
OK, then Jen and I will have to take you out one night and get you hammered! It's fun! And you feel surprisingly good! I am grinning my face off right now. It's kind of silly really. I mean, it's just drink. I know that! But I'm going to enjoy myself anyway.

Quote:
And omg, Bono's Q&A session.
I'm not sure what you are referring to here. When has Bono done a Q&A session?

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-02-2008, 12:05 PM   #107
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Alison just noticed it was 2am. She's thinking she should probably go to sleep before she's tempted to polish off these Koko Black chocolates.
Choccies are made of win!

Wish I had some choccies. But I have wine. Still debating whether to finish it. I am a lame and overly logical, thoughtful, nerdy drunk. Want to know anything about trains? Or history?

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-02-2008, 12:06 PM   #108
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Just because it would bring the lulz. Right now, I really don't feel very drunk, and I have had almost a whole bottle of wine! My typing is intact and stuff. This is piss-weak drunkposting!

Also, frankly, I feel good right now.
I figured there had to be some kind of benefit to being drunk that makes people want to do it over and over again, despite the usually-unpleasant consequences.

I guess I keep questioning why there is such a hugely strong culture of "being drunk is good! Everyone has to do it or else you're some sort of anti-social freak!" And I will happily admit that I am an anti-social freak, but I don't think it's a good enough reason for me to get drunk, just because everyone seems to think I should.

Old 08-02-2008, 12:08 PM   #109
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
I like the red wine I had on one of my birthdays. It's a damn shame I have no idea what kind it was, because it was tasty.
Most red wine is, though, unless it's really bad.

I love dry, oaky, full-bodied red wines, though. The bottle shop had too many that didn't fit that criteria, and they were expensive too! I just want a really nice, dry pinot noir for a change! But noooo. There's so much shiraz in Victoria and finding pinot noir is a fucking challenge. The local bottle shop had LESS THAN A SHELF OF IT!

LESS THAN A SHELF!

What kind of a bottle shop is that? Seriously, come on. It's just ridiculous. I need to look up some good wine shops in Melbourne, somewhere with reasonably priced Central Otago pinot noir.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-02-2008, 12:08 PM   #110
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
You rock too.
Beat me to it.
Old 08-02-2008, 12:09 PM   #111
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:55 PM
Quote:
Most red wine is, though, unless it's really bad.

I love dry, oaky, full-bodied red wines, though. The bottle shop had too many that didn't fit that criteria, and they were expensive too! I just want a really nice, dry pinot noir for a change! But noooo. There's so much shiraz in Victoria and finding pinot noir is a fucking challenge. The local bottle shop had LESS THAN A SHELF OF IT!

LESS THAN A SHELF!

What kind of a bottle shop is that? Seriously, come on. It's just ridiculous. I need to look up some good wine shops in Melbourne, somewhere with reasonably priced Central Otago pinot noir.
Our liquor store has a bunch of Shiraz too, when it comes to wines, I mean. I've never even seen Pinot Noir around here, though for all I know, we might not even have it!
Old 08-02-2008, 12:11 PM   #112
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I figured there had to be some kind of benefit to being drunk that makes people want to do it over and over again, despite the usually-unpleasant consequences.

I guess I keep questioning why there is such a hugely strong culture of "being drunk is good! Everyone has to do it or else you're some sort of anti-social freak!" And I will happily admit that I am an anti-social freak, but I don't think it's a good enough reason for me to get drunk, just because everyone seems to think I should.

You know I am an anti-social freak too, probably even more than you are. But honestly, I'm enjoying this wine, since it tastes rather good, and the feeling really is rather enjoyable. My logic is that if you are enjoying a drink, why stop? Though I have stopped right now, as I cannot resolve the debate between polishing off a bottle within 3 hours or keeping the final glass to sample tomorrow to review it. I can probably review it based on my current impressions, so why am I holding off? When you reach this point of inebriation, simply drinking seems fun. Lots of things seem fun. Porcupine Tree, for example, are fun right now. Signify is a fucking cool album.

And, well, as far as unpleasant consequences of drink go, I haven't had any yet, touch wood! Let's hope I don't wake with a hangover in the morning!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-02-2008, 12:11 PM   #113
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
OK, then Jen and I will have to take you out one night and get you hammered! It's fun! And you feel surprisingly good! I am grinning my face off right now. It's kind of silly really. I mean, it's just drink. I know that! But I'm going to enjoy myself anyway.
We'll see.

Quote:
I'm not sure what you are referring to here. When has Bono done a Q&A session?
In this bootleg (26/2/80), Bono's crapping on (the fake pommy accent wore off about halfway through), and he's like "I want some questions too... like what's this about pop stars?" ... and then he said someone's lost a camera, if everyone can look for it... "there's a photographer weeping in the corner"... And so on and so forth...

That whole bootleg brought the lolz.
Old 08-02-2008, 12:13 PM   #114
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Choccies are made of win!

Wish I had some choccies. But I have wine. Still debating whether to finish it. I am a lame and overly logical, thoughtful, nerdy drunk. Want to know anything about trains? Or history?
Assuming your logic circuits are still working, will you regret it tomorrow if you drink it all now? Cos it probably won't make a huge difference at this stage.
Old 08-02-2008, 12:13 PM   #115
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Our liquor store has a bunch of Shiraz too, when it comes to wines, I mean. I've never even seen Pinot Noir around here, though for all I know, we might not even have it!
Pinot noir is a classy kind of wine. It sounds like you live in hicksville though, so I am not shocked you don't have it. Then again, shiraz - which is also sold as syrah over your way - is good wine too. We have lots of it here simply because Victoria produces so much of it. It could be the state wine, really! All this fucking shiraz! But I like my pinot noir. It was my first wine love, back when I was seven. Ata Rangi pinot noir. Fucking great stuff. My father wasn't always the best, but he made sure that I grew up with good taste. Onya, Dad.

(Only a drunk Axver would say that!)

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-02-2008, 12:15 PM   #116
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Assuming your logic circuits are still working, will you regret it tomorrow if you drink it all now? Cos it probably won't make a huge difference at this stage.
Hmm. I may want to sample it for winetasting purposes, but I think my opinion is formed already. I can't see myself buying this again, except for purposes of drinking heavily during rugby.

So I guess I'll pour another glass, I suppose. Do I seem drunk?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-02-2008, 12:15 PM   #117
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Dan Murphy's, or BWS is probably your best bet, just in terms of their sheer size. Also cheaper.

My housemate went to the Grampians for her b'day one year, and visted a winery there. And brought back a lot of wine.
Old 08-02-2008, 12:16 PM   #118
Vocal parasite

Quote:
You rock too.
Quote:
Beat me to it.
Aww, thanks.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-02-2008, 12:16 PM   #119
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Lots of things seem fun. Porcupine Tree, for example, are fun right now. Signify is a fucking cool album.
And this observation is different to soberAxver how?

Old 08-02-2008, 12:17 PM   #120
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Dan Murphy's, or BWS is probably your best bet, just in terms of their sheer size. Also cheaper.

My housemate went to the Grampians for her b'day one year, and visted a winery there. And brought back a lot of wine.
Ah, yeah, I've just been popping into the local Liquorland by my Coles. It's rather mundane, though occasionally it turns up a surprisingly good wine, like Te Henga's pinot gris. Wow. It really lasts with spicy fruit textures. I presume there must be somewhere better on my tram route, though.

And I'd love to do a tour of Victorian wineries.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread