Broomrape Lane, Lake Havasu City, Arizona Superthread - Page 52 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-03-2008, 02:13 AM   #766
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Just put Alex Descends on to pass the time until we get going (I suggest starting with JT), and FUCK THIS IS SUCH A GOOD SONG.

We need the rest of the music Bono and Edge came up with for Clockwork Orange, damnit!
i'm listening to mofo from the mtv europe music awards

wtf, how did i press submit? anyway, now it seems like the now playing tread

Old 08-03-2008, 02:14 AM   #767
Jesus Online

Local Time: 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
I vote Zoo AND tjt

and yes angela, i m aybe a bit tsipsy
it's definitely your colour.

i wanna join in with youse all on your zooropa listening but there's futurama on in the background and someone will cause me to have to leave the comp alone before too long.

Old 08-03-2008, 02:14 AM   #768
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
Have we a decision?
we need to

i really wanna listen to zooropa, i think i will whether we all listen to it or not
Old 08-03-2008, 02:14 AM   #769
Vocal parasite

Hey Chass, if I'm not grossly mistaken, it looks like you're on target to hit 100 posts in a single Superthread for the first time.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-03-2008, 02:14 AM   #770
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
we need to
Let's do JT first.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-03-2008, 02:15 AM   #771
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:10 PM
I'm probably going to be ousted with this admission, but when I heard Beautiful Day I just fucken knew this was music for me. The Best of 1990-2000 sealed the deal for me. At the time I didn't even know how big U2 were.
Old 08-03-2008, 02:15 AM   #772
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:10 PM
I
ll tell you what made me a fan, and I dont care how embaressing it is, since I've admitted it before, I fucking hated beatufiul day, but I coudlnt' figure out why everyone was making such a big eadl about it, saying U2 was back,since I'd never even heard of them before, so Iwaited for the next single, cause I just NEEDED to udnerstand, plus I checked out their previous work online, though I'd never really heard of sanything. Well I can't remember what the second single was, either Stuck or Walk On, but whatever tat song was sucked me in, and i immediatley bought atycab, adn then the Best of 8090 and never looked back. I taped the video to Walk On and played it ove rand over again until I transcribed the lyrics on a little piece of paper that I kepti in my pocket and memorized ( until this day it was the only U2 song I knew EVERY line too, though now I don't even knwo everline to it, withou music) For this reason I can never HATE HATE atycab, no matter how much I realize they have made better music.

Sorry for the ytpos peeps.
Old 08-03-2008, 02:15 AM   #773
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Hey Chass, if I'm not grossly mistaken, it looks like you're on target to hit 100 posts in a single Superthread for the first time.
It's about damn time!

And so we're listening to TJT and Zooropa?

Zooropa first?

EDIT: Nevermind, Ax said TJT first, and I'd actually prefer that!
Old 08-03-2008, 02:16 AM   #774
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

"how could we possibly follow that?"

Old 08-03-2008, 02:16 AM   #775
Vocal parasite

Quote:
what's really sad is...i can't even tell you what song of theirs made me into a U2 fan. i just remember liking them. i bought achtung and zooropa on tape when they came out, and a few years later bought everything on cd. i couldn't pinpoint one song or even one album that made me become a fan.
I can't really say what made me a casual fan. I guess because I grew up with their music as a constant presence. Same goes for bands like REM and Crowded House. As early as 1999, I knew one goal of mine was to see U2 live. But then when I heard Gone on the Best Of, 11OTT on the UABRS video, and Bad on RAH, I was completely blown away. Gone convinced me that I needed to own everything U2 had released, and 11OTT and Bad convinced me that I needed everything full stop, bootlegs and all.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-03-2008, 02:16 AM   #776
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:10 PM
Quote:
I refuse to believe that.
Old 08-03-2008, 02:17 AM   #777
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
I
ll tell you what made me a fan, and I dont care how embaressing it is, since I've admitted it before, I fucking hated beatufiul day, but I coudlnt' figure out why everyone was making such a big eadl about it, saying U2 was back,since I'd never even heard of them before, so Iwaited for the next single, cause I just NEEDED to udnerstand, plus I checked out their previous work online, though I'd never really heard of sanything. Well I can't remember what the second single was, either Stuck or Walk On, but whatever tat song was sucked me in, and i immediatley bought atycab, adn then the Best of 8090 and never looked back. I taped the video to Walk On and played it ove rand over again until I transcribed the lyrics on a little piece of paper that I kepti in my pocket and memorized ( until this day it was the only U2 song I knew EVERY line too, though now I don't even knwo everline to it, withou music) For this reason I can never HATE HATE atycab, no matter how much I realize they have made better music.

Sorry for the ytpos peeps.
it was stuck
Old 08-03-2008, 02:18 AM   #778
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
I refuse to believe that.
She hasn't a single 100 post performance on the stats spreadsheet. But Khan needs to update that to account for recent ones. And so that I can make the various stats lists that will go with the Superthread Purity Test.

Anyway, onto JT now?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-03-2008, 02:18 AM   #779
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
it was stuck
Then stuck did it, though I feel like by the time that video came out I was already able to spot everythign in the video (all the easter eggs so to speak) so maybe I bought 80-90 and ATYCLB after BD
Old 08-03-2008, 02:19 AM   #780
Blue Crack Distributor

TJT?

Tags
superthread