Broomrape Lane, Lake Havasu City, Arizona Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm. I may want to sample it for winetasting purposes, but I think my opinion is formed already. I can't see myself buying this again, except for purposes of drinking heavily during rugby.

So I guess I'll pour another glass, I suppose. Do I seem drunk?

Just drink the bloody stuff. :lol:

Your typing still looks sober, but all the self-analysis is very drunkAxver. Slightly higher ramble factor, too...

In this bootleg (26/2/80), Bono's crapping on (the fake pommy accent wore off about halfway through), and he's like "I want some questions too... like what's this about pop stars?" ... and then he said someone's lost a camera, if everyone can look for it... "there's a photographer weeping in the corner"... :lol: And so on and so forth...

That whole bootleg brought the lolz.

Oh yes, I remember that bit with the photographer! It's so random. Pre-Boy Bono brought the lulz. Hell, he brough the lulz until about War. Then he got serious. But he managed to keep it together until the end of the eighties; serious but cool. Then he just turned intoi a prat, over-seriously trying to be cool and failing, then just being a rambly git. Damn you, Bono. Shut up. Retire from public life like that thread on EYKIW mentions. Well, keep making music. I enjoy that. But shut up and stop prattling on about crap you don't fully understand. You aren't cool and nobody cares.

And I'd love to do a tour of Victorian wineries. :drool:

I was going to say "you'll have to find someone else to drive you around for that!", but I'd probably be an ideal chauffeur (sp?), since I wouldn't want to drink the wine anyway, and would therefore have no trouble staying under 0.05. :lol:

Not that I'm volunteering, mind!
Wineries = :yawn:

Oh yes, I remember that bit with the photographer! It's so random. Pre-Boy Bono brought the lulz. Hell, he brough the lulz until about War. Then he got serious. But he managed to keep it together until the end of the eighties; serious but cool. Then he just turned intoi a prat, over-seriously trying to be cool and failing, then just being a rambly git. Damn you, Bono. Shut up. Retire from public life like that thread on EYKIW mentions. Well, keep making music. I enjoy that. But shut up and stop prattling on about crap you don't fully understand. You aren't cool and nobody cares.

Aw, Ax is sobering up.

OK, poured the ninth glass. The back of the bottle claims this wine brings blueberry and plum flavours, but I'm just not seeing it. Its texture isn't bad, and it's not that dry, but it lacks fruitiness, really. I wish it were more dry and oaky. That would suit it more.

OK, poured the ninth glass. The back of the bottle claims this wine brings blueberry and plum flavours, but I'm just not seeing it. Its texture isn't bad, and it's not that dry, but it lacks fruitiness, really. I wish it were more dry and oaky. That would suit it more.

If you were "seeing" blueberry and plum flavours, you would definitely be very drunk! And/or tripping on something.

:wink:

Pinot noir is a classy kind of wine. It sounds like you live in hicksville though, so I am not shocked you don't have it. Then again, shiraz - which is also sold as syrah over your way - is good wine too. We have lots of it here simply because Victoria produces so much of it. It could be the state wine, really! All this fucking shiraz! But I like my pinot noir. It was my first wine love, back when I was seven. Ata Rangi pinot noir. Fucking great stuff. My father wasn't always the best, but he made sure that I grew up with good taste. Onya, Dad. :up:

(Only a drunk Axver would say that!)
I've only ever seen it as "shiraz" when I've been over there. I might go looking at them again when I go to buy my schnapps. Wine is pretty overpriced over there, as I've began to notice so I suppose it's good that I go for the hard liquor for now! :up:

I am pretty sure that the local grocery would have more of a selection than the carry out does and probably more reasonably priced, too.

I MADE TWO TYPOS IN THAT POST YOU QUOTED, THOUGH! :ohmy:

You spotted them before I did... although I might have noticed one at the time but just not realised what a big deal it apparently is. :lol:

I am therefore more tired than you are drunk, so I'm going to bed.

:wave:

:lol: Intoi! That's about as good as Ohioi!

I was going to say "you'll have to find someone else to drive you around for that!", but I'd probably be an ideal chauffeur (sp?), since I wouldn't want to drink the wine anyway, and would therefore have no trouble staying under 0.05. :lol:

Not that I'm volunteering, mind!
Wineries = :yawn:

Awww, go on! Maybe some good scenery? Don't make me wait until my father comes over again! As much as he has contributed to my life, it is not always the best idea for him and I to be in the same place for too long. We are perhaps too much alike, rather than too different.

Also, I am not yet drunk enough to forget spelling. 'Chauffeur' is correct.

You spotted them before I did... although I might have noticed one at the time but just not realised what a big deal it apparently is. :lol:

I am therefore more tired than you are drunk, so I'm going to bed.

:wave:

That's worrisome! :laugh:

Have a good one, Ali! :wave:

If you were "seeing" blueberry and plum flavours, you would definitely be very drunk! And/or tripping on something.

:wink:

You're such a pedant, it's great! :lol:

Actually, I do sort of taste it as it lasts in the mouth, but it really is not that notable, which is disappointing. For a wine not terribly oaky, I wish it were more prominent. Come on, Windy Peak, bring the fruits!

You're such a pedant, it's great! :lol:

Actually, I do sort of taste it as it lasts in the mouth, but it really is not that notable, which is disappointing. For a wine not terribly oaky, I wish it were more prominent. Come on, Windy Peak, bring the fruits!

:tsk:

Ax likes things fruity.....

*gone*

I've only ever seen it as "shiraz" when I've been over there. I might go looking at them again when I go to buy my schnapps. Wine is pretty overpriced over there, as I've began to notice so I suppose it's good that I go for the hard liquor for now! :up:

I am pretty sure that the local grocery would have more of a selection than the carry out does and probably more reasonably priced, too.

Ah, right. I just know in some places, they sell shiraz as syrah. What are the comparative prices?

Ah, right. I just know in some places, they sell shiraz as syrah. What are the comparative prices?

Over at the liquor store, generally $20+
It depends on what you get. The really cheap horrible stuff (Wild Irish Rose, MD 20 20, etc, etc.) is probably below $10 and the good wines tend to be rather expensive. There was one bottle I seen that was close to $40. Didn't happen to catch what it was, though.

However, that place is known to be overpriced for, well, everything. Even soda and stuff like that. So I imagine it'd be cheaper at the grocery.

Over at the liquor store, generally $20+
It depends on what you get. The really cheap horrible stuff (Wild Irish Rose, MD 20 20, etc, etc.) is probably below $10 and the good wines tend to be rather expensive. There was one bottle I seen that was close to $40. Didn't happen to catch what it was, though.

However, that place is known to be overpriced for, well, everything. Even soda and stuff like that. So I imagine it'd be cheaper at the grocery.

Ah, right. The pinot noirs that I had my eye on were AUS$16-26. I wish they'd been a bit cheaper. I can often pick up a good wine for $11-15. There are cheaper wines, but I am skeptical of their quality, especially as I am picking them up from a booze chain owned by a supermarket. I need to find a proper bottle shop run for proper snobs wine drinkers.

Ah, right. The pinot noirs that I had my eye on were AUS$16-26. I wish they'd been a bit cheaper. I can often pick up a good wine for $11-15. There are cheaper wines, but I am skeptical of their quality, especially as I am picking them up from a booze chain owned by a supermarket. I need to find a proper bottle shop run for proper snobs wine drinkers.
They tend to be expensive over here, which doesn't shock me at all. I am sure that you would still have to fork out $25+ for a good bottle of wine.
Mind you I know next to nothing of wine since I tend to be a liquor drinker, though I've generally heard that wine gives hazy and fuzzy hangovers which isn't good! :yikes: I suppose it depends on the drinker, though. That birthday that I had a good bit of red wine, I didn't even get tipsy and I'd had about 4 or 5 glasses. No morning issues off it. Luckily.

I just drank a whole bottle of wine in three hours. It wasn't bad. Why is my typing not total shit?

They tend to be expensive over here, which doesn't shock me at all. I am sure that you would still have to fork out $25+ for a good bottle of wine.
Mind you I know next to nothing of wine since I tend to be a liquor drinker, though I've generally heard that wine gives hazy and fuzzy hangovers which isn't good! :yikes: I suppose it depends on the drinker, though. That birthday that I had a good bit of red wine, I didn't even get tipsy and I'd had about 4 or 5 glasses. No morning issues off it. Luckily.

Yikes. People around your way should get some culture and stop sculling their nasty pisswater Budweiser.

I haven't had a hangover from wine (or anything) yet, touch wood! Let's see how I go now, having just downed a bottle. I can still feel a bit of an alcohol taste in my mouth. Maybe I should have some water? Can't be a bad idea, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom