Broomrape Lane, Lake Havasu City, Arizona Superthread - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-02-2008, 11:38 AM   #61
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 02:00 PM
God, I am having fun and it doesn't really seem to matter what I am doing. So I must be drunk. Alas, I have only one glass of wine left in the bottle after I down this one! And it is half done already.

My logical side is still working. I'm thinking that maybe I should keep that one remaining glass for tomorrow so that I can sample it sober and give a proper assessment of the wine's qualities. But then again, I am also thinking that I wasn't too taken aback by it when I began drinking earlier this evening. It was a good wine for drinking fairly quickly through rugby, though, even if it lacked the full body and dryness that I would desire from a quality red wine.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-02-2008, 11:39 AM   #62
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
Apparently considering I was about to pass out while talking to you last night and I told you I need to "sleep some sleeping."
Sleep some sleeping was classic. Though I imagine in some language somewhere, that is a grammatically correct construction.

FFS, I am a nerd even when pissed.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-02-2008, 11:39 AM   #63
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Yeah, they did a show under the influence in the pre-Boy days and it failed abysmally. Though it might have been under the influence of drugs rather than alcohol; I can't remember. I certainly imagine Adam has played under the influence of both drugs and alcohol since then!
There's a bit in Flanagan's book when Adam missed that Sydney show, when Flanagan wrote something like, "Drunk or sober, Adam's always made the show until now".

And there's that pre-JT TV performance, including a stirring rendition of "IN THIS TOWN IN THIS TOWN IN THIS TOWN"....
Old 08-02-2008, 11:39 AM   #64
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:00 PM
Quote:
God, I am having fun and it doesn't really seem to matter what I am doing. So I must be drunk. Alas, I have only one glass of wine left in the bottle after I down this one! And it is half done already.

My logical side is still working. I'm thinking that maybe I should keep that one remaining glass for tomorrow so that I can sample it sober and give a proper assessment of the wine's qualities. But then again, I am also thinking that I wasn't too taken aback by it when I began drinking earlier this evening. It was a good wine for drinking fairly quickly through rugby, though, even if it lacked the full body and dryness that I would desire from a quality red wine.
Ah, the rambling drunk!
Old 08-02-2008, 11:40 AM   #65
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisaura View Post
I thought we established that there's no such thing as too crap for Phail... just too good for Phail.
Well, true, but you can't imagine how bad I am right now!

I miss the days when I wasn't that bad a guitarist. I also wish I knew where my nice yellow guitar strap has gone!

Quote:
I thought you already nominated me?
But you're on the wrong side of the Pacific, you silly girl!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-02-2008, 11:41 AM   #66
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Sleep some sleeping was classic. Though I imagine in some language somewhere, that is a grammatically correct construction.

FFS, I am a nerd even when pissed.
I thought you hadn't even noticed because you didn't say anything about it.

I don't even REMEMBER saying that! Which is why I'm pissing myself laughing right now.
Old 08-02-2008, 11:41 AM   #67
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
But you're on the wrong side of the Pacific, you silly girl!
That's what planes are for.
Old 08-02-2008, 11:42 AM   #68
Vocal parasite

Quote:
There's a bit in Flanagan's book when Adam missed that Sydney show, when Flanagan wrote something like, "Drunk or sober, Adam's always made the show until now".

And there's that pre-JT TV performance, including a stirring rendition of "IN THIS TOWN IN THIS TOWN IN THIS TOWN"....
Good points, Flanagan and Ali. IN THIS TOWN IN THIS TOWN IN THIS TOWN had to be the whole band sloshed. If even one were sober, they would have put a stop to that silliness! But I am thankful they did not. It is too classic, and it has provided Bonnie with a joke that keeps on giving for all of us.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-02-2008, 11:43 AM   #69
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Buy a fucking ticket then!

Woah, I've had about 7.5 glasses of wine in two hours. Shouldn't my typing and balance and speech be utterly shit by now?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-02-2008, 11:44 AM   #70
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Ah, the rambling drunk!
I ramble anyway; you know that! Just see my LJ!

I'd make a drunk entry but I'm still too together to think "I've nothing to really talk about ..."

Quote:
I thought you hadn't even noticed because you didn't say anything about it.

I don't even REMEMBER saying that! Which is why I'm pissing myself laughing right now.
Oh, no, I just laughed and didn't say anything!

You should go buy some absinthe or something and really bring the lulz.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-02-2008, 11:44 AM   #71
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Well, true, but you can't imagine how bad I am right now!

I miss the days when I wasn't that bad a guitarist. I also wish I knew where my nice yellow guitar strap has gone!
You might be surprised at how much of it will come back if you give it a chance...
The strap would be useful, though.

Quote:
Off you go then... I'll meet you at Tullamarine in what, 20 hours or so?
Old 08-02-2008, 11:46 AM   #72
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Good points, Flanagan and Ali. IN THIS TOWN IN THIS TOWN IN THIS TOWN had to be the whole band sloshed. If even one were sober, they would have put a stop to that silliness! But I am thankful they did not. It is too classic, and it has provided Bonnie with a joke that keeps on giving for all of us.
Indeed. And an amusing avatar/location combo, too...
Old 08-02-2008, 11:46 AM   #73
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

Woah, I've had about 7.5 glasses of wine in two hours. Shouldn't my typing and balance and speech be utterly shit by now?
Well alright then!
Old 08-02-2008, 11:47 AM   #74
Vocal parasite

Quote:
You might be surprised at how much of it will come back if you give it a chance...
The strap would be useful, though.
True. When I do pick up the guitar and really sit down with it for a bit, I find some stuff comes back. I can't fathom where the strap is. It should be in the guitar case. But I did keep it in the back of my amp, where its cable would be curled up. So maybe I've stuck it in a bag or something when I've moved and just never recovered it? I'll have to check a couple of bags I've stowed in the wardrobe sometime to see if it's in them. It was a very nice strap. Very bright yellow.

I imagine a lot of people here expect me to have a black strap, or something very serious. But I love yellow. Given the last two sentences, I must be drunk, as I am not 100% sure I would say that sober. Though I might. Who knows! This part, however, I would only type drunk!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-02-2008, 11:47 AM   #75
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Genetic freakiness aside, I recall that you had pizza before you started drinking... if you'd drunk that on an empty stomach, I daresay things might be different now.

Tags
superthread