Broomrape Lane, Lake Havasu City, Arizona Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But getting smashed on absinthe would surely fuck up typing! I think it's what caused Bonnie to forget the alphabet on that epic drunkposting occasion ...

If it was REAL absinthe, I'm surprised she didn't forget a lot more than the alphabet...!

Maybe next time we'll get a chance to have a proper night out... or in. Whichever works :D

That sounds like good fun. I will clean up my place and buy stuff like good wine, vodka, and abinsthe, and we will have one hell of a time. :up:

Or we will sit around, forget to drink, and talk a lot. Either is fun!

Shall I pour glass nine, the last glass left in the bottle, or shall I finish for the night?
You know what I am gonna say!

Do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it!

Why? Just out of curiosity...?

Just because it would bring the lulz. Right now, I really don't feel very drunk, and I have had almost a whole bottle of wine! My typing is intact and stuff. This is piss-weak drunkposting!

Also, frankly, I feel good right now.

You know what I am gonna say!

Do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it!

Yes, but what does Ali say? She's the sensible one amongst all of us, or maybe the insane one. I don't think she's ever been drunk. We should do something about that, but she isn't the world's biggest fan of wine, which is a terrible shame. Wine is delicious. The wine I've had tonight hasn't been very stunning, but it's been good for rugby drinking.

Just because it would bring the lulz. Right now, I really don't feel very drunk, and I have had almost a whole bottle of wine! My typing is intact and stuff. This is piss-weak drunkposting!

That was how I felt...until it really hit me last night. :laugh:

So, I am singing along to Porcupine Tree's Signify album right now. And I must be drunk, for I just sung:

Every home is wired! Every home is wired! Every home is wired, BITCHES!

Ali, you should drunkpost one day. I bet it would be nerdtastic. :up:
You might be right, but I can't help feeling a bit iffy about going out, buying alcohol, waiting for my housemates to go out or to bed, and sit here drinking on my own just for the sake of amusing internet people. :huh:

Also, I see no reason to put myself in danger of a hangover. :D Don't mind going my life without experiencing one of those!

I feel like rambling about history and railways. And I am almost done with glass eight. Shall I pour glass nine, the last glass left in the bottle, or shall I finish for the night?
Don't ask me! :lol:

And omg, Bono's Q&A session. :lmao:

Yes, but what does Ali say? She's the sensible one amongst all of us, or maybe the insane one. I don't think she's ever been drunk. We should do something about that, but she isn't the world's biggest fan of wine, which is a terrible shame. Wine is delicious. The wine I've had tonight hasn't been very stunning, but it's been good for rugby drinking.

I like the red wine I had on one of my birthdays. It's a damn shame I have no idea what kind it was, because it was tasty.

Hey, we've passed 100 posts, coolness. Not many people around, but you guys rock. That probably sounds drunkish. But you guys do rock, so that's cool.

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 101
User Name Posts
Axver 42
Alisaura 33
Serena Vox 22
RavenBlue 4

Hey, we've passed 100 posts, coolness. Not many people around, but you guys rock. That probably sounds drunkish. But you guys do rock, so that's cool.

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 101
User Name Posts
Axver 42
Alisaura 33
Serena Vox 22
RavenBlue 4
You rock too. :kiss:

You might be right, but I can't help feeling a bit iffy about going out, buying alcohol, waiting for my housemates to go out or to bed, and sit here drinking on my own just for the sake of amusing internet people. :huh:

OK, then Jen and I will have to take you out one night and get you hammered! It's fun! And you feel surprisingly good! I am grinning my face off right now. It's kind of silly really. I mean, it's just drink. I know that! But I'm going to enjoy myself anyway.

And omg, Bono's Q&A session. :lmao:

I'm not sure what you are referring to here. When has Bono done a Q&A session?

Alison just noticed it was 2am. She's thinking she should probably go to sleep before she's tempted to polish off these Koko Black chocolates. :drool:

Choccies are made of win!

Wish I had some choccies. But I have wine. Still debating whether to finish it. I am a lame and overly logical, thoughtful, nerdy drunk. Want to know anything about trains? Or history?

I figured there had to be some kind of benefit to being drunk that makes people want to do it over and over again, despite the usually-unpleasant consequences.

I guess I keep questioning why there is such a hugely strong culture of "being drunk is good! Everyone has to do it or else you're some sort of anti-social freak!" And I will happily admit that I am an anti-social freak, but I don't think it's a good enough reason for me to get drunk, just because everyone seems to think I should.

:shrug:

I like the red wine I had on one of my birthdays. It's a damn shame I have no idea what kind it was, because it was tasty.

Most red wine is, though, unless it's really bad.

I love dry, oaky, full-bodied red wines, though. The bottle shop had too many that didn't fit that criteria, and they were expensive too! I just want a really nice, dry pinot noir for a change! But noooo. There's so much shiraz in Victoria and finding pinot noir is a fucking challenge. The local bottle shop had LESS THAN A SHELF OF IT!

LESS THAN A SHELF!

What kind of a bottle shop is that? Seriously, come on. It's just ridiculous. I need to look up some good wine shops in Melbourne, somewhere with reasonably priced Central Otago pinot noir.

Most red wine is, though, unless it's really bad.

I love dry, oaky, full-bodied red wines, though. The bottle shop had too many that didn't fit that criteria, and they were expensive too! I just want a really nice, dry pinot noir for a change! But noooo. There's so much shiraz in Victoria and finding pinot noir is a fucking challenge. The local bottle shop had LESS THAN A SHELF OF IT!

LESS THAN A SHELF!

What kind of a bottle shop is that? Seriously, come on. It's just ridiculous. I need to look up some good wine shops in Melbourne, somewhere with reasonably priced Central Otago pinot noir.
:huh: Our liquor store has a bunch of Shiraz too, when it comes to wines, I mean. I've never even seen Pinot Noir around here, though for all I know, we might not even have it! :lol:

I figured there had to be some kind of benefit to being drunk that makes people want to do it over and over again, despite the usually-unpleasant consequences.

I guess I keep questioning why there is such a hugely strong culture of "being drunk is good! Everyone has to do it or else you're some sort of anti-social freak!" And I will happily admit that I am an anti-social freak, but I don't think it's a good enough reason for me to get drunk, just because everyone seems to think I should.

:shrug:

You know I am an anti-social freak too, probably even more than you are. But honestly, I'm enjoying this wine, since it tastes rather good, and the feeling really is rather enjoyable. My logic is that if you are enjoying a drink, why stop? Though I have stopped right now, as I cannot resolve the debate between polishing off a bottle within 3 hours or keeping the final glass to sample tomorrow to review it. I can probably review it based on my current impressions, so why am I holding off? When you reach this point of inebriation, simply drinking seems fun. Lots of things seem fun. Porcupine Tree, for example, are fun right now. Signify is a fucking cool album.

And, well, as far as unpleasant consequences of drink go, I haven't had any yet, touch wood! Let's hope I don't wake with a hangover in the morning!

OK, then Jen and I will have to take you out one night and get you hammered! It's fun! And you feel surprisingly good! I am grinning my face off right now. It's kind of silly really. I mean, it's just drink. I know that! But I'm going to enjoy myself anyway.
We'll see. :)

I'm not sure what you are referring to here. When has Bono done a Q&A session?
In this bootleg (26/2/80), Bono's crapping on (the fake pommy accent wore off about halfway through), and he's like "I want some questions too... like what's this about pop stars?" ... and then he said someone's lost a camera, if everyone can look for it... "there's a photographer weeping in the corner"... :lol: And so on and so forth...

That whole bootleg brought the lolz.

Choccies are made of win!

Wish I had some choccies. But I have wine. Still debating whether to finish it. I am a lame and overly logical, thoughtful, nerdy drunk. Want to know anything about trains? Or history?
Assuming your logic circuits are still working, will you regret it tomorrow if you drink it all now? Cos it probably won't make a huge difference at this stage. :wink:

:huh: Our liquor store has a bunch of Shiraz too, when it comes to wines, I mean. I've never even seen Pinot Noir around here, though for all I know, we might not even have it! :lol:

Pinot noir is a classy kind of wine. It sounds like you live in hicksville though, so I am not shocked you don't have it. Then again, shiraz - which is also sold as syrah over your way - is good wine too. We have lots of it here simply because Victoria produces so much of it. It could be the state wine, really! All this fucking shiraz! But I like my pinot noir. It was my first wine love, back when I was seven. Ata Rangi pinot noir. Fucking great stuff. My father wasn't always the best, but he made sure that I grew up with good taste. Onya, Dad. :up:

(Only a drunk Axver would say that!)

Assuming your logic circuits are still working, will you regret it tomorrow if you drink it all now? Cos it probably won't make a huge difference at this stage. :wink:

Hmm. I may want to sample it for winetasting purposes, but I think my opinion is formed already. I can't see myself buying this again, except for purposes of drinking heavily during rugby.

So I guess I'll pour another glass, I suppose. Do I seem drunk?

Dan Murphy's, or BWS is probably your best bet, just in terms of their sheer size. Also cheaper.

My housemate went to the Grampians for her b'day one year, and visted a winery there. And brought back a lot of wine.

Dan Murphy's, or BWS is probably your best bet, just in terms of their sheer size. Also cheaper.

My housemate went to the Grampians for her b'day one year, and visted a winery there. And brought back a lot of wine.

Ah, yeah, I've just been popping into the local Liquorland by my Coles. It's rather mundane, though occasionally it turns up a surprisingly good wine, like Te Henga's pinot gris. Wow. It really lasts with spicy fruit textures. I presume there must be somewhere better on my tram route, though.

And I'd love to do a tour of Victorian wineries. :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom