Broomrape Lane, Lake Havasu City, Arizona Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
God, I am having fun and it doesn't really seem to matter what I am doing. So I must be drunk. Alas, I have only one glass of wine left in the bottle after I down this one! And it is half done already.

My logical side is still working. I'm thinking that maybe I should keep that one remaining glass for tomorrow so that I can sample it sober and give a proper assessment of the wine's qualities. But then again, I am also thinking that I wasn't too taken aback by it when I began drinking earlier this evening. It was a good wine for drinking fairly quickly through rugby, though, even if it lacked the full body and dryness that I would desire from a quality red wine.

Apparently considering I was about to pass out while talking to you last night and I told you I need to "sleep some sleeping." :lmao:

Sleep some sleeping was classic. Though I imagine in some language somewhere, that is a grammatically correct construction.

FFS, I am a nerd even when pissed.

Yeah, they did a show under the influence in the pre-Boy days and it failed abysmally. Though it might have been under the influence of drugs rather than alcohol; I can't remember. I certainly imagine Adam has played under the influence of both drugs and alcohol since then! :laugh:

There's a bit in Flanagan's book when Adam missed that Sydney show, when Flanagan wrote something like, "Drunk or sober, Adam's always made the show until now".

And there's that pre-JT TV performance, including a stirring rendition of "IN THIS TOWN IN THIS TOWN IN THIS TOWN"....

God, I am having fun and it doesn't really seem to matter what I am doing. So I must be drunk. Alas, I have only one glass of wine left in the bottle after I down this one! And it is half done already.

My logical side is still working. I'm thinking that maybe I should keep that one remaining glass for tomorrow so that I can sample it sober and give a proper assessment of the wine's qualities. But then again, I am also thinking that I wasn't too taken aback by it when I began drinking earlier this evening. It was a good wine for drinking fairly quickly through rugby, though, even if it lacked the full body and dryness that I would desire from a quality red wine.

Ah, the rambling drunk!

I thought we established that there's no such thing as too crap for Phail... just too good for Phail. :wink:

Well, true, but you can't imagine how bad I am right now! :lol:

I miss the days when I wasn't that bad a guitarist. I also wish I knew where my nice yellow guitar strap has gone!

:eek: I thought you already nominated me?

But you're on the wrong side of the Pacific, you silly girl!

Sleep some sleeping was classic. Though I imagine in some language somewhere, that is a grammatically correct construction.

FFS, I am a nerd even when pissed.
I thought you hadn't even noticed because you didn't say anything about it. :lol:

I don't even REMEMBER saying that! Which is why I'm pissing myself laughing right now.

There's a bit in Flanagan's book when Adam missed that Sydney show, when Flanagan wrote something like, "Drunk or sober, Adam's always made the show until now".

And there's that pre-JT TV performance, including a stirring rendition of "IN THIS TOWN IN THIS TOWN IN THIS TOWN"....

:laugh: Good points, Flanagan and Ali. IN THIS TOWN IN THIS TOWN IN THIS TOWN had to be the whole band sloshed. If even one were sober, they would have put a stop to that silliness! But I am thankful they did not. It is too classic, and it has provided Bonnie with a joke that keeps on giving for all of us.

Ah, the rambling drunk!

I ramble anyway; you know that! Just see my LJ! :laugh:

I'd make a drunk entry but I'm still too together to think "I've nothing to really talk about ..."

I thought you hadn't even noticed because you didn't say anything about it. :lol:

I don't even REMEMBER saying that! Which is why I'm pissing myself laughing right now.

Oh, no, I just laughed and didn't say anything!

You should go buy some absinthe or something and really bring the lulz.

Well, true, but you can't imagine how bad I am right now! :lol:

I miss the days when I wasn't that bad a guitarist. I also wish I knew where my nice yellow guitar strap has gone!
You might be surprised at how much of it will come back if you give it a chance...
The strap would be useful, though.

That's what planes are for. :wink:
Off you go then... I'll meet you at Tullamarine in what, 20 hours or so? :wink:

:laugh: Good points, Flanagan and Ali. IN THIS TOWN IN THIS TOWN IN THIS TOWN had to be the whole band sloshed. If even one were sober, they would have put a stop to that silliness! But I am thankful they did not. It is too classic, and it has provided Bonnie with a joke that keeps on giving for all of us.

Indeed. And an amusing avatar/location combo, too...

You might be surprised at how much of it will come back if you give it a chance...
The strap would be useful, though.

True. When I do pick up the guitar and really sit down with it for a bit, I find some stuff comes back. I can't fathom where the strap is. It should be in the guitar case. But I did keep it in the back of my amp, where its cable would be curled up. So maybe I've stuck it in a bag or something when I've moved and just never recovered it? I'll have to check a couple of bags I've stowed in the wardrobe sometime to see if it's in them. It was a very nice strap. Very bright yellow.

I imagine a lot of people here expect me to have a black strap, or something very serious. But I love yellow. Given the last two sentences, I must be drunk, as I am not 100% sure I would say that sober. Though I might. Who knows! This part, however, I would only type drunk!

Buy a fucking ticket then!

Woah, I've had about 7.5 glasses of wine in two hours. Shouldn't my typing and balance and speech be utterly shit by now?

Genetic freakiness aside, I recall that you had pizza before you started drinking... if you'd drunk that on an empty stomach, I daresay things might be different now. :D

I ramble anyway; you know that! Just see my LJ! :laugh:

I'd make a drunk entry but I'm still too together to think "I've nothing to really talk about ..."

Oh, no, I just laughed and didn't say anything!

You speak the truth! I can a rambler when I want to, but certainly not when I drink unless I get going on a subject. There was one time I rambled on for like 2 hours (verbally) and I am sure nobody was paying attention to me, as I was pissed!

:lol: I was too drunk to have really cared, I think. Seeing as I made no move to correct the typos at all.

Indeed. And an amusing avatar/location combo, too...

I hope she never changes that.

When she was here, we should have got her drunk and got her to sing IN THIS TOWN IN THIS TOWN IN THIS TOWN.

It would have been inthistowntastic. :up:

That is nasty shit... but I don't like aniseed. :yuck:

Plus it's GREEN. Although that doesn't put me off Illusion shakers and other midouri-based things.

Who's got the tin whistle?!

Genetic freakiness aside, I recall that you had pizza before you started drinking... if you'd drunk that on an empty stomach, I daresay things might be different now. :D

Had the pizza 1.5 hours before I had the booze, and my homemade pizza is not very substantial, I assure you! It is much smaller than a shop-bought pizza, plus I use pita bread as the base. I also buy the smaller pita bread as the larger ones don't fit in my little oven's tray.

That is nasty shit... but I don't like aniseed. :yuck:

Plus it's GREEN. Although that doesn't put me off Illusion shakers and other midouri-based things.

Who's got the tin whistle?!

But getting smashed on absinthe would surely fuck up typing! I think it's what caused Bonnie to forget the alphabet on that epic drunkposting occasion ...

Had the pizza 1.5 hours before I had the booze, and my homemade pizza is not very substantial, I assure you! It is much smaller than a shop-bought pizza, plus I use pita bread as the base. I also buy the smaller pita bread as the larger ones don't fit in my little oven's tray.

Any food will soak up more alcohol than none, even so...

You speak the truth! I can a rambler when I want to, but certainly not when I drink unless I get going on a subject. There was one time I rambled on for like 2 hours (verbally) and I am sure nobody was paying attention to me, as I was pissed!

:laugh:

That's awesome. Get me going on something cool like trains or history or New Zealand and I may not shut up! But then again, that's probably true sober too ...

I wish I were more hammered.

Any food will soak up more alcohol than none, even so...

I was eating brie cheese on crackers while I drank, too. But I should say that my stomach doesn't feel very full at all. In fact, I'm kind of tempted to go get more of the cheese and crackers. I put them away at the end of the rugby.

I hope she never changes that.

When she was here, we should have got her drunk and got her to sing IN THIS TOWN IN THIS TOWN IN THIS TOWN.

It would have been inthistowntastic. :up:

Maybe next time we'll get a chance to have a proper night out... or in. Whichever works :D

Ali, you should drunkpost one day. I bet it would be nerdtastic. :up:

I feel like rambling about history and railways. And I am almost done with glass eight. Shall I pour glass nine, the last glass left in the bottle, or shall I finish for the night?

:laugh:

That's awesome. Get me going on something cool like trains or history or New Zealand and I may not shut up! But then again, that's probably true sober too ...

I wish I were more hammered.
It was definitely a Bono moment where everyone involved was probably thinking, "Oh ffs, she's STILL going?! :doh:"

Eating more cheese and crackers is gonna make you less hammered though. You need stronger alcohol! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom