Broomrape Lane, Lake Havasu City, Arizona Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hated it when I first heard it. I even used its title as an example of moronic lyrics.

Then one day, it suddenly hit me. I think because I properly paid attention to the rest of the lyrics.

It really only hit me when I listened to the one and only live version.

So, so good. I agree that it should have been on Pop.

:hmm: i think that was its title originally. isn't that one of the songs on the cover of zooropa?
i was right, i just checked:
The faint squiggly design in the background of the cover consists of several series of letters, which spell out the titles of songs that were written at the time of Zooropa but didn't make the the album. In order of appearance: "Wake Up Dead Man" (aWAKEUPDE), "The Wanderer" (this one, of course, is featured on the album)(ANWANDER), "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me" (ISSMEKILLM) and "If You Wear That Velvet Dress" (ETDRESS) - all released at later stages. However, line 1 reads SINATRA.
they act almost like "sinatra" made no sense - that's the original title for two shots :doh:

Please on Pop is great. It's a favourite. BUT. I find it almost unlistenable compared to how fucking OUT OF THIS WORLD it was on Popmart. Please in Sarajevo gives me fucking chills every time and I'm going to play it after WUDM.

I only remember HMTMKMKM and WUDM being on Zooropa's cover, but I haven't looked in ages ...

And If You Wear That Velvet Dress as a title suffers from the same problem as Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of, really. It sounds like a parody, what some n00by casual fan might think the title is, when it should actually be a rather obvious shorter version.
:tongue:

and yeah, as i said in eykiw, i'm not a fan of long song titles.

omg guyz, they said "september, streets capsizing" - is it a reference to 9/11?
hurr.gif

What do you mean on the cover ofZooropa?
:lol: there's letters on the cover of zooropa. they're pretty hard to read, though. it's all song titles, most of which aren't even on the album. i found a site once that pointed them all out for you, like circling them on the cover. but i can't find that site now.

ftr I hate beingcalled a prude. This bitch at school seriously calls me that all the time and it makes me want to stab her with an ice pick.

Please :hyper: I was going to say smething else , but I can't remmerbe what it was

OH I remembe,r.

Chass - a lot of peope (me included ) ghear that lyric as Converse Shoes.

ftr I hate beingcalled a prude. This bitch at school seriously calls me that all the time and it makes me want to stab her with an ice pick.

Please :hyper: I was going to say smething else , but I can't remmerbe what it was

I don't know if you're a prude or not. I mean, you're in Club 83 with me, and I'm no prude....................................

If you ask me, WUDM by a good distance has the best lyrics on Pop, and qualifies as some of the best U2 lyrics ever.

What a killer closer, too.

Ahh Ian, it's ok, I'm just uptting that little fact out there. It wouldn't bother me if this chick didn't seriously call me it ALL THE FUCKING TIME.

Ok, so I'm seriously starting to think I'm a little dislexic, but I read Axver writing WUDM as WUMD, which I translted to > Weapons of Mass Destruction...maybe bno DID know something :ohmy:

Ok, so I'm seriously starting to think I'm a little dislexic, but I read Axver writing WUDM as WUMD, which I translted to > Weapons of Mass Destruction...maybe bno DID know something :ohmy:

See, what did I tell you? He's a bona fide Bonofied prophet. This is just proof! :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom