Broomrape Lane, Lake Havasu City, Arizona Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:yes: when i got that single, i was blown away with nasotr.

I cannot fathom what went through their minds that compelled them to not include that on the album. It's absolutely brilliant and deserves to be much better known than it is.

GUYS, HOLY SHIT, I JUST REALISED SOMETHING.

THE SUPERTHREAD HAS FINALLY COME TOTALLY FULL CIRCLE.

Our first thread was Pop Survivor Round One! :lol:

Only took us 148 threads to get back on topic ...

Toniiight, the moon has drawn its curtains
It's a privaate shoow
No one else gonna knooow
I waaaaaant you

"Do you feel okay? Are you sure it's okay? 'Cause I want some more..."

Someone throw some cold water on me.

GOd, I'll fucking be the only one to say it

I love Playboy Mansion, and I think Velvt dress is the worst peice of crap U2 has ever released

Edge's solo in Velvet Dress (which should be the full title, by the way) is some of his most beautiful and sublime work.

Hell, his playing for the entire song is just wonderful. I wish he'd done the solo more than once live. The song just didn't feel right with that part cut out, especially as it sounded so good in Vegas.

NASTOR was slightly disappointing the first time I heard it, just cause I was really expecting something different, but still a good song.

And now Velvet Dress. I love this song. U2 have never done anything else quite like this, though I do prefer the Jools Holland version.
Both versions have different kinds of sexiness, I like them both for different reasons.

GOd, I'll fucking be the only one to say it

I love Playboy Mansion, and I think Velvt dress is the worst peice of crap U2 has ever released
Yup. Prude :tsk:

Edge's solo in Velvet Dress (which should be the full title, by the way) is some of his most beautiful and sublime work.

Hell, his playing for the entire song is just wonderful. I wish he'd done the solo more than once live. The song just didn't feel right with that part cut out, especially as it sounded so good in Vegas.
:hmm: i think that was its title originally. isn't that one of the songs on the cover of zooropa?

and agreed.

NASTOR was slightly disappointing the first time I heard it, just cause I was really expecting something different, but still a good song.

I hated it when I first heard it. I even used its title as an example of moronic lyrics.

Then one day, it suddenly hit me. I think because I properly paid attention to the rest of the lyrics.

It's not that i hate the lyricsof velvet dress or anything but I can't hear the obnoxious beeping song. Honeslty, I can't pay any attention to the music at all the music sucks s o much but yeah the edge solo's alight, which it was in a differnt song

:hmm: i think that was its title originally. isn't that one of the songs on the cover of zooropa?

and agreed.

I only remember HMTMKMKM and WUDM being on Zooropa's cover, but I haven't looked in ages ...

And If You Wear That Velvet Dress as a title suffers from the same problem as Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of, really. It sounds like a parody, what some n00by casual fan might think the title is, when it should actually be a rather obvious shorter version.

I hated it when I first heard it. I even used its title as an example of moronic lyrics.

Then one day, it suddenly hit me. I think because I properly paid attention to the rest of the lyrics.

I don't o erly care forthe music bu the lyricas are great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom