Broomrape Lane, Lake Havasu City, Arizona Superthread - Page 21 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-02-2008, 11:06 PM   #301
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamOutLoud13 View Post
Okay, again at 1:23

Bono: "But maybe your hands aren't freee"
Some voice: "Carrot stick."

What the? What exactly is that?

Old 08-02-2008, 11:06 PM   #302
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:51 AM
Oh neat, there's a really nice guitar part in the left channel during the middle 8 that I'd never heard before

Old 08-02-2008, 11:08 PM   #303
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:51 AM
You can hear Van Diemens Land in the background of WUDM?

Now, I'm going to have to try and hear this carrot stick thing
Old 08-02-2008, 11:08 PM   #304
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
Yeah it's like, I can have candy (not too much) or a can of regular soda (7UP because I'm not allowed to have caffeine.) in a day's time and still be OK, so sweets aren't too much of an issue unless I take in a bit more than that.
That cordial would probably send me into one of these misery spells if I had one. My 16th birthday cake did it to me because it had too much sugar in it. It was so sweet that it made me sweat as I ate it.
I don't typically (or never did) get on sugar highs. It never affected me.
Yikes! I just don't seem to respond to stuff much at all, whether it's sugar or booze or whatever. I remember once when I was trying to stay up very late (4am when I normally went to sleep at 10pm), I had a glass of fizzy drink at about 3am when I was this close to falling asleep and for a couple of minutes actually felt a slight surge thanks to it.

Oh, and I do respond far too much to those nasty energy drinks like V and Red Bull! Give me one of those and I'll probably go walk around the block twenty times without building up a sweat.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-02-2008, 11:09 PM   #305
Blue Crack Addict

I heard carrot stick! Buwhahaha!

That is pretty random there, U2
Old 08-02-2008, 11:10 PM   #306
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenBlue View Post
You can hear Van Diemens Land in the background of WUDM?

Now, I'm going to have to try and hear this carrot stick thing
Yeah. I can't remember exactly when it is off the top of my head, but it's buried deep in the mix. There's LOTS in WUDM's mix, and it pretty much shoots holes in the "they had insufficient time on Pop" theory. Either they're just being revisionist twats with their own history, or they wasted far too much time on WUDM at the expense of everything else and only have themselves to blame for poor time management!

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-02-2008, 11:10 PM   #307
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
What weak Superthread dedication ...
God, it's not like anybody was even here

Quote:
What the? What exactly is that?
I don't even know. There is SO MUCH random shit in Wake up Dead Man.
Old 08-02-2008, 11:11 PM   #308
Blue Crack Addict

No, I didn't hear carrot stick after all...

I need better headphones
Old 08-02-2008, 11:11 PM   #309
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Yikes! I just don't seem to respond to stuff much at all, whether it's sugar or booze or whatever. I remember once when I was trying to stay up very late (4am when I normally went to sleep at 10pm), I had a glass of fizzy drink at about 3am when I was this close to falling asleep and for a couple of minutes actually felt a slight surge thanks to it.

Oh, and I do respond far too much to those nasty energy drinks like V and Red Bull! Give me one of those and I'll probably go walk around the block twenty times without building up a sweat.
Yeah, it's a pain in the arse. It depends on what the source of the sugar is though. Carbs, for example, don't tend to do it. So I can eat as much rice and stuff like that as I want without a problem. But straight sugar from cakes and stuff will do it if I've had too much. Again, must stress that it does take a little bit for it to actually happen, so I am pretty convinced I deserve it when it does!

When I was still a soda drinker, I was able to drink a can of soda and go straight to bed. Never kept me up at all.

And as for energy drinks? Those usually make me miserable. I never do bother with those. They don't affect me much except make me feel like I'm going to vomit for an hour or so.
Old 08-02-2008, 11:12 PM   #310
Blue Crack Addict

Okay, I gave it another listen.. and I can hear the carrot stick at the 1:23 mark.

Hmm

Learn something new everyday.
Old 08-02-2008, 11:14 PM   #311
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
I don't even know. There is SO MUCH random shit in Wake up Dead Man.
Huh, now I gotta hear this while my movie is rewinding!
(Yes, Axver, it actually NEEDS rewound this time! )

I never do listen to Wake Up Dead Man much, so I am gonna have to hear this.
Old 08-02-2008, 11:15 PM   #312
Vocal parasite

Quote:
God, it's not like anybody was even here
You got a problem with talking to yourself?

(Actually, I am pleased to say that for all my postwhorishness, I have never gone on a lengthy spree of talking to myself on the threads like some have done!)

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-02-2008, 11:16 PM   #313
ONE
love, blood, life

Carrot Stick!
That is so awesome. I am gonna stop skipping this song now. I never noticed that before.
Old 08-02-2008, 11:17 PM   #314
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Yeah. I can't remember exactly when it is off the top of my head, but it's buried deep in the mix. There's LOTS in WUDM's mix, and it pretty much shoots holes in the "they had insufficient time on Pop" theory. Either they're just being revisionist twats with their own history, or they wasted far too much time on WUDM at the expense of everything else and only have themselves to blame for poor time management!
I have a new theory regarding the reasoning behind VDL's presence there.

VDL was written by Edge, and has a sort of desperate, although not directly religious feel to it. In U2 by U2 they said that Edge was the one who came up with WUDM and wrote the opening lines while depressed after his separation from his first wife.

So you can kind of see the connection there, to have this depressed, angry at God song, and then buried underneath it, a plea of 'hold me now, oh hold me now'. Also, in the middle 8 Bono's essentially telling you to listen to the hidden message underneath the music
Old 08-02-2008, 11:19 PM   #315
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Yeah, it's a pain in the arse. It depends on what the source of the sugar is though. Carbs, for example, don't tend to do it. So I can eat as much rice and stuff like that as I want without a problem. But straight sugar from cakes and stuff will do it if I've had too much. Again, must stress that it does take a little bit for it to actually happen, so I am pretty convinced I deserve it when it does!

When I was still a soda drinker, I was able to drink a can of soda and go straight to bed. Never kept me up at all.

And as for energy drinks? Those usually make me miserable. I never do bother with those. They don't affect me much except make me feel like I'm going to vomit for an hour or so.
Huh, that's weird, and a pain. I just have to watch out for egg, myself. If it's just one egg thoroughly mixed and cooked through something big like a cake, I'm fine. But if it's six eggs, then I have to be a bit careful.

Yeah, same here. Unless I am astonishingly tired like in that example and actually pushing myself to stay awake when my eyes want none of it, I don't feel any effects from fizzy drinks. But energy drinks can go to hell. They taste nasty and they make me feel so restless that I end up pacing everywhere if I can't actually go out for a walk.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread