Broomrape Lane, Lake Havasu City, Arizona Superthread - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-02-2008, 12:32 PM   #136
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
You're such a pedant, it's great!

Actually, I do sort of taste it as it lasts in the mouth, but it really is not that notable, which is disappointing. For a wine not terribly oaky, I wish it were more prominent. Come on, Windy Peak, bring the fruits!

Ax likes things fruity.....

*gone*

Old 08-02-2008, 12:33 PM   #137
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
I've only ever seen it as "shiraz" when I've been over there. I might go looking at them again when I go to buy my schnapps. Wine is pretty overpriced over there, as I've began to notice so I suppose it's good that I go for the hard liquor for now!

I am pretty sure that the local grocery would have more of a selection than the carry out does and probably more reasonably priced, too.
Ah, right. I just know in some places, they sell shiraz as syrah. What are the comparative prices?

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-02-2008, 12:34 PM   #138
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisaura View Post

Ax likes things fruity.....

*gone*
Actually, I prefer dry wine, but if a wine isn't dry, I'd rather it bring the fruits than not, you know?

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-02-2008, 12:37 PM   #139
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:29 AM
Quote:
Ah, right. I just know in some places, they sell shiraz as syrah. What are the comparative prices?
Over at the liquor store, generally $20+
It depends on what you get. The really cheap horrible stuff (Wild Irish Rose, MD 20 20, etc, etc.) is probably below $10 and the good wines tend to be rather expensive. There was one bottle I seen that was close to $40. Didn't happen to catch what it was, though.

However, that place is known to be overpriced for, well, everything. Even soda and stuff like that. So I imagine it'd be cheaper at the grocery.
Old 08-02-2008, 12:40 PM   #140
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Over at the liquor store, generally $20+
It depends on what you get. The really cheap horrible stuff (Wild Irish Rose, MD 20 20, etc, etc.) is probably below $10 and the good wines tend to be rather expensive. There was one bottle I seen that was close to $40. Didn't happen to catch what it was, though.

However, that place is known to be overpriced for, well, everything. Even soda and stuff like that. So I imagine it'd be cheaper at the grocery.
Ah, right. The pinot noirs that I had my eye on were AUS$16-26. I wish they'd been a bit cheaper. I can often pick up a good wine for $11-15. There are cheaper wines, but I am skeptical of their quality, especially as I am picking them up from a booze chain owned by a supermarket. I need to find a proper bottle shop run for proper snobs wine drinkers.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-02-2008, 12:45 PM   #141
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Ah, right. The pinot noirs that I had my eye on were AUS$16-26. I wish they'd been a bit cheaper. I can often pick up a good wine for $11-15. There are cheaper wines, but I am skeptical of their quality, especially as I am picking them up from a booze chain owned by a supermarket. I need to find a proper bottle shop run for proper snobs wine drinkers.
They tend to be expensive over here, which doesn't shock me at all. I am sure that you would still have to fork out $25+ for a good bottle of wine.
Mind you I know next to nothing of wine since I tend to be a liquor drinker, though I've generally heard that wine gives hazy and fuzzy hangovers which isn't good! I suppose it depends on the drinker, though. That birthday that I had a good bit of red wine, I didn't even get tipsy and I'd had about 4 or 5 glasses. No morning issues off it. Luckily.
Old 08-02-2008, 12:45 PM   #142
The Male

Local Time: 02:29 AM
Just stopping by for a little bit.

Now.
Old 08-02-2008, 12:46 PM   #143
Vocal parasite

I just drank a whole bottle of wine in three hours. It wasn't bad. Why is my typing not total shit?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-02-2008, 12:46 PM   #144
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
Just stopping by for a little bit.
Hello.
How goes it?
Old 08-02-2008, 12:46 PM   #145
Vocal parasite

Hey Traviud!

Alas, that is not a typo this time.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-02-2008, 12:47 PM   #146
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
I just drank a whole bottle of wine in three hours. It wasn't bad. Why is my typing not total shit?
Loud and clear this time:

FREAK OF DRINKING NATURE.
Old 08-02-2008, 12:47 PM   #147
The Male

Local Time: 02:29 AM
What are the odds that anyone in EYKIW will get this Poochie reference?

U2 Feedback - View Single Post - New vid on U2.com!

I'm thinking none, but it was too good to resist. The "U2 needs more ATTITUDE/U2 needs to make Achtung Baby again" crap really gets under my skin.

Now.
Old 08-02-2008, 12:48 PM   #148
Vocal parasite

Quote:
They tend to be expensive over here, which doesn't shock me at all. I am sure that you would still have to fork out $25+ for a good bottle of wine.
Mind you I know next to nothing of wine since I tend to be a liquor drinker, though I've generally heard that wine gives hazy and fuzzy hangovers which isn't good! I suppose it depends on the drinker, though. That birthday that I had a good bit of red wine, I didn't even get tipsy and I'd had about 4 or 5 glasses. No morning issues off it. Luckily.
Yikes. People around your way should get some culture and stop sculling their nasty pisswater Budweiser.

I haven't had a hangover from wine (or anything) yet, touch wood! Let's see how I go now, having just downed a bottle. I can still feel a bit of an alcohol taste in my mouth. Maybe I should have some water? Can't be a bad idea, anyway.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-02-2008, 12:49 PM   #149
ONE
love, blood, life

Achtung Baby was NOT the greatest album ever. And they DON'T need to redo that again!
Old 08-02-2008, 12:51 PM   #150
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
What are the odds that anyone in EYKIW will get this Poochie reference?

U2 Feedback - View Single Post - New vid on U2.com!

I'm thinking none, but it was too good to resist. The "U2 needs more ATTITUDE/U2 needs to make Achtung Baby again" crap really gets under my skin.
Nice one.

But yeah, Interference is far too predictable.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread