Brooke Shields fights back against Tom Cruise - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-02-2005, 03:10 AM   #16
War Child
 
myusernamehere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The question is; where are you?
Posts: 768
Local Time: 06:44 AM
I Brooke.

I highly doubt vitamins and exercise would have helped Andrea Yates.
__________________

__________________
myusernamehere is offline  
Old 07-02-2005, 05:51 AM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
BonosSaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 3,566
Local Time: 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by beli

You have the best freaking animations.
__________________

__________________
BonosSaint is offline  
Old 07-02-2005, 08:42 AM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
dandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: styrofoam peanut commune
Posts: 4,310
Local Time: 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by beli
__________________
dandy is offline  
Old 07-02-2005, 12:56 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict
 
nbcrusader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 22,071
Local Time: 03:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Palace_Hero
Tom Cruise was right.
Too bad he didn't go into his solution for the ancient aliens living in his body...
__________________
nbcrusader is offline  
Old 07-02-2005, 01:20 PM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life
 
indra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,689
Local Time: 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader


Too bad he didn't go into his solution for the ancient aliens living in his body...
The way he's been jumping around lately, I think they might be all trying to get out.
__________________
indra is offline  
Old 07-02-2005, 01:37 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict
 
nbcrusader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 22,071
Local Time: 03:44 AM
__________________
nbcrusader is offline  
Old 07-02-2005, 05:07 PM   #22
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,297
Local Time: 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader


Too bad he didn't go into his solution for the ancient aliens living in his body...
$380K worth of auditing should do it!
__________________
anitram is offline  
Old 07-04-2005, 10:00 AM   #23
Refugee
 
dazzlingamy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The city of blinding lights and amazing coffee - Melbourne.
Posts: 2,468
Local Time: 10:44 PM
well seeing tom cruise would never dip his pen in the ink to actually understand what its like to have a wife with depression from childbirth then he should shut his big 'my mouth has twice as many teeth as everyone else' FACE and piss off.


go back to brainwashing some more people and get your sneakers and kool aid ready. freak.
__________________
dazzlingamy is offline  
Old 07-04-2005, 10:10 AM   #24
Refugee
 
-macphisto-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,401
Local Time: 11:44 AM
But isnt there some other solution then taking drugs to defeat this? Maybe not just vitamins and excercise,(which was wrong to say) but I do not think that drugs is the answer for depression, theres got to be another way around it, so Cruise has a little point, you think?
__________________
-macphisto- is offline  
Old 07-04-2005, 10:25 AM   #25
ONE
love, blood, life
 
indra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,689
Local Time: 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by macphisto23
But isnt there some other solution then taking drugs to defeat this? Maybe not just vitamins and excercise,(which was wrong to say) but I do not think that drugs is the answer for depression, theres got to be another way around it, so Cruise has a little point, you think?
The idea that depression (or any other mental illness) should not be treated with drugs (that's not to say they are the ONLY way), is very odd to me. Very few people are going to tell the heart patient "don't take digitalis because it's a poison" (which it is), but they have no problem telling someone with a mental illness that there must be some other way.

Yes, antidepressants and other meds for mental illness can be dangerous or fatal if taken incorrectly or by the wrong person, but so can digitalis (and damn near every other durg or even food known). But if taken correctly, by the right person, antidepressants, like digitalis (which helped not only keep my mum alive for decades, but also helped her to have a fine quality of life), can be absolute lifesavers.
__________________
indra is offline  
Old 07-04-2005, 07:57 PM   #26
Jesus Online
 
Angela Harlem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1969
Location: a glass castle
Posts: 30,163
Local Time: 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by macphisto23
But isnt there some other solution then taking drugs to defeat this? Maybe not just vitamins and excercise,(which was wrong to say) but I do not think that drugs is the answer for depression, theres got to be another way around it, so Cruise has a little point, you think?
What voodoo curse is strong enough to beat the extremely strong effects of post partum depression? What Easter Island statue dance can ward off the imbalance making many women want to kill themselves?

Look, I should not be so flippant here. Sorry. But mate, there is no other option currently. Tom Cruise has no point. Vitamins are a ridiculous answer to this form of depression. I can't speak for other forms, so he might have a point there, I dont know. I do know postpartum depression personally, and taking a handful of Centrum every morning would not have saved me. Ever had your little baby strapped into a car seat, pulled up at yet another set of lights and thought (yet again) 'what if I didn't brake...' while contemplating the D-Double truck in front of you? I'm not after sympathy, please dont get me wrong. Knowledge would be a most excellent bonus. My depression did it's best to ruin my marriage (we've since begun the recovery of that), it nearly killed me, and it robbed me of many months of bonding with my daughter. The effects it has are immense. It has far reaching consequences. Drugs aren't a good choice, no one wishes to seek them out; but everyone, don't fuck around with it. Take the drugs, get help, find the want to live again. Tom Cruise is a fucking nutcase. I implore anyone out there to ignore his ridiculous beliefs. This condition is too strong to be helped by much else other than drugs which are designed to help you simply get back on track, and counselling.
__________________
<a href=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/angelaharlem/thPaul_Roos28.jpg target=_blank>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...aul_Roos28.jpg</a>
Angela Harlem is offline  
Old 07-04-2005, 08:44 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
WildHoneyAlways's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: In a glass case of emotion
Posts: 8,158
Local Time: 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by macphisto23
But isnt there some other solution then taking drugs to defeat this? Maybe not just vitamins and excercise,(which was wrong to say) but I do not think that drugs is the answer for depression, theres got to be another way around it, so Cruise has a little point, you think?
Having known someone who is a manic/depressive I totally disagee. Medicaton helps make life "liveable."

I applaud Brooke for talking about her depression. Mental illness is too often treated as a taboo subject.
__________________
WildHoneyAlways is offline  
Old 07-05-2005, 07:43 AM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 4,422
Local Time: 11:44 AM
counseling helps alot; that should probably be the first thing someone should try if depressed.


....and tom cruise sucks.
__________________
JOFO is offline  
Old 07-05-2005, 03:42 PM   #29
Blue Crack Addict
 
redkat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: racing to the waterside
Posts: 19,620
Local Time: 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem


What voodoo curse is strong enough to beat the extremely strong effects of post partum depression? What Easter Island statue dance can ward off the imbalance making many women want to kill themselves?

Look, I should not be so flippant here. Sorry. But mate, there is no other option currently. Tom Cruise has no point. Vitamins are a ridiculous answer to this form of depression. I can't speak for other forms, so he might have a point there, I dont know. I do know postpartum depression personally, and taking a handful of Centrum every morning would not have saved me. Ever had your little baby strapped into a car seat, pulled up at yet another set of lights and thought (yet again) 'what if I didn't brake...' while contemplating the D-Double truck in front of you? I'm not after sympathy, please dont get me wrong. Knowledge would be a most excellent bonus. My depression did it's best to ruin my marriage (we've since begun the recovery of that), it nearly killed me, and it robbed me of many months of bonding with my daughter. The effects it has are immense. It has far reaching consequences. Drugs aren't a good choice, no one wishes to seek them out; but everyone, don't fuck around with it. Take the drugs, get help, find the want to live again. Tom Cruise is a fucking nutcase. I implore anyone out there to ignore his ridiculous beliefs. This condition is too strong to be helped by much else other than drugs which are designed to help you simply get back on track, and counselling.

Angela Harlem Could you e-mail me? I'm assuming being a premium member you can get my addy If not let me know.

Thanks
__________________
redkat is offline  
Old 07-05-2005, 05:23 PM   #30
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Queen Lurker
Posts: 323
Local Time: 11:44 AM
Angela Harlem, thank you for your candid response, and many hugs to you for being so honest. Your experience with postpartum depression echoes my own experience I had 7 years ago to a "t". Mine lasted for well over a year, and I am ashamed now to admit it - but I thought I was strong enough to beat the depression and keep it to myself, bottled up inside. I have never been so wrong about anything in my entire life.

During that time, I watched a lot of daytime talkshows, like the ones Tom Cruise appears on. It sounds silly, but in my fragile state I became addicted to them, it was like I trying to find answers and tried to take what those talkshows said as gospel. I really thought they were there to help me see the world from a different perspective and in turn, make me feel better about myself. I think by design (and clever scheduling) many of those shows prey on mainly women who are in a vulnerable state like I was. Mothers, and those who are unemployed for whatever reason whether they are simply out of work or are too sick to work. Some shows are crapfests like the Jenny Jones ones I tuned into all those years ago... yet some others, yes even the reputable Orpah, I'm sorry to say are paved to hell with the best of intentions. There is an agenda and I can only say through my observations that being exposed to those shows on a constant basis like I was do a lot more harm than good. Tom Cruise knows his audience and when they are watching. He knows that chances are, a good portion of people tuning into Oprah have probably just settled their babies down for their afternoon nap. That's why he's saying the things he's saying, he knows his audience. His ideas are dangerous and this makes him a dangerous man because he's a celebrity and people *will* listen to him and take his word as gospel. I'm not too proud to admit that if I heard him babbling when I was at the peak of my depression, I might have taken his word for it. He is preying on women in a vulnerable state.

And it makes me sick.
__________________

__________________
adam's_mistress is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com