Broken Social Scene

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Basstrap

ONE love, blood, life
you gotta check these guys out!
seriously
they're very very good

made up of members from Silver Mount Zion and...even...treble charger

but it's very nice quasi-ambient rock

hey, do you like spiritualized? Sort of reminds me of that, in a way...I like it. It's one of those that grows on you, I think... :)

yeah...I've heard of spiritualized...but haven't heard any songs! I should though

my fave BSS songs are shampoo suicide, Anthemes for a 17 years old girl, and Stars and Sons

I really like the voice

i like "you forget it in people" quite a bit. i was surprised/happy to see pitchforkmedia review it. gave em a fair bit of publicity.

Bump :shifty:

I just saw these guys play live last week. So excellent! They have a rock/jazz/alt. sound. Rich guitar work and good vocals. I think most people who like groups like doves or elbow would like these guys. you forgot it in people is worth buying. What is nice is every song is different. Even though the band has a distinct sound, the songs are all unique compared to each other. :drool:

cujo reccomended a couple of their songs to me last week

:up: enjoyable music.

Good work basstrap. They're an awesome band... a surprise considering their roots.

:up:

I saw them a couple weeks ago, and it was definitely worth it. At the moment they're in my heavy rotation, especially Almost Crimes, Cause=Time, and KC Accidental. I went to hmv last night to pick up their new b-sides ep, but apparently it has been pushed back to next tuesday.

If you're interested in my full review of the concert, I posted it in my journal...

Yeah these guys are awesome! They are soon coming out with a B-Sides and Rarities CD called Beehives, which is qutie good.. has a really nice mellow paino reworking of Lover's Spit,

You might be vaguely interested in Stars, too. They're made up of similar members, but play much more major key dream pop kinda stuff. Not everyone's cup of tea, but definitelyl interesting.

Back
Top Bottom