Brokeback Mountain - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-18-2006, 03:17 PM   #31
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by *Ally*

as for it not doing well in the rest of the world, you're probably right... sadly, many places- including parts of the USA (Utah comes to mind)- have yet to accept open homosexual relationships. but perhaps films like this will help to make a bit of a difference.
I am not just talking about homosexuality... the setting and the two 'cowboys' involved make this movie way too 'American' in my opinion... so I doubt that much people outside of the U.S. will go see it.

Old 01-18-2006, 03:50 PM   #32
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2@NYC

Because, in general, I have been disappointed with many of the movies that have come out... in a more competitive year, I think Brokeback Mountain would not be receiving all this recognition.
I don't know about that. It's a daring, beautifully filmed epic movie with a pedigree'd crew. I think it would have gotten attention either way. When you have a studio behind it as much as Focus Features has been, you are bound to get recognition.

Old 01-18-2006, 03:59 PM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by HelloAngel

I don't know about that. It's a daring, beautifully filmed epic movie with a pedigree'd crew. I think it would have gotten attention either way. When you have a studio behind it as much as Focus Features has been, you are bound to get recognition.
Well, to each its own opinion... for me, this movie was just mediocre... and that is the problem I generally have when a movie comes with so much hype as this one. I go to the theater expecting to see the next masterpiece, and I do not get much more than an average movie that, in my opinion, only stands because it deals with gay cowboys.

On the contrary, I normally tend to appreciate more movies I do not really know much about and that manage to surprise me.
Old 01-18-2006, 04:20 PM   #34
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

Well, to each its own opinion... for me, this movie was just mediocre... and that is the problem I generally have when a movie comes with so much hype as this one. I go to the theater expecting to see the next masterpiece, and I do not get much more than an average movie that, in my opinion, only stands because it deals with gay cowboys.

On the contrary, I normally tend to appreciate more movies I do not really know much about and that manage to surprise me.
I didn't loooove BM either. I liked it alot for all of its aspects, and felt that it probably was not as awesome as it could or should have been.
Old 01-18-2006, 04:39 PM   #35
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by HelloAngel

I didn't loooove BM either. I liked it alot for all of its aspects, and felt that it probably was not as awesome as it could or should have been.
It all depends on who watches the movie with you...
Old 01-18-2006, 04:44 PM   #36
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

It all depends on who watches the movie with you...
Perhaps. I watched it with my hunky boyfriend.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:01 PM   #37
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:50 PM

Old 03-20-2006, 07:09 PM   #38
Blue Crack Addict

(AP) -- Those who have yet to see "Brokeback Mountain," or those looking to see it again, will soon have a choice -- the DVD will hit stores April 4, even with the film still in theatrical release.

That's a rare overlap, said a spokeswoman for DVD distributor Universal Studios Home Entertainment. But, she explained, with the film still riding high on its eight Academy Award nominations and three Oscar wins, its theater run has been extended, bumping into the scheduled DVD release.

The DVD's special features include a profile of Oscar-winning director Ang Lee and interviews with Oscar-winning screenwriters Larry McMurtry and Diana Ossana. Oscar-nominated stars Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal also discuss the rodeo and wrangling training they had to prepare for their roles as the cowboys in love.

The "Brokeback Mountain" DVD is expected to sell for $29.98.