Broke my glasses *grrr*.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ms. Dane

The Fly
I broke my glasses, well at least the frame and it is a big deal because the frame is plastic and therefore beyond repair and I'm terribly near sighted. I'm sitting with my nose up in the screen right now just so I can get a blury idea of what I'm writing. My sight is -7? and -8 3/4. Optometrist is trying to see if he can fit the glasses into another frame but the only frame he could find was a bit too slim fitting so I'll probably end up looking completely stupid but I'm totally dependent on my glasses, I'm practically blind without them and I'm hearing impared. I'll have to keep my boys home tomorrow because it's not safe for me to walk out on my own and the boys ar too young to guide me *argghhh!*.

Awwwwwwwwwww. Sorry to hear that! :hug:

I tore one of my contacts about 2 months ago and i'm blind as well -8.25 in one eye and -8.50 in the other:huh: I had to wear my super thick glasses which I couldn't see well anyway. ARGH! I need laser eye surgery

:hug:
i'm sorry to hear that.
i broke my glasses before and even though my eyesight is okay I couldnt read a thing and ppl kept asking me questions about something they were showing to the class and I still couldnt see it sitting at the front. :lol: :reject:
Hope you get a new pair soon! :)

Breaking glasses is one thing; over one Xmas holiday, I LOST my glasses at a local golf course..

My regular glasses are slim-line tri lenses...I can't play golf in them because they are distorting when looking downward. so I wear single-vision sunglasses...Anyway, my eyedoctor was closed for the holidays...

I looked so cool through Xmas and New Years wearing shades 24 hours a day...geek... :reject:

After 2 years of wearing bent glasses * I laid down on them when I was camping* I finally replaced mine this past month. :D

Good luck Ms Dane, hope it works out soon.
I have only started to wear reading glasses in the past 12 months. I LOVE them. They seemed VERY expensive to me, so it would be a tragedy to break or lose them. I seem to fall asleep a lot when I'm reading ( poor old thing) I dread accidently rolling onto them. I think it's very tender when hub slips them off for me, me perched up on the pillow "reading" with my eyes closed.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
:hug: glasses :hug:
:cool:

Glad to hear that everyone knows how difficult it is to do without your glasses. Good thing is that I'm a homemaker now but it was hell when they broke back in my school days. Oh yes, and then I always had to come to school with mega thick glasses until I had my old ones repaired or replaced.

My eyes were running all evening long, it somehow also affects my hearing not to wear glasses and being hearing impared at the same time doesn't make the matter better.

The good news is that hub just drove home with my new glasses. The frame shape is the same as the old ones but they're thin metal so they don't give me that same defined look that the thicker plastic frames did so I'll want new glasses soon. I'm okay as long as I look straight ahead but if I look out to the sides or when I move my head the picture gets all curvy like a rounded lense and I get motion sick from it. I hate new glasses!

I have those trendy glasses that don't have any frames. I'm subconciously trying to break them so I can switch to contacts though. :wink: ...I don't that's very subconcious though.

Back
Top Bottom