BRMC new album info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2popmofo

Blue Meth Addict
I know there are quite a few fans here, so here you go:

James Gregory reports:
As previously reported, Black Rebel Motorcycle have been on a hiatus of sorts since last September, when longtime drummer Nick Jago was rumored to be exiled from the band following a fight with guitarist Peter Hayes. And while the gossip wasn't quite as gripping a drama as, say, the Smiths' breakup, we're sure somebody out there's been wondering about the lingering status of the Noel Gallagher-hailed leather jacket revivalists.

Thankfully, as the edges of our seats were almost worn through, a recent fanclub email penned by bassist Robert Turner has set the record straight on the Club's recent activity, which fans (and pacifists) will be happy to hear has been fisticuffs-free. "For everyone that's been concerned and in the dark on what's happening with Nick, we've recently reconciled with Nick and he's back playing drums again," Turner wrote. "We're all really happy to be playing music together again. It's more fun than it's ever been in the past."

So happy are the band, in fact, that said email goes on to confirm details on their recently completed third album, which is set for a UK release on August 22. Dubbed Howl, which Turner explains is "our own nod to Allen Ginsberg's book and the beat poets of the 1950s and 60s," the disc features 13 new tracks, including the upcoming single "Ain't No Easy Way", which will arrive on August 8. As they recently parted ways with previous label Virgin, the disc will be distributed through ECHO in UK/Europe, and RCA in the States, although a U.S. street date has yet to be finalized. Wait, aren't they from the U.S.? Way to go...traitors.

This will be the band's the first release since 2003's sophomore slump-ish, Take Them On, On Your Own, and will apparently offer some surprises for fans of the fuzz box-dependent trio. Describing the new album to Billboard late last year, Turner commented: "There's one in the vein of an old, Johnny Cash song, and there are a couple of songs that sound like Dylan's first couple of albums. On the songs that do have a fuller sound, they're more produced and layered. We used that setup more for our first album than the second; just having fun in the studio layering things, rather than the live electric band, throw-and-go sound." Club tracks:

01 Shuffle Your Feet
02 Howl
03 Devil's Waitin'
04 Ain't No Easy Way
05 Still Suspicion Holds You Tight
06 Fault Line
07 Promise
08 Weight Of The World
09 Restless Sinner
10 Gospel Song
11 Complicated Situation
12 Sympathetic Noose
13 The Line

In related news, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club will also be playing a handful a summer dates across the UK in support of Howl. The outing runs from through mid-June and will feature opening duties from none other than Brian Jonestown Massacre. Performances at both the Reading and Leeds festivals are also booked for late August. The Doctor is in:

06-11 Nottingham, England - Rescue Rooms
06-12 Glasgow, Scotland - Queen Margaret Union
06-13 Manchester, England - Manchester Academy
06-14 Birmingham, England - Carling Birmingham Academy
06-16 London, England - Scala
06-18 Leeds, England - The Cockpit
06-19 Brighton, England - Concorde 2
08-26 Reading, England - Richfield Avenue (Reading Festival)
08-27 Leeds, England - Bramham Park (Leeds Festival)

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/news/05-05/18.shtml#brmc

Same here. I do have to admit, I did think that their last was a bit of a "sophomore slump" like the previous article stated. It wasnt bad by any means, just not as "amazing" as their debut. I hope this next one will deliver. I also hope the US release isnt majorly delayed...

:up:

:mad: i still don't own either of the other albums. i need to fix that problem.

and i'd like to see them again when i'm not worrying about lost keys.

MrBrau1 said:
Cool. I like Jesus and Mary Chain

wow, that was stunningly clever . . .

good to hear, their first two albums were fab. hope a release date for the states gets set

I agree with the sophomore slump claim. I haven't listened to that album in quite a long time. Hopefully they've picked up some steam since then.

Back
Top Bottom